Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Reverse Lights  (Read 400 times)

ph1

Reverse Lights
« on: June 09, 2001, 09:44:15 PM »
NomadGTS4
(1/8/01 8:53:21 pm)
Reply  Reverse Lights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hiya team.

I have noticed that I have no reversing lights (you know, the white lights that come on when you are reversing so you can see behind you at night).

I assume that the car has them, has anyone struck this problem before?? It's not the bulbs, checked them, sweet as.

Does anyone know where the sensor or switch or whatever is that tells the lights when to work or not work?

Arithon  
SDU Admininstrator
(1/9/01 6:34:10 am)
  Re: Reverse Lights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It's on or in the gearbox as far as I know.

Have you checked your fuses etc?

Arithon

NomadGTS4
(1/9/01 7:52:05 am)
Reply  Re: Reverse Lights
 Yeah, fuses are sweet.

I won't get too worried about it.

Cheers!

GSR32
(1/9/01 11:59:08 am)
Reply  Re: No reverse lights
 ok, well if fuses are ok, then I would check the wire looms in the centre auto shift console. When I get home from work today I will check which wire(s) go high when reverse is activated.

Also, below the speedo gauge is a panel which indicates what gear you are in. When you put it into reverse, does the "R" light up green. If so this indicates that we have got some signal getting through from the AT shift console.

I assume you have checked all fuses in engine bay fuse box, and also ones inside below steering wheel. I will check for further possibilities when I get home.