Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Pics of polished engine  (Read 2054 times)

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« on: April 05, 2002, 03:09:40 PM »
This is the 'almost' final result of my blood, sweat, tears and and hours of f*cking poloshing over the last few weeks.

Anyone attempting such a job with just Austosol, bit of sandpaper and and polishing wheel will have hours of fun just watching there engine transform into chrome.

I'm so sick of polishing **** itsnot funny. Should of paid someone to do the bastard instead.

Doc

I'm am talking about polishing my engine if anyone was concerned. :laugh:

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 03:12:56 PM »
Sorry forgot the bloody pics didn't I.

sidewaymambo

good job...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2002, 03:15:33 PM »
Hi, Dude

Good job.....btw, why don't you pay someone to take the photo....:D :D

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2002, 03:17:31 PM »
Are you nocking my $60 digital camera punk. I take those soughts of comments to heart you know. Very sensitive I am.

I suppose I should get a decent camera aye.

Doc

sidewaymambo

Re: good job...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2002, 03:21:57 PM »
Originally posted by sidewaymambo
Hi, Dude

Good job.........:D :D

ok...now good job good job good job.........you feel better now....anyway after you spend all the time and tears..don't you think a $60 cam will bring down your hard work......

anyway good job, and would you like to go through it again? :laugh: :laugh:

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2002, 03:28:12 PM »
Yeah I would go through it again.

If someone paid me a **** load of money to do it.  
Don't get me started thinking about doing anyone elses car. I will supervise whilst you do all the hard work.

How funny is this. I woke up the other morning whilst my girlfriend was going upstairs, and I must have been half asleep. and I said "its OK the turbo is in the boot". My girlfriend had as much idea of what I was talking about as I did. She thought I was weird after that.

sidewaymambo

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 04:05:01 PM »
Originally posted by Doctor
Yeah I would go through it again.

If someone paid me a **** load of money to do it.  
Don't get me started thinking about doing anyone elses car. I will supervise whilst you do all the hard work.

How funny is this. I woke up the other morning whilst my girlfriend was going upstairs, and I must have been half asleep. and I said "its OK the turbo is in the boot". My girlfriend had as much idea of what I was talking about as I did. She thought I was weird after that.

"Honey, how would you like your turbo cook?".......:laugh:  I'll do that...:homer:

whatsisname

Hehehe
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2002, 05:07:42 PM »

Too many late night polishing sessions & Autosol fumes :laugh:

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2002, 05:11:38 PM »
I think your right you know. It was one of those days when I was workning on the car from morn-night, and when I finished I picked up a copy of zoom mag before bed.

I woke up that morning and said to my girlfriend, "did I say something weird this morning". **** it was funny.

Ben

whatsisname

Ben
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2002, 05:22:32 PM »
I think your right you know. It was one of those days when I was workning on the car from morn-night, and when I finished I picked up a copy of zoom mag before bed.

I woke up that morning and said to my girlfriend, "did I say something weird this morning". **** it was funny.

Ben

I'm exactly the same mate! :D  

Doing the car stuff all day & night, & then kick back in bed with a few Zoom/HPI mag's only to end up totally zonked out drooling all over them instead :laugh:

Oh yeah!, very nice polishing job too :) Hard work but it looks a million bucks!!!

NIGHTMARE

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2002, 12:16:04 AM »
Bling Bling:cool:

whatsisname

Rich
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2002, 01:27:28 AM »
Ya' got ya'self all set for a crack @ the 1/4 on the weekend mate?

stainNZ

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2002, 02:13:50 AM »
Wow that looks awesome Doctor!

Did you polish in there or pull the engine out?

not sure im that keen :)

But nice job, finished product looks worth it! :)

Doctor

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2002, 05:21:36 AM »
Just took of all of the pipework, rocker covers, cam covers etc, used paint stripper,  then polishing wheel (with green abrasive) then Autosol after Autosol.

I'm keen to come to the Creek but my car needs to go in for a dyno tune before I do anything.

Thanks for all your support guys, its those types of comments that make it all worth while when I was slaving away on the engine. :D

Doc

XrSiSt

Pics of polished engine
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2002, 07:43:58 AM »
Thats bloody nice.
I gotta give it ya, all that hard labour.
I'd love to do that to mine, but i dont
think i have as much long term determination
as you.

Keep it up.