Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: gts4 or gts-t  (Read 2407 times)

Mr Melon

gts4 or gts-t
« on: April 07, 2002, 03:22:24 AM »
ok, i've just sold my lancer (yay!)

so i'm looking to buy either a manual r32 gts4 or gts-t.

I'd prefer a 2 door, but a 4 door will do..
anyway

What I'm wanting to know, is would it be better to get a gts4 or a gts-t?
Is it that hard to make the gts4 as quick as the gts-t, and is the increase in handling performance in the gts4 worth paying for..

There are quite a few gts-t's around for pretty reasonable prices, and not a lot of gts4's... and the ones that are around, are pretty damn expensive.

cheers

stainNZ

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 03:57:50 AM »
Melon, u know what you want :P

sgt.seb

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 07:50:54 AM »
meh id look for both, the odds of finding a good gts4 tho is pretty low.  specially a 2dr.  from what i understand the gts4 is turboed as well, so it should be just as quick, but its heavier.  so with the same mods the t will always be faster because its lighter.  t more fun for drifting too, and burnouts i guess :)  plus way cheaper

in the end id say go for a t, you can wring heaps of performance out of one of those...also 4wd more expensive to fix if something goes wrong.

Forsteen

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 07:55:33 AM »
I would rather have a GTS-4 than a GTS-t.  The reason is that the GTS-4 has 4wd hence the 4 in the name.  I've seen a two door just like mine, same kit and everything except the stripes and it looked damn nice. :D

Mr Melon

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 08:05:09 AM »
Well the thing is i've only been in a gts4, so i can't really compare it to a gts-t.
Anyone in welly can feel free to take me for a thrash in their gts-t some time so I can see what it's like :D

Does anyone have any performance figures on the 2?
0-100 times and 1/4 mile times and all that?

I've had a look on google, but the ones that come up are all different, so I'm not sure what times are really accurate.

need4speed

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2002, 02:03:41 PM »
I personally was faced with the same question when I was looking to buy mah baby. I found a couple GTS-4's but they weren't as cheap, or in as good condition as some of the t's I saw.

The way I figured is, I'm uprgrading from a front wheel drive car, now I don't have thaaat much money, so I decided on getting the RWD t ... I thought, I'll buy a turbo RWD skyline first, then when I want a 4WD skyline, I'll buy a GTR.

I love it ... RWD is so much fun, and it feels really good. It weighs a little less than the '4, and like I said b4 they're easier to find in good condition than a GTS4.

SlowGTS-t

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2002, 05:32:32 PM »
Its been raining this weekend. Wish I had a GTS-4. Car  has been wheelspinning regularly in 1st and 2nd.. and a few times in 3rd. Ugh.

Er.. but blew away some boy racer in an Integra XSi (before the rain). Silly boy. Even gave him a 2 car head start. ok ok. I have slow reflexes :) Go the T when there is traction.

Doctor

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 05:59:37 PM »
I love the 4 in the wet. All these guys try and race me in the wet, I just launch at 4 grand and say buy buy, seriously by the time there off the mark I dead set have a 5 car headstart. I laugh so hard at there stupidity. I am yet to be beaten in the wet and the dry for that matter. It just launches so hard.

Doc

KiNGgTS25t

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2002, 03:44:44 AM »
couple nice gts4s in chch :D  going for bout 11k
wap wap wap wap

Mr Melon

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2002, 03:50:26 AM »
sweet,

I just heard that the gts4's are a bit gutless compared to the gts-t's but i'm not sure how much I believe that.

Im looking at a pretty nice looking manual gts4 today with pretty low km's for 9k. Hopefully it'll impress me :D

Ironman

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2002, 03:55:56 AM »
Originally posted by Mr Melon
sweet,

I just heard that the gts4's are a bit gutless compared to the gts-t's but i'm not sure how much I believe that.

Im looking at a pretty nice looking manual gts4 today with pretty low km's for 9k. Hopefully it'll impress me :D

Gutless??? :confused:
They share the same engine.

V8eta

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
car
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2002, 04:03:05 AM »
I just sold my gtst for a gts4, and it is so much better. The car doesnt feel much slower than my gtst was (running less boost in the 4 as well) Plus in the wet it kicks ass, and once youve launched the thing it takes a long time for a t to catch up:)
jeff
Ver 3 WRX STi type RA racer

GaLRaCa

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2002, 04:04:36 AM »
hehe yeah i was going to say they share the same engine too.....ummm the main difference is that one is slightly heavier, not by much, in fact its hardly anything, one is RWD and the other is 4WD.....i had a GTST, it was fun, loved it in the wet and stuff, however in my GTS4 it sticks to the ground, especially with the new tyres now but its awesome, and at the drags it just sticks and goes.

There is a GTS4 4 door down at the drags that can do 12 seconds i think.  Vinces GTST was doing 13's down there....

You cant stipulate that one is more gutless than the other as they are pretty much the same, its all personal preference.  I love the ABS and the grip that i have, especially in the winter months, wouldnt go back to a T after owning my 4, have a lot more fun with my 4.

RazorGTR

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2002, 04:16:45 AM »
GTS4 gutless? Hummm I know of one as many do and that was War Motorsport's GTS4 spanking a GTR at the Drags while running 11.87! I would not call that slow by any means.

You can tune both to perform awesomely. The problems with the GTS-t is getting the power down, though with good suspension and tyres that is not so much a huge issue though for daily driving racing tryes are not so good.

At the end of the day for a good all around driver the GTS4 is an awesome machine, though I have not owned one I know quite a few that do. Besides in the Skylines it is the Baby Godzilla :)

Mr Melon

gts4 or gts-t
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2002, 05:12:51 AM »