Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Fuels - Sydney, NSW  (Read 906 times)

Merli

Fuels - Sydney, NSW
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2002, 04:40:04 AM »
I can attest to this...

My car had it's PowerFC tuned for Optimax a month or so ago... and it was running beautifully...

The last two tankfulls of Optimax I put in, made the car detonate in 4th and  5th gears are high loads... I tried to remedy this by octane booster, but it still detonated...

Last night I went for a run of the OPH, and filled up a tank of Mobil Synergy 8000 and the car again, ran beautifully... No sign of detonation...

Shell must have revised their chemical composition of Optimax in their latest batches of fuel :(

Merli. :king:

TORANA/MAD

Fuels - Sydney, NSW
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2002, 04:50:13 AM »
There is this mate of a friend that told me one of his mates started using optimax and after a while it killed his engine ,dont know what car or engine it was but he was going on about optimax been a real dry fuel ? i have used it in the torana since i have had it and never had a prob though most of the time it was runing like crap. so..........

Ash.

fatgtr

Fuels - Sydney, NSW
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2002, 11:57:38 AM »
anyone with a bike knows not to run optimax cause it just runs like ****. just plane old premium for the road bike is the way to go.

i went to 5 bike stores each told the same story optimaxx= **** for a bike

runs fine on the normal premium now and my miss problem is fine

anyone noticed that optimax doesnt smell the same as when it first come out???

yea i know i need help but i like to have a sniff of the petrol just to make sure what im getting and the smell has changed quite drasically from what it was 2 months ago

pete

meggala

Fuels - Sydney, NSW
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2002, 12:57:11 PM »
I read simialrly with the optimax and had ping ing with it and now I use synergy. I read some where that the chemical composition in optimax has changed as well so mobil here we come I haven't seen bp ultimate in melb any one seen it.
meggala

_turtle_

Fuels - Sydney, NSW
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2002, 03:51:15 PM »
I haven't seen bp ultimate in melb any one seen it.

yeah, bp ultimate is all over melbourne, look for a different logo, instead of just sayin bp and then the green backgroun, i think its a bit brighter and has a picture of a sun or something like that for the logo.

qik33r

Other Fuels
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2002, 11:36:11 AM »
I guess some of you who live out in the north.western sydney area have noticed the new Evolution fuel. The 'G' petrol station on Norwest Blvd has it, and I've been using it for about 2-3months. It seems to work great, but I have never experienced any problems with any of the other 98oct fuels.

Anyone else used Evolution? comments?