Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?  (Read 1770 times)

Wil25t

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2002, 06:38:10 PM »
Chris maybe u should get an ITC.
I have one if u are interested.

BOOSTMEISTER

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2002, 02:10:21 AM »
Assuming you buy new $1100 is a bit over half the cost of a PFC with install etc, you could buy unichip which is quite good for $1200 which includes install and for another $300 get electronic boost control.  Unfortunately if you want a ITC be quick as they have been discontinued by APEXi and so once the stock in Oz is gone thats it.

25GTT

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2002, 11:19:20 AM »
Hi guys,

In answer to some of the info and questions i have received.

Jeff Ash at C-red (Perth) is doing it (for all you people who wanted to know about the re-map) from the info i have gathered from you guys and my other thread "R33 REMAP or SAFC" i am going to ask him how much it is going to cost me every time i do a mod. FOr example f i do get the remap i want to get a FMIC put in about 3 months time so i will have to get it redone then. Judging that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg then i will go this way.

However as i don't have money coming out of my arse(which i am kinda glad about in a way coz MAN my ass would hurt with paper cuts! :-) )and the SAFC dosn't cost HEAPS to redo than that will be the way to go!

So all in all if a remap of a remap aint too expensive looks like i will go that way instead of the SAFC.

I will keep you all informed as to the exact details of how this goes. Keep in mind i have bought my car, serviced, and basic mods through Jeff so i dunno if that is the general price for everyone.

From what Jeff has told me, I understand that they take a chip off the circuit board, replace with a new one that can be remapped plug a laptop onto it and then get all mixtures and settings as best as possible. $1100 ALL UP new chip, remap, dyno EVERYTHING is what i was told. however it would be more of a pain to redo for every mod that a Power FC would as there is no controller.

Once again thanks for all the Awesome feed back! much appreciated. If you guys and gals do here any more info about this feel free to post away as i am always eager to learn more!!

:cool: :idea:

R34

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2002, 04:29:08 PM »
Originally posted by BOOSTMEISTER
R34
Do you know that the R34's have two points that determine the boot cut ie. boost cut is triggered by 2 different signals so if you get rid of / bypass one you still have to do the other or it will still cut.

Cam

Yeah we figured that must be it but only had one FCD unit.
There are two mapsensors and the AFM.Can you tell me which map sensor to fit the FCD to?
Does the other FCD go onto the AFM wire?
Have you experience with the R34's before or where did you get your info?
Sorry for so many questions

BOOSTMEISTER

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2002, 01:57:13 AM »
R34

Actually, I read it in Paul Brells (BD4's) article in the first issue of SPEED magazine.  I thought it was quite interesting.  While BD4's aren't always forthcoming with info it may pay to call them.

Cam

ex-static

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2002, 04:14:15 AM »
I'd go the s-afc, nothing beats the **** factor of the funky blue screen :)

philnet

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2002, 02:50:03 PM »
does anyone no if x speed do remapps coz my mates best friend owns it and he said he can hook me up wid watever i want cheap and i was gonna do my chip and up the psi aswell

_turtle_

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2002, 06:16:12 PM »
We both know u can get SAFC for about $550

just wondering, where can u get safc for $550??

25GTT

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2002, 08:22:43 AM »
hey _turtle_

http://www.takakaira.com has cheap SAFC's going though you have to order from overseas but some of you guys already have done this and have had no probs in ordering. Give that a go.

If not i hear some guys are doing an order soon maybe ask some of the lads if they are doing an order of SAFC's? this would probably be the best way!

Cheaper doing this then paying $700 through local mod stores!

:idea:

_turtle_

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2002, 05:37:42 PM »
hey 25gtt thanks for the site, it is pretty cheap. i converted it back to aussie dollars and it was less than 500.  but then theres the freight charges so its around 550.  sounds like a good price to me, only prob is, how do u install it?  do u get an auto elec to do it?

IMACUL8

R33 Remap or Apexi SAFC?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2002, 02:57:23 AM »
Its a piece of piss to install.

Do it your self, or if u have a mate who a sparki or techo get him to do it.  The shops will charge u $100 or more bucks to put in (RIP OFF) - and it probably takes 1 hour all up.  So if u got a mate whos a sparki get him to do it.

Otherwise ask auto elect for price upfront to install.  Tell him u want it done with solder and shrink wrap, shouldnt be more than $50.

Dan