Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Should i send my car to Adelaide now??  (Read 724 times)

fat313

Should i send my car to Adelaide now??
« on: May 29, 2002, 10:55:50 AM »
I would like to know anyone think is it better for me to do the road worthy test in S.A or in Victoria?  I was told (by Craig) that S.A is difficult to pass the test as I need to restore my car back to original form (change intercooler, exhaust, blow off valve, suspension, etc), where else, in Victoria is not so fussy.  Does anyone have more information about this area?  Anyone know any company that can do this for me in Adelaide?

Originally I want to do the road worthy test in Melbourne as Craig could take care every thing.  However, since my compliance plate does not like to visit me (and I am very impatient right now), I am actually thinking of sending the car to Adelaide so that I can at least admire the car when I wake up every morning while waiting for the plate.  What do you guys think?

NitRaTe

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 11:18:21 AM »
i think you should get it complianced in Victoria cause you said it's not so fussy over there. =)

fat313

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 11:32:16 AM »
Yeah but i am running out of patient and i can "sense" my plate should arrive in another month time (already waited two and half weeks).

sidewaymambo

it will come!!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 12:16:54 PM »
the good thing will comes at last, take my word!! I have had wait for 2 and half month for the beast on road!! VIC is the way to go!!

Bleck

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 03:47:43 PM »
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! At all cost DON'T bring your car to Adelaide to get registered for the first time!!!!!

Craig (presuming J-Spec), is giving you advice based on the sh1t that I had to go through when I bought my car from him and had it registered in Adelaide this year.  They pinged me for absolutely everything, and my car is practically standard.  The only non standard thing I had was a Blitz BOV, which I disconnected prior to going there.

Straight away the pricks at Regency Park licencing centre said that I would have to completely remove it, and all the associated piping and replace it with standard pipes.  They also said that the cars' "eyebrow height" was too low.  Even though the suspension was standard and the car cleared the 100mm ground clearance limit.

The only way to fix the eyebrow height, is to replace the suspension.  In the end, after a **** load of dicking around (and about 1.5 months) the car was registered in VIC with craig assistance.

MAJOR Headaches for the 2 of us!!  Lemmie know if you want anymore info.

Bleck

grepin

Vic
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2002, 03:49:22 PM »
I know a guy who tried in SA and as you said had to return everything to origonal. His suspension had to be origonal height even though it was still legal but lowered. He had a blowoff valve fitted to his inlet pipe closer to the front of the car and although disconnected they wanted it totally removed. He went to Vic.

fat313

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 03:53:56 PM »
ACK!!!!!!!!!!!! I will DEFINATELY take your advice NOT to register the car in S.A.!!!  Thanks for the info anyway.  

BTW why these people in SA are soooo fussy??

andyy

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 04:13:43 PM »
guys, my car is currently registered under vicroads, would I have much trouble re-register into SA plates?

PeteSmith

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2002, 04:16:52 PM »
my car is VIC too cos i used to live there.. but how do u guys go about getting VIC rego if u dont live there.. i would be interested to know cos i want to change to QLD rego even tho i live just over the border in NSW.

Bleck

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2002, 06:31:52 AM »
Have had a couple of mates try top change their rego over to SA from other states and they had problems.  Such as a friend was told to remove her FACTORY window tint from a 6month old Holden Astra as it was illegal according to the nazi's at Regency Park.  After letters from Holden and stuffing around they let her keep it.  Another mate had a race harness in his QLD rego'd FJ40.  That was a show stopper as well, so he just kept it registered in QLD.  I had a VL Berlina that I transferred from WA to SA, with illegal tint (20%) and had no probs.

I guess you have to time it with their PMT.

Bleck

NARK[iPGN]

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2002, 06:50:13 AM »
man i cant believe how bad it is over there for u guys. As if it isnt bad enuff having to go thru all the hassle and red tape the Govt has provided us with to bring our cars here in the first place that u have to go thru all that just to reg it once the damn thing is here!

GO VIC!