Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Tyres size?  (Read 25797 times)

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2002, 09:15:29 PM »
Oh well mate, ain't your car 4x4? If so aren't the good for caravans? LMAO:D  U could sleep in that then, also they do make a caravan called the skyline, u would be envy of all:D :king: :D

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2002, 10:44:47 PM »
Rich,

Here are the Nismo recomended wheel / tyre combinations for the R33GTS25T.

93/8 R33 R34
8.0x17 31 235/45-17
9.0x17 38 255/40-17
8.5x18 37 245/40-18
9.5x18 42 275/35-18

Kinda depends on the width of your rims, but you'll probably be OK with the slightly higher profile on the front.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2002, 02:11:35 AM »
Cheers for that mate, them sizes apply to the whole of the car or just front?

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2002, 02:49:40 AM »
Woops, I should've explained that Eh.....

8.5x18 @ front, 9.5x18 @ rear

The idea with the different profiles, is to keep the rolling radius the same size front to back. Your using a different width from the recomended, but you'll still be able to go up a profile size without detriment to the handling.

I guess if you go even wider at the front, then you'll have to consider the wet weather handling, and the front to rear balance in the dry. Probably increasing the front width, will have the effect of reducing wet weather grip, but increasing dry grip.

I'd imagine an increase in dry grip at the front, will feel like less grip at the rear. Did I make sense with that ?

How is the wonderful Laura tonight :)

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2002, 10:04:14 AM »
Yeah that made sense mate, think i'll stick to 235 at the front then. Thx for that Jason.

Laura is fine mate,  asleep but fine, lol

JasonO

Tyres size?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2002, 11:04:07 AM »
Cool,

Just thought she may have got me the wrong way, what with the leave off and all that.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2002, 12:14:20 PM »
I was only asleep cos you put a boring film on Rich !! :dfinger:

Im fine Jason, didnt get you the wrong way mate, just that the car belongs to both for us, both paid half each, although rich gets fed up with me if i start saying it's my car not his :rolleyes:

He's even taking me off the insurance at the end of next month :eek:

So you going camping then?  I am !!!

Laura

jrpidgeon

Tyres size?
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2002, 09:34:59 PM »
What alloys have you got then Rich?.

Hope you are well.

Jason.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2002, 10:55:46 PM »
Jason they are Stilauto 300 something or another forget the last part, very nice anyway.  Size wise they are 9x18 for all 4.

I'm doing well mate hows about you? Still not been able to sort an autochanger out for ya, well not at a good price anyway.

jrpidgeon

Tyres size?
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2002, 11:10:18 PM »
Hi Rich, yeah my mate wants some different alloys for his GTS, not content with the 17's on there now. I'm doing his headgasket this weekend so that will be fun! LOL.

Great about the CD changer, putting in a amp and sub tomorrow -that will keep me content for a while.

How did you get on with the clip, looked around but couldn't find it anywhere.

Cheers,

Jason.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2002, 11:18:37 PM »
Still have no clip and its only an anti rattle spring so its not going to effect braking, will have to order a new kit when i get be arsed! lol

New sub and amp hey, what you got? Getting a kenwood touch screen tv+tuner to go above the head unit, got a good price, so thought that would like nice when its all set up!

New head gasket on a GTS? That must be a bit of pig, rather you m8!:D

jrpidgeon

Tyres size?
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2002, 11:37:29 PM »
Its an excalibater (spelling?) amp 400watt, feeding a 12 inch sub and box. 170 all in, so only a cheep setup, will do for now anyway.

Kenwood touch screen that sounds good!. Woundn't mind a Sat Nav system in mine now. I'm useless navagating my way round, 20 miles down the road and I'm lost:D .

Having a new tracker fitted next month, so I'll check out what they have in there shop.

Jason.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2002, 11:41:19 PM »
You got a tracker at the mo then  mate? I have but wouldn't mind going to the retrieve and monitor as mine is all the 1st option at the mo. Wonder if it can be upgraded or if u need a whole new unit?

Yeah heard of the amp mate, should do you fine and if it works why knock it!

jrpidgeon

Tyres size?
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2002, 12:01:31 AM »
The company I'm with now are messing me around with an insurance document. Its all got really complicated as the firm who installed it have gone bust, and it has dragged on now for over a month. As the insurance company (Direct Line), are on my back, and I'm in fear of it being nicked; incase they don't pay out!. I decided to just get a up-to date replacment. Hopefully this time hassle free :o If your planning on getting one, wait until next month theres a new one coming out - which is excellent. Apparently costs 100 less then the most sophisticated ones available at the moment.

Jason.

Rich J

Tyres size?
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2002, 12:04:21 AM »
May look out for the new one then , is it made by tracker?