Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Skylines are taxis!  (Read 1266 times)

2fardown

Skylines are taxis!
« on: July 02, 2002, 12:29:48 PM »
Thats what these people at this Holden forum think!

http://www.vlforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=360&sid=307decffbdf57c46e911d199e17df261

Have a read and feel free to leave your comments.  Its a laugh!

:D

skyzerr33

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 12:55:38 PM »
hehe

maybe if u have a 4 door lol

2fardown

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 02:39:23 PM »
Yeah true haha :D

GoldZilla

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 02:07:54 AM »
Hahaha just had a look, how typical!!!  Of course they are all biased, but then if we (myself included here) weren't biased, we wouldn't be on this forum, would we?

Personally, I love the 4dr Skylines, especially the R-32'a and R-34's.  I have had a preference for them since I read in Wheels magazine (probably in the early 90's) that Autech were going to release a four-door version of the R-32 with a non-turbo RB26DE, if I remember correctly... :cool:   YUMMM!!!!

And not forgetting that Nissan and Autech have done GT-R versions of the 4dr R-32 (apparently, according to this very site, there were only 5), R-33 (about 400 but with different versions from Nissan and Autech).  I haven't heard anything about them doing an R-34, but I would have like to have seen that - bit late now though!

Anyway, if I ever get round to saving for my own Skyline, then I need not tell you all (again) where my allegiances lie.

Anguss

• Global Moderator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 03:13:55 AM »
Speaking of Skyline taxi's there are about 3 or 4 of them in the Welly area!
There pretty wicked actually, I love the coupes but all Skylines are the bomb...
Regards,
Angus.

Silver-Arrowz

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 04:45:21 AM »
hehehe....

The guy's going on about imports depreciation in their price. If the guy had a head (obviously not!!!) he would realise that Commodores and Falcons drop faster than anything else I can think off.

And the only performance factor in a car is the quater mile??? :headbutt:  He should just pack it in and quit life all together...

I'm sure the 4 door R33 can out perform any Commo, down the staraight or the twisty bits.

Morgs

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 12:30:27 PM »
If performance as defined by Sir Calais are straight lines then good luck to him, i hope he enjoys his 12 seconds of motoring. He makes SOME decent points, but on the majority i don't think he can relate to what he is really missing.

You buy a VLt you do get what you pay for.

Boxcar Racer

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 01:25:56 PM »
its quite simple, most of the vl owners are just bogans from mt druitt... hahaha.. i mean seriously, they wouldnt know style even if there it was spelt out to them...

CHUBBA

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2002, 09:17:09 AM »
Boxcar Racer, i seem to disagree that people from mount druitt that own VLT's are bogans as i live in that area and used to own a mean VLT that would leave many skylines for dead (especially yours).

BTW. If you done some research you would find that alot of people who own/owned VL's are moving onto skylines.:dfinger:

paulr33

Skylines are taxis??
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2002, 11:50:12 AM »
Coming from someone who drives a COMMONdore!!!!!:rolleyes:

2fardown

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2002, 01:40:29 PM »
Originally posted by CHUBBA
Boxcar Racer, i seem to disagree that people from mount druitt that own VLT's are bogans as i live in that area and used to own a mean VLT that would leave many skylines for dead (especially yours).

BTW. If you done some research you would find that alot of people who own/owned VL's are moving onto skylines.:dfinger:

So are you a bogan? And other people that own VLT's at Mt Druitt bogans?

Boxcar Racer

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2002, 03:31:34 PM »
im not doubting that they are a faster car then myn, they have no style... i mean they might have, way back when,,ooops what did i just say *slaps mysefl* no they dont have style at all

Jay95R33

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2002, 05:33:29 PM »
It's funny cause I remember when VL's WERE used as taxi's around here !!!!!!

They say that Skylines are really common these days, well let's count up how many VL's are in NSW, then count how many Skylines are in NSW.  Which one would be more ????

When it comes down to it you can't compare the two cause they are from different decades, but if you really MUST compare them you just need to sit in a VL then go sit in a R33.

I don't mind the VL's, they were good in their time - damn it, I almost bought one :)  but that was about 10 years ago.....

CHUBBA

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2002, 09:08:24 AM »
I think the only people that are bogans are the one's who have so many con's and no pro's to say about VLT's without ever owning one.  Fair enough they can't compare in style these days with the skylines but they are over 6 years older.  I think many people didn't buy VLT's for style, they got one more for performance and the beast of an engine RB30DET.

2fardown

Skylines are taxis!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2002, 10:27:18 AM »
Originally posted by CHUBBA
I think the only people that are bogans are the one's who have so many con's and no pro's to say about VLT's without ever owning one.  Fair enough they can't compare in style these days with the skylines but they are over 6 years older.  I think many people didn't buy VLT's for style, they got one more for performance and the beast of an engine RB30DET.

I for one did own a VL...now i have moved on to bigger and better things........you obviously dont know to much about them because the RB30ET does not have a double overhead cam hahahaha (RB30DET) :D