Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Private Track Day - Pukekohe 19th, Aug, 2001  (Read 2765 times)

Zapf

Private Track Day - Pukekohe 19th, Aug, 2001
« on: June 08, 2001, 12:41:02 PM »
Private Track Day 1pm - 5pm. Limited to 20 to 22 cars. $50

Register your interest with me

zapf001@hotmail.com

Usual safety requirements. WOF, licence, Helmet, cotton clothing.

There will be mandatory drivers meeting and safety checks, and we'll be taking drivers around the track to show them the line first.

Also a chicane will be setup before then end of the back stright for the first few laps.

Cheers
Zapf

:D

kennydead

i want
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2001, 12:22:34 AM »
can i go please??~~~??~??~~???~~??~~:licklips:

heheheheheheh

:dfinger:

:splat:

Darren

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2001, 12:37:28 AM »
Pencil me in I only have one issue to sort out, the handbrake[the wife] seams to think there is no way I'm driving the GTR around a track un insured

Zapf

Track day
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2001, 02:47:21 PM »
Kenny,
  Sure, anyone with a good outlook can join in. We just want to avoide insane people, since they don't go too well with a race track. I'll book a place for you and let you know when to pay the $50.

Darren,
  I know the feeling, but I don't see anyway around that. I have heard there are company's that insure cars for the race track. But its not cheap, you are looking at at lease a few hundred dollars if not more for 1/2 day.

Zapf

Darren

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2001, 03:03:19 PM »
Zapf,

That could be money well spent do you happen to have any info!!

Zapf

Insurance
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2001, 04:50:07 PM »
Look in the back of the Speedsports Mag, and call up the people who hire out race cars. They might have some info on their finger tip.

Let us know.

GSR32

Yippie
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 08:11:44 PM »
Hey Zapf, is this a meet you have arranged? My friend in his MIVEC can have a go aye?

kennydead

YAY
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2001, 02:01:18 PM »
YAY!!!! uhm....i better get some new brake pads!! and get my car tune before that!!! hopefully by then i have got the five studs conversion and LSD done:eek: :homer: :idea: :karate: :D :finger

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Horse and Trap
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2001, 04:02:52 PM »
Zapf,

You going tonight to the Horse and Trap?  If so I'll catch you then, Im interested in having a go.
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

Zapf

GSR32
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2001, 05:53:10 PM »
Yea Greg, your friend will be welcomed. Can you please just confirm it for me and I'll provied a account number for him to put $50 in.     Its another guy I know running it, I am just being middle man.

;)

flamenboy

• RB20E
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2001, 09:35:01 PM »
:eek: will be there  .How many places are left  ? :D
smiles

Zapf

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2001, 06:53:33 PM »
Hello - UPDATE

Bad news.....  due to a communication / mis-understanding between the guy organising it (which I won't name) and the Raceway, our pre-booked day has been given to someone else!  Hence I wish to applogise on his behalf to all those showing interest and wishing to attend.

BUT!   before you finnish reading...

I am trying to organise with the Raceway to get let us in for $50 on one of the test days, which is normally $80 per car.  I have about 8 confirmed cars wishing to attend, but I'll need some numbers to push them on this $50 deal.  (To be confirmed)    The testing day will be on a Sat, and we will be sharing the track with possibly a few race cars.   However they can seprate us away from the race cars either because we are too fast or too slow.  Don't worry about not spending enough time on the track, since most street cars won't last more that 5~7laps without their tires going off and 10~15 laps maxium.

So please give me a show of hands of those still interested and I'll get it organised.

Thanks
Zapf

For those interested in the possible field I have included the potential field (yet to be confirmed)

HSV GTS 300kw
Nissan GTR R32
Nissan GTR R32
Nissan GTR R33
Honda S2000
Nissan GTS25
Mist Lancer Mivac
Nissan GTS4
Nissan GTS25T 300kw
Mist Lancer Mivec
Mist GSR Lancer
Honda EK4
Nissan 180SX
Nissan Primera
Honda CRX
S13
Silvia
Silvia
RX7
Supra
Integra Type-R
Integra Type-R
Civic Type-R
S13
and a few other supercars are possible.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2001, 06:59:15 PM by Zapf »

BABY R

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2001, 07:22:55 PM »
it will be much better if we could keep it private.....

Zapf

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2001, 09:37:59 PM »
BabyR, read your email !...  I have explained it to you there.

Sure I agree too, but that means we won't get a trackday till at lease Oct. Because the raceway is booked all the way out till then.      People I need a show of hands on those keen on a testing day as per above and of those who are keen on a private day in Oct.

Private day in Oct means 1 thing though. Is that I need to collect money off you ASAP. Since I need to deposit money to confirm the booking, and I am not about to use my own money to make up for the shortfall if I don't get enough people.    There are other people not on this forum that I'll be contacting as well, so what ever happens the chance of this happening is quite high.   FYI  its $1000+GST to hire out the track for 1/2 day.  So at $50 a pop I need at lease 23 cars to make it possible.

Show me your hands boys and gals...! :)         Then show me the Money!  :D

BABY R

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2001, 07:29:20 AM »
Leaving it till October isn't all that bad. You have plenty of time to collect the money off those who are interested. If you put it on 4th/August which is two weeks away, its kinda rushing stuff through isn't it? Currently you got only 8 confirmed cars going, if that is the case, will it affect the price? I mean, will it still be $50/car?

4/8 is ok withme :) it is that i really wanted to attend the TP 4WD dyno day that day. Anyway, let me know the outcomes.