Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Private Track Day - Pukekohe 19th, Aug, 2001  (Read 2750 times)

Zapf

Private Track Day - Pukekohe 19th, Aug, 2001
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2001, 09:09:36 AM »
Cranky !!!....  can't you just be a bit more postive here?  :confused:   I am trying to take over someone's stuff up and organise something for all to enjoy in.   I would appericate if you can help it along.   I am doing this all for nothing, and hope you understand what its like trying to organise / contact over 30ppl and talk to the raceway.    You have more than expressed your comments so I apperciate if you can be more postive about this.

Thanks
Zapf

BABY R

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
:jack:  I am all positive, don't get me wrong! :jack:

KID S2K

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2001, 01:31:26 PM »
Zapf,

I appreciate how hard it is to organise such an event... Its like you said. say yes and show the $$$. I know its a long way to go and people are concerned with so many factors (exams, car condition, work, etc) but people should note that It's too risky from an organiser's point of view to bear the risk to front up the $$$ first and then have no one show up to pay on the day.

Why need the $$$ so early? Because a reservation is only secured when they see the money upfront. Yeah, whenever the date is set. you will have my support and i still have people interested with "whenever" it will be held...

October eh? hrmm...summer...
:)

GSR32

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2001, 08:59:23 AM »
Zapf - did this ever happen?

I completely forgot about it :(

If not, anything planned later?

SPECTRE

Re Events
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2001, 09:11:10 AM »
If we are planning to go ahead maybe it should be an SDU event, If ypu can let Debbie Know whats going on, so we can organise a controlled meet.

Cheers

GSR32

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2001, 09:16:53 AM »
We have suggested this before, but not many people in the club are keen to throw their cars around Puke raceway. There is only a couple of us who will, so we can't make a club event out of this with only 2 or 3 people interested.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2001, 09:55:06 AM by GSR32 »

moondog

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2001, 02:19:58 PM »
I'd love to! But first I want to find out how screamingly unhappy it'd make my insurance co.

GSR32

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2001, 02:52:57 PM »
You don't tell them, if you do your an idiot, insurance company's don't want to hear that, even if nothing goes wrong when at the track, you will be lucky to get any cover or pay out in the future from them, because they know you have been to the race track.

Most insurance company's will not insure you if anything should happen on the racetrack. You can get racetrack insurance, but it cost heaps. So basically, most people don't have insurance when on the racetrack. When a accident occurs on the racetrack it's basically your own fault anyway.

My advice to everyone, if your that paranoid about your car, DONT GO.  At the end of the day, it's as dangerous or safe as you make it.

moondog

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2001, 03:11:23 PM »
...or as someone else makes it, unless we're each out all by our lonesome on the track.

SlowGTS-t

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2001, 03:13:34 PM »
I have been out at Taupo. I dont think I've had more fun in my car (whilte driving it anyways :p ) ever.

Its a risk you have to take. Yeah, its amazing how fast you fly off the track when you lose it but as long as you drive safely and sensibly, eg not drifting, you should be fine.

Although it sounds crazy to go out on the track, its no more dangerous than many of the cars I've been in on the road.

Zapf

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2001, 02:35:25 PM »
If insurance claim is required, and there is only 1 car in the accident. Do you need any type of police report?  Or just say you crashed it at XXX. ?

kai

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
Insurance
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2001, 04:45:31 PM »
Yeah thats right if anything goes wrong just lie.....even tho there will prob be 40-50 witnesses and 3 guys taking photos and at least 1 guy who managed to capture it on video.....what the hell at worst insurance fraud can only land you in jail for 5 years....its sort of like stealing....actually its exacyly like it :)
If it smells like mud...tastes like mud... it might just be mud!

SlowGTS-t

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2001, 05:59:08 PM »
See, what you do, is remove your number plate before you go out. If you have an accident on the track, Go for another drive, and drive your car straight into a telephone pole somewhere on the main roads

There. Not insurance fraud. hehehe maybe dangerous (stupid) driving hehehehe but thats it:laugh: