Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: What time does SDU meet on sat in auks  (Read 755 times)

turboy

What time does SDU meet on sat in auks
« on: August 12, 2002, 08:45:57 PM »
I live in Huntly and have done the mission up to auks a few times to try meet up at that bathroom place but there is neva n e 1 there.Do u go round in convoys or n e think.cause iv ben goin out the dragtrain at Tearangi DR and i aint seen any SDU cars out there.:dfinger: :homer: :cool: ;) :eek: :king:

GSR32

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 10:08:06 PM »
We might be too early for you, the drag trains are late, usually they head off at about 12 (midnight) and go to the early hours of Sunday.

We meet at Mico from about 9pm and stick around to about 1/2 11.

You won't see any SDU members amoungst the drag train either, most of the members have the common sense to not get involved with that carry on.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 10:10:16 PM by GSR32 »

Rocky

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 05:19:02 PM »
well said greg, and we meet at 9pm. most saturdays is a good turn out

A Corpse

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 09:56:49 PM »
Apart from this Saturday which was a total bust....
Mico had a huge marquee set up and the carpark cordoned off for a sale they had going. Only after the fact did we decide that a backup site and possibly some sort of comms network would be handy. :-)

Wraith and I cruised out to the old meeting site in St Heliers but there was nobody there and anyway the rain makes that site less than perfect in winter.

If anyone has a good idea for a backup site (or even a better primary site) then please suggest it. What we're looking for mainly is a place with parking, shelter from rain and wind, light and preferably not too busy.

I'm usually there half the time, so in case anyone needs to contact me you can do so on 021 399 538. If anyone else would care to post their contact details then we could set up a network of people who can be contacted should we need to change plans unexpectedly.

GaLRaCa

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 11:52:27 AM »
Unfortunately we can just have a "Network of numbers" for people to call if the venue gets changed.  There are a huge number of members that actually dont check these forums regulary and so would get very disgruntled if turning up to a Saturday night meet and there was nobody there.  It was a huge mission letting everyone know about the change from the Museum to where we are now as a lot of people arent even on email.

We will be keeping Mico Bathrooms as our main venue for Saturday night meets, however, once the fine nights start coming up, we will be heading back over to St Heliers as there is a lot of room and a massive field to play hacky sack or whatever on!

If you turn up to Mico Bathrooms after 9pm and there is nobody there, you can call me on 025 662 1994 and i will be happy to let you know where to go or why people arent there.

I think its best to leave things as they are, Mico Bathrooms have been a fantastic venue for us all winter, it was just bad luck last saturday night that they had something on.

Thanks A Corpse for your concern on this, but believe me, we have been there, done that on venue's in Auckland  ;)

If anyone has any idea's about venue's or any other concerns about events, please feel free to drop me an email!  ;)

Debs
Events Co-Ordinator
SDU Auckland
debbiej@hertzlease.co.nz
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 01:20:54 PM by GaLRaCa »