Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Torque 4WD Dyno Day  (Read 3122 times)

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2001, 09:27:17 AM »
Lee you have a very valid point.... the last day we organised we really packed the place out .  It was also the only day I have been, I think that is because it was an SDU day.  Now having said that there were probably others in the same situation as me.  If we are going to make this day hugely popular then maybe we should be able to organise a cheaper SDU run.  If not then maybe the popularity would dribble off.  I had been keen on dyno'ing my car at several stages to see what some small mods were doing for performance (not expecting anything huge mind) but at $50 each singular run, it can be a little steep :-)

You can sort of understand a high cost if the dyno was being setup for one run any day of the week, but on a day where everyone rolls on, rolls off, chi-ching! it seems like a real money printing setup hehe.
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

BABY R

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2001, 10:50:30 AM »
Yes man, good points Mrmeal and Lee. Me too reckons that the dyno day is way too expensive, approximately 2 minutes of hard core and the hard earned $50 bucks is gone.... with only a ****ty sheet of print out.

Perhaps just like Lee said, Robyn should have something in return for us, I definitely thinks he earned a huge amount of $$ just from our SDU club.

Perhaps a free dyno day for SDU??

Kenny>> The kit is still sitting nicely in my garage, I just want to get a Carbon Fibre wing blade thats all, not the entire wing.

Lee

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2001, 01:11:43 PM »
I can't see a free dyno day.

The guys in Wellington had a dyno day at $25.00 each.
This was using a dynapac unit which involves taking off the wheels & fitting adaptors to the hubs.
As showen on High Octane 2000 with the Vailside GTR.
A lot more work per run.
Lee
8 till 5 Monday to Friday!!!
Time to finish my car!!
Lee\'s Mail

Got the kit now its time to fit.

EVIL-BUNNY

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2001, 04:50:17 PM »
i had my car booked in for the ecu to be set up and he never even dynoed it.

to busy working on his new dyno and looking at the big picture.

as long as hes paying the dyno off cant see any cheap dyno runs.

he has stuffed our main sponsor round for ages now i think we should do dyno deals else where.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GraemeWi

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.overflow.250x.com
Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2001, 07:16:31 PM »
Robin doesn't know me from a bar of soap, he's seen me at a couple of dyno days over the past year. A couple of weeks ago he helped me out with my car with bugger all notice and a cost of zip. He has my gratitude for that.

There are plenty of places with dynos - I've had runs on 4 different dynos. Until someone else starts opening up on a weekend and doing the same there won't be any competition. Thats what will lower the price, after all there is usually a healthy line of punters waiting their turn on Saturday mornings once a month at TP.

flamenboy

• RB20E
    • View Profile
    • http://
Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2001, 11:24:19 PM »
Robin is a nice guy  has anyone talked to him rather than whining about the price sure it is alittle expensive but it  still hasnt stopped large numbers attending.He has always bent over backwards to help me and alot of my freinds.So if you would like me to talk to him I will.;)
smiles

power hungry

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2001, 12:38:55 PM »
Yep, i agree too. I wont blame Robin too much, coz he has dynoed my car for free once!

R U NUTZ

CONGRATULATIONS !!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2001, 04:13:47 PM »
I just wanna congratulate EVIL BUNNY on his success today on dyno. his makin 156.8 (?? correct me pls bun) rwkw.. i think it was da second highest power rating of gtst of da day.. his power jumped from 120ish rwkw to 150+rwkw after been tuned by Damian @ A1 Turbo (same guy who did da tuning on my car)... and also me n bunny had fun sittin in my boot today when my car's on dyno :D
post your dyno sheet bunny.. !!
there was a batmo makin a 171 rwkw.. n andy/andrew's GTR makin 196.9rwkw..
also to vince, i think he's makin 130 sumthin rwkw...
well done guys..

PS:
there were less ppl on TP today than last time. i would assume ppl just getting sick waiting n waiting for 4wd dyno.. :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2001, 04:16:11 PM by R U NUTZ »

EVIL-BUNNY

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2001, 04:34:19 PM »
it was 152.2kw :D

not bad for ah auto gts-t hee hee hee

thought i was going to go deaf sitting on your boot :eek:

well done on your 222kw 2ltr standard internal beast :D

wahoooooo

:devil:

R U NUTZ

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2001, 04:37:12 PM »
cheerssss...

:D :D :D

power hungry

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2001, 11:09:45 PM »
hey Evil Bunny,
wot mods have u done to ur car?
and at wot boost did u get 152kw?
well done, anyway.

Rudy wot r u aiming anyway? 300 rwkw?:) well done mate!

R U NUTZ

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2001, 11:18:34 PM »
i think i better stop here before i blow-up my engine :D
n also my ignition system is already reched it's max level.. needs to upgrade to better one..
i posted this matter in performance section..
but i had fun with bunny today.. as i mentioned before, i just felt funny dat me n bunny had to sit inside da boot while da car goin hard out on da dyno.. i was coverin my ears all da time.. man, i think if some one got a pic of dat moment, it'll b funny azz to see..

RH9

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2001, 10:13:29 AM »
Hey All,

A special congrats to Liam and Rudy on improving your dyno records!!  Man how the hell does that RB20 make 222. KW.....it must be possessed by some Japanese demon lol.

Hopefully when some new hardware arrives at the end of the month for my car I can blast past 200 KW too!!

Strange how my peak power has gone from 194 KW @ 6050 rpm to 196 KW @ 7450 rpm, that has me baffled!

Thanks to Robin........he is a gentleman and a great guy to boot.
Wouldn't get runs at Turbo Vehicles for 50 bucks would you?

Regards,

Andy

R U NUTZ

Torque 4WD Dyno Day
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2001, 01:50:23 PM »
andy..
i'll let u know my secret...
if u mix da gas with japanese "SAKE" 50:50, u'll break 200+kw easy man
:laugh:

EVIL-BUNNY

Torque 4WD Dyno Day