Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options  (Read 489 times)

ph1

RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options
« on: June 10, 2001, 01:34:58 AM »
whatsisname  
(4/1/01 2:38:45 pm)
Reply  RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi all,
More RB25DET fuel supply questions

What's the cheapest/easiest & reliable upgrade to the stock RB25DET fuel pump???

Obviously a GTR pump, but how much are they S/H in OZ, approx?

I'm looking for something to support 350-380hp without a problem.

Zapf  
(4/1/01 10:53:17 pm)
  Re: RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 GTR Pump or a 300ZX Pump? Apprently the GTR pump is a 3 or 4 stage pump and a 300ZX one is maybe a 2 Stage. Might be better. Or Rob@War can fit a bosch pump which flows around 700hp. Checkwith him to confirm... let us know..

Cheers
Zapf

sxygtr  
(4/2/01 10:28:12 am)
 My friend has a Bosch Motorsport pump for sale - is good for up to 600hp. He is in Melbourne
Too much horsepower is never enough!!!

whatsisname  
(4/2/01 12:33:37 pm)
Reply  Fuel pump options
 Thanks guys

Brendon M  
SDU Admininstrator
(4/2/01 12:53:46 pm)
  Re: Fuel pump options
 yo whatisname - did you make a choice yet, have you fited one yet? It would be good to know how it performs if you have made a decision or fitted one already. I have larger injectors in my GTS4 (only 380cc, but still all good) and know that after a few more mods a larger capacity fuel pump will be required. Let us know how you get on dude?!?  

whatsisname  
(4/4/01 1:50:26 pm)
Reply  Re: Fuel pump options
 G'day Brendon,
I did a fair bit of research on the stock fuel system, to see what I could and couldn't get away with. I rang different workshops, surfed the net, used the various formulas to calculate the potential of the stock injectors with higher fuel pressure, and read all the articles on fuel systems in my magazine collection.

In the end I've decided to go with an adjustable reg but I though it would be a good idea to upgrade the fuel pump, to keep up with the higher demand placed on it. A new Bosch Motorsports pump is going in Friday along with a pre-filter to protect the pump from any nasties in the tank, then the adjustable reg will be fitted and if it all goes according to plan by Monday arvo I should have the new turbo/dump pipe and fuel set up tuned on the dyno

I'll let you know how it all goes mate.

sxygtr,
Thank for the info, re the pump and injectors but I ended up get a pretty good deal on the whole upgrade so I took it, thanks anyway mate.

The whole thing almost never happened!!!, see my post in the General Forum.

Zapf  
(4/4/01 4:00:38 pm)
 Good luck...

Tell us about your calculations... like how much more fuel you'll be following by raising pressure by X.

Sounds interesting.
Cheers
Zapf

EVL BUNNY
(4/4/01 6:04:53 pm)
 had a bosch pump put in the other week and a fuel regulator
im going to open my own gas station soon lol
no but honestly its alot louder then the standard pump
and ive just opened a new can of kick arse =)

I LIKE MAKING THE TOAST...

fryline
(4/4/01 6:40:02 pm)
Reply  Re: Fuel pump options
 so how is it preforming cotton tail??
fry

EVL BUNNY
(4/4/01 7:54:30 pm)
 she is prefroming better then a lass at a peep show =)
the gain is alttle hard to judge but im pretty sure it will never lean out =)
its a mean little pump thats for sure.
hows this for hard out !
picked up the car and was driving up the road and it was running way to rich.
so back i went and asked if he had set the regulator up.
anyhows hooked up the gauge turned on the car and oh my god!
fuel pressure went up to like 115psi.
re tunned the regulator played with the boost and now it
goes well........ummmm like the ford ad =)
hee hee hee
injectors are not comming to the picnic but... oh well
next on the list.
thanks once again for the regulator =) mr frys

I LIKE MAKING THE TOAST...

whatsisname  
(4/5/01 11:16:21 am)
Reply  Injector Calc's
 Zapf,
I'm a bit rushed at the moment but here's a link to the CAPA site on injector selection.

http://www.capa.com.au/injectors.htm

lizking666
(4/20/01 8:59:19 pm)
Reply  Re: RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options
 Hi Evil Bunny,

Could you give me the exact model number of your Bosch fuel pump please? Also what regulator did you use and roughly how much were the two? Did you install them yourself? Do you need to fine tune the reg on a dyno?

James

fryline
(4/21/01 9:20:47 am)
Reply  Re: RB25DET fuel pump upgrade options
 bunny? devulge!

JasonO  
(4/26/01 6:56:53 am)
 Hey Bunny Boy,

Give us da numbers man !!

I can then visit my local Bosch stockist and get the pump without telling them it's for a Skyline and save a fortune. LOL