Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: what should spark plugs look like?  (Read 406 times)

ph1

what should spark plugs look like?
« on: June 10, 2001, 01:39:14 AM »
Mesmer
(4/26/01 5:36:47 pm)
Reply  what should spark plugs look like?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I got around to looking at my spark plugs today and well they are denso Q20P-U plugs and they are black.
Are these plugs the same rating as what should be in there? all i could get off the jap site is that they are the ment to be the same fit as NGK BCP6E plugs?
and could i try to clean my plugs or just buy new ones?

thanx john

tazdev
(4/26/01 6:15:00 pm)
Reply  Re: what should spark plugs look like?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I would probably buy new plugs as the Denso ones are probably the plugs it came out of the factory with.
Simon aka. Tazdev "TAZ like eggs."

blue t
(4/26/01 7:14:03 pm)
 White at the top and funny burny things at the end!

any doubt and you should probably change them!

Hee Hee

Mesmer
(4/27/01 1:07:37 am)
 I have a really bad problem with my car and it feels like its misfiring badly but only under 2000 rpm and stutters when i drive along some times. It seems to go away higher than that but i havn't gone over 4500 because i dont want to brake anything.
Could the fouled plugs be causing this?
The only other thing i can think of is a lead because i have checked almost everything else.

john

crooser
(4/27/01 2:37:41 am)
  Re: what should spark plugs look like?
 what gapping is on your current plugs?
hows your tailpipe for black stuff?  

Blaup
Melbourne Ozzy Admin
(4/27/01 3:31:54 am)
 Denso is toyota type brand, NKG or is that NGK's are what nissan usually use.

On that note i hear the denso iridium plugs are really good.

E

Mesmer
(4/27/01 11:24:24 am)
 Dont know the gapping because had nothing to mesure it at the time.
and if you mean black crap around the inside exuast there is a tone of it but no smoke.

John

crooser
(4/27/01 2:07:24 pm)
  Re: what should spark plugs look like?
 could be that your getting way too much fuel (at lower revs)
and thats fouling your plugs...
what fuel mods do you have? aftermarket ecu?
take it to a shop with an air-fuel meter, they could tell you straight away.
does cleaning the plugs temporarily fix your prob?

cheers
crooser

tazdev
(4/27/01 2:55:34 pm)
 I sit corrected, thanks for that info Blaup
Simon aka. Tazdev "TAZ like eggs."

Mesmer
(4/27/01 4:00:28 pm)
 Yep i have a aftermarket ECU (autronic SMC) and coil packs and yes it runs very rich when idling or at low revs. Ok i think i narrowed it down to a lead (spark plugs still need changing and i will do that at the same time) because it worked fine when i took it out with out the cover on the top of the spark plugs and its went fine but then when i put the cover back down it started the problem really bad again (bending the leads to go to the plugs from the coils).
I also noticed a clicking sound when idling that is comming from the around the first cylinder that sounds like a eletrical arc or solinoid (spelling? :P ).
Any idea's?

Thanx
John