Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Diffs / LSD  (Read 508 times)

ph1

Diffs / LSD
« on: June 10, 2001, 02:15:45 AM »
Damage case
(5/13/01 5:54:24 pm)
Reply  Diffs / LSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of Diff my skyline would have.
I have a R32 GTS25 Coupe, RB25DE with the 5 Speed Auto box.
I wanted to know if it was just a standard Diff or an LSD. Does anyone know the stats or a difference (cosmetically) so i could perhaps get under and have a look to check.
I know the obvious check is just to do a burnout but I dont have anywhere that i could do that(legally).
Sometimes it does briefly break traction in the wet but i'm not sure if its both wheels spinning or just 1.

Cheers

AdamQ  
(5/13/01 7:09:40 pm)
Reply  Re: Diffs / LSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Smoke it up

boost boost

Bitchn
(5/13/01 7:28:45 pm)
  Re: Diffs / LSD
 Jack the rear of the car off the ground, both wheels, use two very large pumpkins for axel stands. Put your right thumb in your left ear, shout out very loudly, and turn a wheel on one side (at the rear of course) and if the other wheel turns in the same direction, then its an LSD (not the drug), or its locked or stuffed, haha, most likely an LSD though.
dam I'm in a smart ass mood today. hehe
Darryl Curran bitchn.7@xtra.co.nz

R U NUTS  
(5/13/01 11:45:14 pm)
 so does any of r32 rb25de come with LSD from factory at all ? or only some of them ?

Baje  
(5/14/01 12:19:51 am)
 Sounds like a standard diff, just like my brother-in-laws. R32 RB25DE 5 speed auto.

paulgoz
(5/14/01 9:13:42 am)
 The new 200sx s15 comes with a helical diff! What is this is this like a torsen diff? As opposed to a viscous or clutch LSD? I have read the s15 diff is similar to the active diffs in the GTR. Is it possible to interchange this diff with the skyline in particular the R33 GTS25t as a complete unit or atleast the centre. Any diff gurus out there?