Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Hmmm, a bit more thought on my part  (Read 1110 times)

Adrian

Hmmm, a bit more thought on my part
« on: August 14, 2001, 08:00:34 PM »
Hi guys,

I turned up for the SDU meeting at the Horse and Trap tonight (Aug 14) thinking I would say g'day and introduce myself and join up with SDU - had my membership form and cheque and everything.:jack:

Wander in at 7:20 head up to the bar, grab a Monteith's Black (great brew) turn around and think to myself; "I don't know these guys, what do they look like, how do I recognize them".:confused:

Hmmm, so I ask the barmaid.

"SD-who" she says "Never heard of them".

Oh well, there are not many people here, I'll just ask around.

"nope", "sorry no", and so on, are the answers I get.

Well they must be here somewhere, there are a couple of nice R32's in the car park. I'll just drink my beer by the door and wait for a bunch of tasteful looking fellas to work in the doors.

So in the end I sit around till 7:45 thinking what an arse I made of myself and why don't I just make an announcement to the bar (which I didn't - too embarrassed). Bugger!:dozey:

So... to the SDU: Do you guys exist? Where in the bar do you meet (upstairs, downstairs, behind the secret wall)? And how do I recognize you next time???

Cheers, your almost newest member,

Adrian :splat:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2001, 10:20:15 PM by Adrian »

bizkit

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2001, 09:16:58 PM »
i think you might hav ebeen upstairs as we were all downstairs

danijel

RazorGTR

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2001, 03:57:11 AM »
Humm we were there mate. If you were standing at the bar facing it we were the group sitting to your far right taking up 4 tables combined together all laughing.

We are there or in the outside covered area depending on tempetures and how busy they are. It is rather informal so we are not all wearing SDU gear all the time. I showed up around 7:30pm ish and most everyone there was on the internet and post in the fourms with the exception of Nick Jenkins, Sponsor, Croydon Wholesalers.

Cheers

GaLRaCa

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2001, 07:16:43 AM »
Adrian, have a look under the post "Party" which is happening this Saturday night, you are more than welcome to come along and meet some fellow Skyliners if you wish, everybody is pretty friendly, nobody should cause ya any grief   :p    (dont hold me to that though  :laugh:   )

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2001, 08:21:35 AM »
Adrian.  Dude looks like it was probably a case of unluckiness.  The bar staff do know of us, the bar manager said as we left ,we'll see you guys next month.  Unfortunately the lovely young lady you must have asked, young, not too tall, longish blonde hair? Well she was brand new, her first night even.  I was talking with her early on in the night.  Sorry I didn't mention to her we were in the car club, so she probably didn't know.  Here's my mobile number anyway mate, take it down and feel free to drop me a line 021 2898665.  Hayden by name Mrmeal by forum :)

As stated above if your not busy come along on Saturday night, it's going to be really good way to meet a lot of club members in a social atmosphere.  If you do pop along, give us a call when you turn up and I'll catch up with you then.  

Hope to see ya there dude.

I believe thereare going to be some Auckland Directors there, who would, I'm fairly sure, be happy to part you with your money and membership form.
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

Adrian

force of habit
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2001, 08:55:09 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for that. I guess it was force of habit to go to the upstairs bar as the Horse and Trap used to be my local and I never really went downstairs which is obviously where you were.

mrmeal: thanks very much for the invite man but I have my friends b'day on Saturday to attend so I won't be able to make it.

I did actually poke my nose in downstairs as I was leaving and I think I saw you guys but I didn't think you would be such a large group as there were heaps of people on that table. I was guessing by the number of Skylines in the car park that there was only 4-6 of you so that was what I was looking for.

Anyway, I am off to Melbourne (all expenses paid business trip!)  at the start of next month for a week and I was going to offer at the meeting to pick up some copies of the local Aussie magazines while I was there if anybody was desperately after one?

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2001, 03:41:42 PM »
NO worries dude, although for the record it is  GTS4cHiK's and Arithon's party, not mine :)

As for the number of skylines in the carpark.  A few of the people there last night had alternative forms of transport for during the week driving, some car pooled with others and some cars are off the road right now having some tasty stuff done to them.  Actually I thought the numbers last night were a little down for normal, but that may have been due to the weather we were experiencing.

If not before, we'll catch you at the nest one then, second tuesday of every month.
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer