Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: VL Calais RB26DETT  (Read 9380 times)

R32 GT

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2003, 01:12:53 PM »
Originally posted by stacey vette
ok heres something to think about.

Mark Skaiffe admitted in his autobiography that his biggest motor racing mistake was to drive the GTR at bathurst.

i like skylines.

Why was driving something awsome like the GTR a mistake to him? He should feel honoured he got the chance considering now hes stuck in a holden lol

and you best like skylines as you hang round here alot;)

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2003, 01:27:53 PM »
Originally posted by R32 GT
Why was driving something awsome like the GTR a mistake to him? He should feel honoured he got the chance considering now hes stuck in a holden lol

and you best like skylines as you hang round here alot;)

I think the regret may have something to do with the way the Oz public reacted to the GTR so much..... they don't like being beaten, especially if it's by something smaller (ie: less capacity) :D

Didn't either Skaife or Richards drive something as meanial as the Bluebird at the mount?

stacey vette

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2003, 02:59:29 PM »
the mods are as follows
Model: 1987 VL Calais Sedan Series 1
Exterior Mods: Custom 2 Pac Purple Paint
Engine Source: R33 Nissan Skyline GTR Twin Turbo
Engine Type: RB26DETT 2568cc, in-line 6, DOHC, 24V, EFI, Twin Garrett Turbochargers, Intercooled, 8.5:1 Compression, 9psi boost (stock)
Engine Mods: 2 K&N Pod Filters, 3" dump pipes out of turbos into single 4" system with high flow cat and muffler, to 4" stainless tip, 14psi boost, Autronics ECU, Bosch Fuel Pump (flows 650hp), Oil/Air Seperator.
Gearbox Source: z32 300zx Twin Turbo
gearbox: 300zx box, with rb25det bellhousing to bolt onto the rb26 engine. 5 Speed, hydraulic Clutch. Custom 2 piece tailshaft with 300zx yoke, custom heavy duty clutch.
Differential: Borg Warner 3.45 LSD (stock VL Turbo Item)
Brakes: 4 wheel disk brakes, DBA slotted rotors front and rear, Standard calipers, Bendix Ultimate Pads all Round
Suspension: Lowered with King Springs and Bristein Shocks, All New Suspension Bushes.
Rims/Tyres: Standard Calais Rims with 215/60/15 tyres

john boy

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2003, 03:36:23 PM »
Originally posted by R32 GT
i imagine an RB26 is allready about the best mod he could do for it!

R 32 gt
well said, but the best thing he could do is throw out all the holden bit's !

Stacey,
what model Autronics is used & who tuned it ?
 I do not make personal attacks, if you are refering to my post re bill gs stupid comment regarding the 2 bucks a week race car then I stand by it, I only remarked on his comment.
As for Judas who says that he was not a really cool dude ?I must say since your last post I find it very difficult not to attack Mark skaife's character, lastly stacey I do not have trends & I do not believe in gospel.

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2003, 04:00:11 PM »
Originally posted by john boy
I do not make personal attacks, if you are refering to my post re bill gs stupid comment regarding the 2 bucks a week race car then I stand by it, I only remarked on his comment.

No, you missunderstand,  the homebuilt car is NOT a race car, it's his everyday driver. Stacey may know the car, it goes to Manfield quite a bit with CCC. It's an open wheeler, had a VW engine in it,  but was changed to an EJ20. If I remember right, it's flouro green and pink. You can choose wether or not to believe it, I don't give a stuff.

stacey vette

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2003, 05:27:43 PM »
sure it wasn't yellow??? running a EJ20T??? open top sports???

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2003, 06:35:47 PM »
No.

Do the words Road Rat help?

stacey vette

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2003, 06:43:50 PM »
yes it does. now i understand

stacey vette

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2003, 06:49:31 PM »
and here it is. small but hey

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2003, 09:10:23 PM »
That's the one.......

john boy

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2003, 01:29:11 PM »
bill g,
how on earth is "that" releavant to this thread ?????
assuming that yer man had been thrifty & spent nothing on parts how long did $2.00 worth of gas last during testing &  set up ?

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2003, 02:10:11 PM »
bill g,
how on earth is "that" releavant to this thread ?????
assuming that yer man had been thrifty & spent nothing on parts how long did $2.00 worth of gas last during testing &  set up ?

You brought it in when you said this.......

.....in the real world were there is nothing I mean NOTHING to touch a gtr for value for money & sheer performance, handling, looks.......

It's the real world, I have photographic evidence that this car exists, it's much cheaper than the GTR, it out handles the GTR, and it's quicker 0-100 than the GTR.
As for $2 of gas, I never said it ran only on $2 of gas. I said the car was built on a budget of about $2 per week. No mention of gas there.....

john boy

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2003, 02:26:14 PM »
have a good look at this photographic evidence that you have got, this car is hardly in the real world, just imagine it -on a long run, in winter 4 up.

Bill_G

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2003, 04:44:34 PM »
have a good look at this photographic evidence that you have got, this car is hardly in the real world, just imagine it -on a long run, in winter 4 up.

That's OK, I'll let him know you care and that you mentioned to wear a warm jersey if it's cold.

stacey vette

VL Calais RB26DETT
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2003, 05:30:47 PM »
sorry bill but it was $20 a week budget. :) basically it was cheaper to build than it is to smoke.

the biggest expense was the $200 for 4 alloy rims. he started it in 1993 and finished in 1999

why??? well it is really easy to go down to the local car yard and hand money over for a car, this guy had to build it from scratch. love to see u try that john boy. and please explain to me what the real world is.