Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Wgtn AUTOSALON 2003 - 20th September 2003  (Read 1411 times)

Emmo

Wgtn AUTOSALON 2003 - 20th September 2003
« on: August 13, 2003, 10:18:08 AM »
Wgtn AutoSalon 03

When:     20th & 21st September 2003
Where:    Queens Wharf Events Centre, Wellington

Thats right!! AutoSalon is coming to Wgtn for the first time and SDU is looking to put on another great club stand.  As usual we have one of the biggest club stands with a total of 6 cars on display (Queens wharf is a small venue).
There will be alot of quality cars there aswell including the 'King', Michael Rusts 'EVLR32' Skyline.
Come along and have a look and if your interested in helping with the SDU stand or have a show quality car you are interested in having on our stand let me know ASAP.

Emmo.:jack:
021 436637
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 12:34:29 AM by BROCKZILA »

BROCKZILA

Wellington AUTOSALON 2003
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:40:38 PM »
Here's some extra information for anyone outside the wellington region as quoted from an Autosalon email:-

"Also, we’d like to officially inform you that all competitors "travelling from Auckland (and North), and the South Island, will receive FREE entry to compete. This is our way of saying “thank you” to all our competitors who have made the effort, and time to come to our event from other parts of the country!"

or check out http://www.autosalon.co.nz  for other information

sx_iest

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 02:47:12 PM »
Some of us Northerners are cruising down for the Autosalon.  We'll be there Friday Night... Anyone keen to do anything?

BROCKZILA

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 06:24:17 PM »
Yeah for sure. May have space here for a few to stay if need be.

Will be great to see you guys again besides yourself whom else is coming?

If you guys haven't been though welly before how about a cruise through town, up mount vic down through the tunnel and maybe somewhere for drinks or dinner or both?

sx_iest

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 06:34:43 PM »
Well so far we have just 4.  Rocky, Spooks, Psymin and I but so far all have places to stay thnx 2 Emmo. =D
Ya drinx be good, or a cruise, I just want to get out coz its a special occassion for me =)

BROCKZILA

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 08:38:59 PM »
Sweet i'm sure Emmo has ideas too.

Rocky

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 07:05:27 PM »
see u there brocky ;)

BROCKZILA

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:52:22 PM »
Great effort on the stand guys it was a knock out and very much a team effort bring on the Nats :)

Chuckles

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 08:09:21 PM »
wot a show, so much acheived with such lil space, well done guys, ive been to nzmmc also, u car groups really are lil families that know how to work together, u all put on something really wicked for others to drool over and dream about,

sick of reading the bagging, and hearing bout it, in my opinion some people that lack anything expect something that is obviously unacheivable, - (i should say unrealistic, because wot i saw was spectacular)

this was my first show, and i cant wait to see more, willing to travel..........

thanx guys

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 08:03:40 PM »
I think it was an alright show the SDU stand was realy good. But not worth it considering the 3 hour wait and $12 entry fee and lack of skylines and rotorys. If it was a 15min (MAX) wait with a $5 entry fee I would not complain. All I can say is I hate to think about what show on the 15th of november for the lower north island nats will be like.
Im getting there slowly at the moment

Mr GTS4

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 08:35:40 PM »
Dont feel to ripped off GTS4doorN/A, We had our car on display$50 and my wife then had to pay to get in on Sat and Sun to help man the stand.
All up, I think it was a bit small, I think they need to find a new venue. But full credit to the organisers on sun night, they cleard the hall cener out quickly and easily.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 08:44:00 PM by Mr GTS4 »
Glenn

Anguss

• Global Moderator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 04:01:04 AM »
I enjoyed it, I was also helping on the stand and was also in line for 3 hours!
It was always going to be a big wait though, it's the first time being down here so it was hard for them to know what to expect (numbers etc).
All in all I had a great weekend, I thought SDU had the best stand by far but that's only because im with the club... Actually even if I weren't it was still the best!
Maybe they expect that from us now!?!?!
Nats should be better, there will be drag cars from all over the show so hopefully the organisers would have seen how kaotic Autosalon was and change things around to make it less kaotic :)
Regards,
Angus.