Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T  (Read 458 times)

ph1

Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T
« on: June 10, 2001, 02:34:30 AM »
Initiate
(5/21/01 5:49:56 pm)
Reply  Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi guys.

I'm a Skyline newbie about to buy an R33 GTS-T in Perth. Prices I've seen so far ranges from $20,990 to $24,999, and are mostly from 93 and 94. Mileage ranges from 60,000kms to 80,000kms.

Was wondering if you could help me out:
1. What kinda questions should I be asking when looking at the car?
2. What things should I be checking out for, and what should I take note of while having a test drive?

Thanks!

GraemeWi
(5/21/01 6:05:36 pm)
  Re: Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I'd maybe ask the yard to do the cam belt and replace the air / fuel / oil filters as part of the deal.

I'd also drive a couple so you get some idea of how one should feel on the road, I got my R33 without driving another, but when I was buying my R32, I must have drived at least 6 or 7 (before I rushed in and bought the worst one of the lot!)

Warps
(5/21/01 6:16:28 pm)
Reply  Re: Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T
 The air, fuel and oil filters have to be changed as part of the compliance process. If these haven't been done, the car's probably dodgy.

As for cam belt, always a good idea. You can't really trust the odometer reading.

$20 000 to $25 000 isn't too bad for an R33 at a dealer's yard (no comments from you Kiwis!! ). you can get them cheaper privately, or importing yourself, dealers offer more "protection"

Initiate
(5/21/01 6:25:06 pm)
 Thanx for the tips.

Yeah I knew the oil/fuel/air filters have to be new for compliance. Thanx for the heads up on the cam belt. Will push for new from the dealer.  

Re: protection - one dealer is offering $21,990 which includes a 3yr warranty for 93' (85,000kms). Pretty decent.

GraemeWi: Will have a few cars to look through this weekend. Sorry to hear you bought the worst one of the lot when you bought your R32. I will definitely learn from your experience.  

VSKING
(5/21/01 6:28:17 pm)
 HOW MUCH ARE PARTS HERE IN AUS? I HAVE HEARD THEY ARE VERY HIGH.

Zapf  
(5/21/01 6:28:47 pm)
  Re: Newbie about to buy R33 GTS-T
 Change the Petro filter too.

Cheers
Zapf