Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: From Sean Morris about Omega Skylines  (Read 41567 times)

celm

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Merged thread about scam enterprises
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2004, 03:36:27 AM »
1993 Pulsar GTiR, modified 400HP,US$38900,stock#CRU047:confused:

where did they pick this price for a RNN14

J.A.

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2004, 04:26:33 AM »
I know what you mean, it's not us who prices these cars, one shop we deal in Sapporo, prices his MR2 race car for US$60,000FOB, due to the fact its a race car and everything from the engine and so on are brand new parts. True some cars like a highly modified EVO's, R32's sells for less than US$20,000, from our other contacts. Like I said, not us who prices these cars, diff prices from diff dealers, exporters, pro shops, etc. That is why we mostly get cars for our buyers from auctions.  Hell was can get a stock Pulsar GTiR at the auction for US$2000 even less, depending on its grade. Thats the way it is

Cheers

tyndago

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2004, 05:47:20 PM »
Originally posted by J.A.
I'm on USS, only high priced BNR32, 4 grade,  was sold for 1.1 million yen.

Grade 5 A -

2004/04/15  20061
Tokyo 1989 SKYLINE F5
2600 29
gray
BNR32
AC AW PS PW Sold
900 5
[Inspection sheet]

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 05:49:37 PM by tyndago »

J.A.

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2004, 06:26:09 PM »
I meant last night's auction, not couple of weeks ago, But I know what you mean about that gray BNR32, starting bid alone was almost a million yen.

No bidding tonight mate. Plus its going to be the holidays in Japan anyways.

I just wonder if we bid on the same cars....hehehe
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 06:39:53 PM by J.A. »

SAPrez

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2004, 05:29:02 AM »
They might be using the cut/paste method.....Cut out drivetrain, ship engine/car seperately, put back together and register as a kit car...Do you think? I've heard of a couple outfits doing this.....
Just so you all know, I have never tried to be ANYTHING like these ghosts, OS, S53, or N7.....We at SA have regressed to our original model of doing our compliances through MX in the time being until another RI, whoever this is, successfully completes work on a Skyline. I would rather play by the rules than not play at all---especially in the interest of customers and not giving the impression that THESE crooks give.

mB

scourge

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2004, 08:26:38 PM »
The thing about a cut-n-paste hob is that the GTR beings too much attention. You can do this with an Integra, Civic, something that has an exact match here in the US. No on would ever notice or care. Plus, you could jsut say that you simply did a dash swap and get away with it.

Some may disagree, but I don't see this as a real crime. GTRs on the other hand, draw too much attention and you're bound to get caught.

SAPrez

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 03:35:51 PM »
Quite a few have done it....No one I've heard of has been caught....
For all we know, the R33 on Ebay right now (or both of them) could have been done through this method.....

mB

tyndago

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 05:52:50 AM »
It all depends on what you are trying to pass the car off as.

When these guys say the cars are "legal" and they are not - thats defrauding the buyer.

You have multiple levels of legal ramifications.

The guy that gets screwed is the guy that buys it. The 2nd guy that buys it - or further down the line..... by then the importer has probably disappeared.

SAPrez

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 12:56:01 PM »
This is true---
Which is why I don't understand how these operations exist....
I don't understand, also, why these operations would WANT to do things the illegal way, rather than on the up and up....
It is hard for me to understand the mindset which would rather work outside and around the law than within it.

mB

SAPrez

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2004, 01:48:09 PM »
Here's a good link provided by Mr. Morris....
http://johnbnelson.com/blog/entrys/cameron_s_wieldraayer.htm

enjoy!

mB

SAPrez

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2004, 01:50:11 PM »

scourge

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2004, 05:03:58 PM »
Originally posted by tyndago
It all depends on what you are trying to pass the car off as.

And this is the problem facing those who jsut want ot bring a car back versus those who want to scam. Me? I'd LOVE to bring back a Nissan Cedric/Gloria.

LOOK AT THIS CAR! You can get this one and many like it for under $2000 (because Shaken makes these cars worthless). If I could get a car like this in the US, I would be willing to sign any document the government provided that stated the car would forever remain mine and in my possession and that I would never sell the car or give it away under penalty of sever fines and the car being confiscated and crushed or deported.

But, we can't get that because too many hucksters would squirm around the law and screw the rest of us. Some people would be willing to buy non-compliant cars but some some idiots would buy them and them try to sue to seller after trying to skirt the law themselves.

So, the govt just shuts us all down. Personally (and I know some will disagree with me), I just don't have a problem with someone driving around in a JDM car in the US. But, I do have a problem trying to commit fraud.

SAPrez

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2004, 05:38:52 PM »
Yes---I agree

I have been infatuated with the Gloria for a little while now....Really wish they could be brought over....I heard that Infiniti brings one over but can't remember what the model number they go as......

I suppose Cameron and his crew are gonna have to be watching their backs even more than before, when Mr. Morris put the fear of God in them.....

mB

tyndago

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2004, 05:52:57 PM »
Rules are rules... and we are supposed to follow them.

I really have no problems if there were some kind of way to regulate it all...

Some kind of basic type inspections....  cars built for the rest of the world are not necessarily dangerous....

You can build a kit car and drive it... You can have a T- bucket , a Model A....

They all ready do it for "Show and Display" cars...

SAPrez

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2004, 05:41:23 PM »
How ridiculous is the idea of reforming the "vehicle import" statues of the law?

mB