Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: What should I pay for a mean cefiro?  (Read 6174 times)

bonzelite

What should I pay for a mean cefiro?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2004, 10:07:31 PM »
car is nice. lower it and get rims.
looks like a maxima kind of.
good going. i'd have that.

EroSamnin

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2004, 11:49:13 PM »
I reckon they look mean as. However, I also want to put some sort or front spoiler type thing on it aswell as side skirts to make it look even meaner and also get some good mags and tyres and a list as long as a peice of string.
Man, I love driving it, just sitting there and going accelerating nice and smooth and then not slowing for corners and just going around them. Unlike that mitsi, it will roll if you even slightly attempt to take a corner.....at all.

So who wants to buy it? its going cheap cos its so cool.

kyteler

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2004, 11:51:48 PM »
I'll give you a bag of potato chips. :D
1963 Prince Skyline (S21)| 1973 Nissan Skyline (C110)| 1983 Nissan Skyline (R30)

bonzelite

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2004, 03:42:39 PM »
Originally posted by EroSamnin
I reckon they look mean as. However, I also want to put some sort or front spoiler type thing on it aswell as side skirts to make it look even meaner and also get some good mags and tyres and a list as long as a peice of string.
Man, I love driving it, just sitting there and going accelerating nice and smooth and then not slowing for corners and just going around them. Unlike that mitsi, it  

of course, skyline gtr wheels look great on cefiros. i've seen that done. anything with a nice lip on it will do, imo. yeah. you have a cool car. it is different but it is not. you know what i mean? you could even swap the steering wheel for a nice meaty one, like a momo. beef up the anti-sway bars. get a FSTB. that will rock.

GTS-T 1RB

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2004, 08:49:50 PM »
gts-t wheels go steering wheels go strait on,also if you get a turbo cefiro change exhaust manifold an turbo to skyline manifold an turbo.gives youm a bit of extra power.dont put any rear spoilers on,they look puss!!!!

a31cefiro

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2004, 02:58:25 PM »
Woohoo, nice Cefiro man - whoever keeps comparing them to Maximas though needs their eyes checked, LOL.
One thing I will say about the cef (or any older car I guess) is to check the radiator for rust, I've known two of them to break down because of being full of rust, and I mean chocka! Actually less than two weeks ago my father in laws one stopped in the middle of the highway, just cut out, because the rust (apparently) made the water pump fail and the engine was overheating even though the temp gauge was reading at halfway betwen cold and hot constantly. Weird ****e.

Here are a couple of pics of mine before it got smashed into at an intersection by some crazy bastard:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:01:41 PM by a31cefiro »

bonzelite

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2004, 04:00:55 PM »
Originally posted by a31cefiro
Woohoo, nice Cefiro man - whoever keeps comparing them to Maximas though needs their eyes checked, LOL.

A32 Cefiro = Maxima.
A31 Cefiro is not maxima, but said car takes after it a lot overall looks-wise. A31 is leaner. overall shape is nearly the same, including how rear lights wrap around sides. :dfinger:

EroSamnin

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2004, 05:26:37 PM »
Oh mean, Cefiros look mean as with their spoiler! I'm going to leave mine on.

I saw that crash pic a31cefiro, stink au bro, send us the mags.....  lol.

I changed the plugs, but then I have ordered some actual ones, some iridium ones. For some reason the platinum ones that are recommended for the Rb's are more expensive, like $25 each where as the iridium ones are like $17 or something.

I'll swap them over on the week end and see if it fixes my idle being at 1000 all the time even though I tried the proper way to lower it. Can't get it lower than 900rpm....
I'm also going to stick in a new fuel filter and see what that does, if anything, adn have checked the air flow meter etc etc etc.
Screw it I'm going to send it in for a tune up and see if they can fix it :P

Other than that, dam its fun to drive, especially in the wet when you get your rear out all the time even going slow round intersections. Great fun. "extended loss of traction" I hear the cops say....

GTS-T 1RB

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2004, 10:05:23 PM »
put a bov on as soon as you can to stop impeller serge on your turine wheel.reset your computer with the idol cranked right down.disconnect the battery for 24 hours,this resets your ecu settings an auto shift changes etc.then get a manual conversion an youll be struggling for traction in the dry!!!

EroSamnin

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2004, 02:45:37 PM »
GTS-T 1RB, I thought about putting a BOV on it to make it look cool, but theres not much point really, I don't have a turbo....

Also, I thought about getting a conversion, but I managed to score a factory manual! and its got a decent transmission too.

I can't get my idle lower than 900 rpm, and thats with everything cranked right down, who knows why its so hig all the time. I'm going to change some things and see how it goes then get it tuned and serviced, new timing belt etc.

GTS-T 1RB

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2004, 07:09:36 PM »
ive also got a rb20e cefiro,could be lots of things wrong,tps,thermostate,coldstart playing up.puting it on a tuning scope mite help

a31cefiro

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2004, 12:16:17 PM »
Keeping the mags for the next Cef EroSamnin...which is actually proving harder to find than I thought...always heaps in the car yards and Trade & Exchange when you already own one but never any when you need 'em.
I agree (bonzelite) that A32 Cefs are just Maximas in diguise, as are Primeras, Blubirds and Pulsar sedans from the mid nineties. I wonder what the point of making so many of their cars looking the same was? I was in a 95/96 Cefiro last night which was a loan car to someone in the family, one thing I have to say about it is blimmin shoddy build construction! The seats are hard as rocks too. Pretty much everything that has a plastic coating on it was falling apart or flaking off. The rear of the car creaked alot too, and the stereo was crap. Shame on you Nissan, lol, go back to the old Cef design! Family cars got boring in the nineties for a while there.

EroSamnin

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2004, 11:29:26 PM »
I would sell you mine but.... I would rather just put your mags on it! hahaha

Can't wait to get this thing sorted, got the new plugs to put in and fuel filter just for fun and am planning to take it in for service and tune at some stage, then get new tyres at front.

Man I love driving it, so much manual fun, especially changing down. So smooth and nice, not like mitu that you almost fell out the front window while changing down.

Nice soft seats, nice dash, nice but getting replaced steering wheel, nice windows that go up and down with the touch of a button..... awesome...

bonzelite

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2004, 07:07:03 AM »
Originally posted by a31cefiro
Keeping the mags for the next Cef EroSamnin...which is actually proving harder to find than I thought...always heaps in the car yards and Trade & Exchange when you already own one but never any when you need 'em.
I agree (bonzelite) that A32 Cefs are just Maximas in diguise, as are Primeras, Blubirds and Pulsar sedans from the mid nineties. I wonder what the point of making so many of their cars looking the same was? I was in a 95/96 Cefiro last night which was a loan car to someone in the family, one thing I have to say about it is blimmin shoddy build construction! The seats are hard as rocks too. Pretty much everything that has a plastic coating on it was falling apart or flaking off. The rear of the car creaked alot too, and the stereo was crap. Shame on you Nissan, lol, go back to the old Cef design! Family cars got boring in the nineties for a while there.

correct. A32 chassis = Maxima = I30 Infiniti. A32 is "4gen" Maxima. people complain on maxima.org about the 4th gen's cheap interior and generally shoddy worksmanship, FWD, stupid "beam" mini-van rear suspension, etc... so you are not alone.

give me the A31, RWD, quality sports sedan.