Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Free Horsepower...  (Read 175756 times)

bluntsmoker

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1305 on: October 01, 2004, 11:19:50 AM »
yeah i have been wondering about that too and just praying that Nissan got it right!

To solve the fuel cut the best way and also most expensive is to get a bigger AFM. But because it will give out a different voltage for a set amount of air.... you need to do something to your computer. not sure exactly how but you will find plenty of info if you search the archives and the forums.

Hope that helps     :mexican:

phool

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1306 on: October 01, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I am amazed the pioneer is still kicking around. The worlds best performance thread. Any way, I have disconnected the two stage boost thingy, Thats where I got the T for the bleed. I think I need to wind down the boost (also read whimp out) untill I have done a few other mods including pressure reg and ECU mods. Dont wanna damage the ole girl before its even made any power.

Baffa

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1307 on: October 12, 2004, 07:59:09 PM »
ffs this is a long thread!!!! :) I forgot who wanted nos all those pages ago but have you seen the system that squirts straight into your filter? its plug and play!!!

PlasticStan

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1308 on: October 23, 2004, 02:19:21 AM »
The reason the fuel is cut is because this totally eliminates the chance of detonation. No fuel = no det.

If you just cut the ignition when the afm is maxed, there is a chance of detonation because of lean fuel mixtures.

Cheers, Simon.
:D

rings85

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1309 on: October 24, 2004, 08:11:55 PM »
wow... it has taken me about 2 days to get to the end of this... i am very impressed and indebted to you all.  Now all i need to do is get my hands on the R32 GTS25 i have been looking for and i can put some of this stuff into action!

GO THE FREE HORSEPOWER THREAD!

-Adam

vk turbo

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1310 on: December 16, 2004, 01:34:01 AM »
i have just found out that the 300zx afm will be fine but dont run stock intercooler get a larger front mount to be able to cool the air more effectively and what psi does the boost cut come in cause i got the boost gauge needle maxing out and that is at 22psi thats where it stopped so i dont know if anymore went through it but it aint that quick when it has that through it compared to 8 psi also just wondering if anyone here knows wether or not a fuel cooler would add any hp thoughts on this would be great as im thinking i might but my fuel through an auto tranny fluid cooler

bluntsmoker

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1311 on: December 16, 2004, 10:19:26 AM »
that is not free horsepower related. stop spamming the forums

vk turbo

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1312 on: December 16, 2004, 11:42:02 AM »
i know its not free horsepower but if you read previous things people have read there was an issue on it and anything that costs less than 200 bucks seems alot cheaper than the other options that are available and im not spamming the forums so piss off

gtstCruiser

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1313 on: December 16, 2004, 02:26:51 PM »
i oute'd an cleaned my afm the other day and now it spits and farts if i put my foot right down.. dunno if i just KO'ed my afm or not.. but it dont feel right.. whats a on-its-way-out afm feel like? i think i'll take my tap off and run 10 till i get some cash for a new one..

vk turbo

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1314 on: December 16, 2004, 10:17:53 PM »
if you touched the sensor inside it it will be stuffed

gtstCruiser

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1315 on: December 17, 2004, 01:54:24 PM »
nope i used one of those spray extension things that looks like a lollypop stick and sprayed the crap out of it with Contact cleaner and left it for an hour to dry up

put it back in and now it farts if i floor it :s

vk turbo

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1316 on: December 17, 2004, 11:47:31 PM »
have u tryed reseting your comp and did you do it with the battery still connected cause if you did that might be all it needed and why did you clean it out in the first place

NIZMAD

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1317 on: December 18, 2004, 06:22:07 PM »
Hmm thats exactly what i did to mine when it was playing up and it fixed it! i'd try squirting it out again from all directions to make sure you didnt wash everything to a particularly sensitive area,
good ol CO cleaner =D

not exactly a free horsepower kinda post tho dude.

NIZMAD

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1318 on: December 18, 2004, 06:25:22 PM »
oh to answer the "why did you need to clean it in the first place" question, all matter of fine particles colect in the afm sensor with the od spot of filter oil just to hold it there, you would be surprised even with the best filters how much makes it thru.

vk turbo

Free Horsepower...
« Reply #1319 on: December 21, 2004, 03:02:57 AM »
what does it do when it starts to get dirty cause i know when mine is idling i can hear the slightest miss or something in the exaust note like it splutters or something anyone know what that could be