Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: A31 Cefiro Same As R32 GTSTs Suspension???  (Read 4483 times)

INVNO1

A31 Cefiro Same As R32 GTSTs Suspension???
« on: March 15, 2004, 11:04:09 PM »
Hey, I have an A31 Turbo Cefiro and an 89 R32 GTST and have already swapped the rear suspension around it fits and all but im abit worried about the front as i dont know if they have the same setup and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Im just a bit lazy and cant be bothered switching springs around  and plus thought it mite be a bit easier aswel just to take the whole suspension out and switching them around. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Zanthiath

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dimension7.co.nz
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 11:05:49 AM »
Ok, ive done the 5 stud swap, and the front end, is silvia setup.
All you need is some silvia front hubs. The skyline rotors and callipers fit sweet as.
Can find some second hand silvia s13-s15 hubs or m's racing
sell some.
Springs are differant. Will need to find youself either some cefiro front springs or silvia.

pure methamphunmachine
Team Sleeper

Kahl

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:02:41 PM »
yup, a31 are based on s13 suspension, in fact they have an s13 floor pan. I wasnt aware that the rear suspension was a direct swap for the a31 (from r32) but what i do know is that you can actually bolt the front struts from a r32 into the rear of the a31. Also they are like heaps shorter so your car ends up easily 2 inchs lower (maybe more). I have done this in my c33 laurel which is identical in suspension setup to the a31. All you have to do is use the s13 (or a31/c33) rear springs and top hats.

INVNO1

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:28:18 PM »
Hmmm interesting, funny enough the R32s Rears Whole Strut Unit bolted straight into the A31s but i mite just pull the fronts apart and c how it goes about. I dont want 2 change hubs over just yet as we have some decent 4 Stud mags so switching to the 5 Stud GTSTs mite be a bit on the downside, brakes also mite get the switch over aswell.