Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Lsd S.o.s.............  (Read 743 times)

ph1

Lsd S.o.s.............
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:08:39 AM »
kennydead25
(6/2/01 10:33:56 pm)
Reply  LSD S.O.S.............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 took my new bought LSD (no not drugs) to see fryline, hoping he can fit it on for me. but.....bugger, the bolting points between the legs r different! so, has anyone done this before? fitting a gts-t LSD on to a gts?? (both R32)..........~~~~~~HELP~~~~~~~~

cheers~~~!~!~!~!~!

R U NUTS  
(6/2/01 11:17:03 pm)
Reply  Re: LSD S.O.S.............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 u shouldda ask hoppy b4 u bought it man... one of my friend was thinkin like dat b4, and he went to see hoppy and hoppy said it can be done but it requires the whole rear part, lsd (diff), axle, hub cap, etc etc.. n it's not cheap.. hey prolly the PREZ have an idea to fit lsd to 4 studder gts ????

meggala
(6/3/01 1:31:56 am)
 thank the big man up stairs you posted this problem kenny I really feel for you and you saved me some grief this was one thing I was thinking could be a problem when I did this my mechanic and I had a look under a both shook our heads It looks like a bigg job. if you end up getting it in let me know I would really appreciate it.
cheers
meggala

kennydead25
(6/3/01 2:14:59 pm)
 yeap sure meg, i will find out wats the most economic way to get the lsd into a gts, (not only a turbo car can have a lsd!)  
wouldnt be too hard, i think i just need few spare parts........i will keep u posted if we successfully got the lsd in my gts~

cheers~~

R U NUTS  
(6/3/01 4:13:11 pm)
 i just remember some1 told me before that some of r32/r33 gts25 come with lsd from factory. don't know whether it's true or not, but if it's true, this would be a good upgrade, coz gts25 and gts supposedly have the same rear set-up.
mista prez, if u out there could you pls give us, the non-lsd-er, some idea ???

crooser
(6/3/01 6:16:38 pm)
  Re: LSD S.O.S.............
 i'm pretty sure my 33 gts25 has lsd...
never been able to get just one wheel to spin, and tight slow cornering
sometimes i notice the inside wheel 'jerking' (for want of a better description)  

is there any way you can tell visually?
i could take some pics

crooser

R U NUTS  
(6/3/01 6:38:19 pm)
 pic would be great crooser  
i believe there's no easy way to visually tell the difference, bummer ay..
wot sort of gts25 u've got bud ? wot year ? still 4 studs wheeler rite ?

meggala
(6/3/01 10:41:19 pm)
 the only jap ite I found with an lsd in an r32 gts was with an aftermaket on I believe It was from the narrow 32 group but cant remember specifically the guy had extractors as well thats why the question in the previous thread.got to go
heres a link
http://www.i-kyushu.or.jp/~syu/m-link.html
cheers
meggala

kennydead25
(6/3/01 10:42:01 pm)
 well, crooser, from wat u said, i am quite sure u have a lsd, yeah, lsd does jerk a lil around the cornering, i think its bcoz both wheels need to have equal power transfer from the engine, well, to makesure, jack up ur car, have a look under the diff, if u have 5 bolting points from the axle and NOT six, then its a LSD. thats wat i learned when i found out i cant directly bolt the lsd on my car BUGGER!!......
well, i wat i might wanna do is, make a conversion to 5 studs, so i can have some type M's mags on my gts, hehehehhe, no one can tell i dont have a turbo in mycar,  

cheers~~

crooser
(6/3/01 11:48:17 pm)
  Re: LSD S.O.S.............
 ok... i slid under the car just now and counted 5 bolts where each
axle joins to diff.

shouldnt we be able to tell the options from the vin numbers??

If LSD is a standard addition to a 33 gts25, maybe you could just get
the axles off a wrecked one. With a bit of luck the 32gts and 33gts axles
are the same length?

My car specs

94' R33 GTS25 Coupe
5spd
Hicas
280mm Brake Discs (all wheels)
4 stud rims

crooser

R U NUTS  
(6/3/01 11:57:53 pm)
 thx for da info mista crooser