Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: drags on sunday  (Read 5601 times)

GaLRaCa

drags on sunday
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2001, 04:34:34 PM »
Howabout 7.30 am at the solar powered BP (just passed the Papakura turnoff).

Car is farked!! Protecta have decided not to pay out on it.....I had to pay $1000 to get my car out of Nissan Newmarket as they had stripped it down...had to get a towie in to take it out of there... but the towie couldnt tow it cause Nissan had taken out all the suspension arms and everything....they are putting the suspension back in tonight for towage tomorrow....damn stupid...I will never ever go to Nissan Newmarket again, they charge so much! and Protecta...well they have voided my warranty so they can go jump as well!!!...not been a very good week at all        :(

Brenhan

drags on sunday
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2001, 04:41:20 PM »
Kenny not many people pay too much attention to it , the gas stations cant put it in your car but they will allow you to get it and do what you want with it , it is highly unlikely that anyone other than an enthusiast would know the difference , you wont have any problems running it on the road but I guess it is the same with exceeding the speed limit , if you dont get caught then there is no proof that it happened . it isnt good to use it long term because it will damage the oxygen sensor in the exhaust and therefore use more gas when cruising but 20 litres in a tankfull once every 2-3 months will not shorten the life of the sensor too much.

Bummer about the car Debbie , what was the reason it was sent in there?
Brenhan.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2001, 04:43:30 PM by Brenhan »

need4speed

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
drags on sunday
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2001, 08:46:16 PM »
Oh no gts4chik... I couldn't stand not being able to drive my baby... i feel sorry for you :(.

What time are the drags kicking off??? will there be someone there I can give my membership application form and cash to???

/me still can't wait

STRX7

drags on sunday
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2001, 08:49:01 PM »
Originally posted by kennydead
oh well, r we meeting up at the BP?

my car hasnt got boost yet, due to some lazy people not doing wat he said, i think i need another source to get my 25T. got to spend more, but worthy.

although i will be like a snail comparing with u guys, but i will up for a few runs, since i have my smaller exhaust back on now. should be good with the help of the extractor. any GTS wanna line up with me?:D

fry, cant wait to see ur beast running properly finally, phew~~~~ thought u gonna give it up and buy a rotary~:(

That would be a step in the right direction, to part with pistons all together :P

I think i can beat ya all, got my car in July 1997 and only now is it looking like getting finished.  Oh well Good things take time.

power hungry

drags on sunday
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2001, 10:55:26 PM »
hi Brenhan,

i couldnt find challenge manukau rd, Pukakohe in the phone book. I was looking all day for avgas, so far unseccessful. But we did a beatiful stripper job on the skyline tonite. (GTst RS light weight spec)
I tried launching around 0.8 Bar with 225's at the back, still got no where.

Sorry about ur car Deb, Nissan New market is hopeless. They cant even fix a suspesnsion arm properly.
Well see u guys at the BP then!

RazorGTR

drags on sunday
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2001, 03:29:08 AM »
Getting a good launch with a GTS-t is an art, not to mention surface conditions help. What ever you think you can launch at away from the track it all changes there due to the unpredicability of the track conditions.

Well I am off to Ragland today to watch the rally with a few guys, and should be able to pack on a few Km's but not sure if I will do 400+ kms still in the next two days but will give it a go. The first 450 have been all city driving with heaps in stop and go traffic so maybe there is hope. If not well looks like the night drags is were I will make my qualifiying passes.

Debs I feel for you I really do. Though I did not get any mechanical insurance because I knew I was going to modify my car, it still has cost me heaps over the last year and half due to 3 gearboxes dying a rather nasty death. Hopefully you will be able to sort it out.

C U at the BP.

kennydead

drags on sunday
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2001, 06:58:12 AM »
Originally posted by STRX7

That would be a step in the right direction, to part with pistons all together :P

I think i can beat ya all, got my car in July 1997 and only now is it looking like getting finished.  Oh well Good things take time.

funny, i dont understand wat r u trying to say,

u wanna beat me? its easy, mate. go line up with my mates, try Zapf, he will give u a good go. or maybe babyR.

Brenhan

drags on sunday
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2001, 07:01:19 AM »
Challenge in Pukekohe trades as Racecourse motors , the phone number is 09 238 7118 , they are at 214 Manukau Road (the road that the racetrack is on) . I think what Shane ment by beat you is that his car has been off the road for the longest , 4 years. Shanes car would easily beat Zapf , his car will soon be faster than my GTR .
Brenhan.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2001, 07:04:29 AM by Brenhan »

moondog

drags on sunday
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2001, 10:41:02 AM »
Ooooh Deb that's bloody awful! Now what?? :( What slimy trick did they pull to void your warranty? - we've had that happen with two cars, that the warranty company refused to pay up for sticky reasons :mad:  That's a big reason why I just didn't bother with this one......

..... :confused: :dozey: :headbutt:

I hope yours gets sorted...somehow :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2001, 11:48:24 AM by moondog »

SPECTRE

Double Bugger!!
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2001, 11:21:57 AM »
Sheesh not good about the car Debz what are you going to do now?? take both parties to court??

on another subject due to having to pay to live ie food and other bills plus Insurance i will not be attending on Sunday...pity i was looking forward to it, i am really getting itchy to have another go oh well theres always next time.

You and me Kenny next time!! hehe you can watch me in your rear view mirror:laugh:

kennydead

drags on sunday
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2001, 04:04:45 PM »
OH DANM~

now who i gonna race? everybody else would be enjoying kicking my ass:D

FRYLINE

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
drags on sunday
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2001, 07:10:28 PM »
spectere you piker.
i am disapointed:dfinger:
lurking still......

power hungry

drags on sunday
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2001, 09:10:38 PM »
Well dont be disappointed Fry, i am there:)

Yep Vince, i totally agree with u about the **** traction conditions. The car is so light, maybe around 1200kgs. I gave a 18psi launch today, too much wheel spinning, even on 3rd gear. Then i reduced my tyre pressure to 25psi, and it sort of took off better. Maybe i will reduce to 20 psi at the drags.

Brenhan, thz very much. I ended up buying Avgas from Shell Bruce Mclaren rd in Henderson, was too expensive, but i had no choice, $53.95 for 20 litres.

RazorGTR

drags on sunday
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2001, 05:45:17 AM »
Well I am still a bit buggered due to all the numours hills, fences, creeks, and running we did to get deeper into the stages to get great view points without the crowds, but was so worth it! We got right up to the action so close in fact at one point I even got sprayed with rocks haha cool aye! GSR got some great footage. We are not sure ont he sound quality due to the bloody wind but we were so close I could see the dirvers eyes.

400 kms was not a prob. As a matter of act I have put on nearly 500ks with heaps of shifting on the tight twisty roads. So I might give ya a go Fry.

Power hunger if I read your post right were you running 18 psi of boost? If so I hope you have bigger injectors with an a chipped ecu or aftermarket ecu. It would be a pitty to see you pop your motor mate.

GTcrazy

drags on sunday
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2001, 04:24:41 PM »
Vince,
well we r not gonna run 18psi at the drags, may be 1bar. and yeah powers car gotta chip but no after market injectors but we were doin ok at the last drags. prolly line up against u and fry for a close battle.
c ya all there and hoping 4 great wether...
watch out 4 a stripped GTSt 4 door with a GTR intercooler
and vince, any mods after last drags?

c ya all at the BP 7.30