Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Oil Pressure  (Read 891 times)

ph1

Oil Pressure
« on: June 10, 2001, 03:27:56 AM »
asassinr32
(4/26/01 7:33:24 pm)
Reply  Oil Pressure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Can anybody help me.

I was driving my car when I notice the oil pressure gauge was on zero. I turned off the engine immediately I checked around under the bonnet and could see nothing wrong oil level was fine.

When I turned the engine back on the oil pressure gauge moved but it doesn't seem to be as high as it normally is.

Now I don't know if I should keep driving the car. What else should I check?

R32 GTR
(4/26/01 10:04:39 pm)
Reply  Re: Oil Pressure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The oil pressure guages on these things are well known for playing up. Mine was doing exactly the same...no apparent leaks or wiring faults.
Had it replaced and problem is fixed. The genuine Nissan article is quite expensive but well worth the peace of mind

asassinr32
(4/27/01 11:35:57 am)
 Thanks, I hope it's only the gauge. How much will it cost to replace the gauge.

Wouldn't a after market be more accurate.

R32 GTR
(4/27/01 12:23:53 pm)
 YUK...just re-read my posting from last night...I mustve been tired. The actual guage is OK....it is the sender unit that causes the problem.
Genuine Nissan one set me back approx $200 I think.
I dont know if there are aftermarket ones available.

asassinr32
(4/27/01 12:44:21 pm)
 Where is the sender unit located.

Dak  
(4/27/01 5:53:32 pm)
 The sender itself is just towards the back of the motor behind the oil filter.

asassinr32
(5/10/01 2:11:21 pm)
 The problem was actually the Oil pump is on it's way out.

Tango
(6/6/01 11:02:37 pm)
Reply  Same prob for me!
 I have just run into the same problem. I really don't have that much money to throw around as it would cost around $100 to check the problem. Who did you work out which was causing the problem the pump or the oil pressure meter??

Greg Nicolson
Perth Australia
astro@iinet.net.au

BABY R
(6/7/01 9:53:40 am)
  Re: Oil Pressure
 Skylines tends to have a easy to break oil pump. Upgrade them to aftermarket units if you can. There are plenty of aftermarket oil gauges available, such as TRUST and HKS, but it isn't very cheap to buy.
Boost it up and rev to the red!
BABY R

R32 GTR
(6/7/01 11:47:01 am)
 In my case it was pretty obviously electrical. The guage would drop off for no apparant reason, flicker a bit etc.
After experiencing the same problems in my Z and that being the sender as well I wasnt suprised. Nissan engine electricals always seem to be a weak link.

Tango
(6/8/01 1:06:40 am)
 The Pressure on the factory fitted gauge changes between 0 and four kg/cm^3 depending on how hard the car is driven, or if it is cold and other factors. Does that sound like a faulty gauge??

Greg Nicolson
astro@iinet.net.au