Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Rb20det and 5spd in S13?  (Read 5623 times)

cwald240sx

Rb20det and 5spd in S13?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2005, 09:07:19 AM »
Keep in mind with the wider track on the GT-R/ Z32 subframe, you will still have the stock S14 shock tower width.  It is going to throw your camber WAY off unless modified...

i'll shut up now :)

GT-R Ben

Rb20det and 5spd in S13?
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »
I don't think there is a physical wider track at the rear.. pumped guards and a different offset wider wheel, yes. You will notice, put GTR wheels on your S13/S14 they will sit out about 10mm or so with neutral camber. On a GTR the stock wheels sit inside the guards quite a bit.. they have a +30 offset.

The reason I am pretty sure about this is because you can install a GTR diff (with small mods) + side Shafts and hubs into a normal S13 etc subframe. If the track was wider at the rear the shafts would not work.

I don't have a GTR diff at the moment. Just running the GTS-T R200 diff and small side shafts at the moment. I'm not going for huge drag race power.. so I don't think I will break shafts.. but I can quite easily swap it for GTR rear end parts when the time comes.

Now I am pretty sure you can bolt a complete GTR rear subframe into a S13..  maybe an S14 also. If memory servers me correct Robert has a GTR rear end in his 180SX?

Modding the driveshaft is the easy part. Cut/weld/balance.

I would like to know for a fact if I can fit a GTR Diff internals into a GTS-T housing.. or something to that effect..
I will probably leave my side shafts etc and just get a new mech diff (cusco or Kaaz). The idea of a GTR Diff, thicker shafts and alloy knuckles is nice though. Means you need to them get different rear shocks.

I will take some photo's of my gearbox sometime though, have to get it back on the hoist. Havn't sorted a mount yet, needs to be fabricated.

I hate talking about this.. it is so much work to fit all the bushes to the subframe/knuckles etc as well as install it all.. I really get anxious to go and rip it all out and fit GTR parts. Running slicks and doing low 10's seems to be what breaks the stock GTS-T shafts though.. my car is more or less more for the street. :)

Robert

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japwheels.co.nz
Rb20det and 5spd in S13?
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 12:28:09 PM »
Yeah I'm using GTR diff, half shafts and hubs in my s13.  What I did was bolt on the rear cover of a gts-t diff so it bolts into s13 subframe.  Changed the hubs by unbolting the s13 hubs off the hub carriers and bolting on the gtr ones (no need to change shocks that way).  I had a spare GTR drive shaft so I just changed the length so it fits into the s13.

GTR half shafts are the same length as S13 ones, so no problems there.
RB26DET S13 200sx
471rwhp at 1.4bar
11.08@123Mph

hybrids14

Rb20det and 5spd in S13?
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2005, 06:43:43 PM »
thanks for the info, guys.

s14-240

Rb20det and 5spd in S13?
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2005, 07:48:35 PM »
In case you still need info, I forgot to mention ages ago that if you get an rb26 clip you can use the rb26 tranny bell housing on the z32 na tranny, which is the same as the rb25 except for the bell housings.