Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: What to put in my s13?  (Read 8818 times)

gtstCruiser

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 12:52:40 PM »
Oh i realise if im putting in a faster engine the brakes would have to be done im only just trying to set myself a goal to aim at.. makes saving easier.. sorta :P

13B's dont just pulse straight away tho do they, not familiar with them so yea.. what are they like as stock? I would really like one of these cuz its different.. anyone know anybody whose done this?

And with the rb20 while the engine is out, it'd be better to put a bigger throttle body on yea?

I was reading in some mag that they use a sr20de throttle body in the sr20det engine as its bigger, im assuming same thing would apply for rb20det and rb20de throttle body?

Note: My mechanical info isn't up there so most of what im talkin is crap just all theory :)

Cheers again
 big ears

Baffa

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 01:50:55 PM »
i once considered buying a mates s13 and RBing or rotorising it.. And it all comes down to money. Being a Z owner id love to see a VG30 in there, and tehy have been done, with scary results :) And by the way, the engines are quite cheap to buy. but itd be a bit front heavy. RB20 wouldnt be too hard, and from then youve got a strong relibable engine that can be tuned. dont bother with the RB25 or 26 unless youve got money to burn. The CA18 wernt a bad motor, and could happily make about 400hp at the fly with a bit of work, but the SR20det is actually lighter, and much stronger. As for a rotor, space wouldnt be a problem, but youd havta make some custom mounts, and change the wiring to support a carby n stuff..

at a guess (and doing the work yourself)
the VG would take 2-4G fitted (but youd need to upgrade brakes and susp)
RB20det 5gish
rotor.. god.. prob about 6 if your lucky.

gl dude.

cwald240sx

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 02:55:21 PM »
Why 5 G for RB20?  It bolt right in except for the motor mounts.

Baffa

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:47 PM »
im guessing man.. never said it was accurate :)
but id imagine it would cost a couple of grand for the engine, then theres a bit of farting around to get everything else right.

cwald240sx

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 04:09:29 PM »
There is surprisingly little to buy.  All of the GTS-T piping will fit, as well as the GTS-T intercooler.  Or you can cut the bottoms off of the stock intercooler pipes and turn them.  Then weld them back on and they work great for a front mount IC.  You can install the GTS-T radiator but will need to remove the clutch fan from the RB.  Then buy an electric fan.  You will have to make a downpipe and also buy a pod filter.  Other than that it all bolt righ in.  Oh and you wil have to make a longer throttle cable bracket.  I made one from a $5 aluminum bar.  There really is very little to it

Baffa, i wasn't jumping on you.  Just curious as to your thinking:D

R32 GT

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 04:42:57 PM »
Originally posted by gtstCruiser

I was reading in some mag that they use a sr20de throttle body in the sr20det engine as its bigger, im assuming same thing would apply for rb20det and rb20de throttle body?

Nah the RB20DE and DET have the same size throttle body, and the AFM's are pretty damn big too compared to an SR one. With the power my car was making i dont think the throttle body was a hindrance, some people actually weld two DET throttle bodys into the intake as another option

IIIRII

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 05:28:02 PM »
Rb20 det + 5 speed.
Probably best bang for buck in a daily driver.
Or ca18.
Sure sr 20 would be cool but would cost more .

Baffa

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 05:53:40 PM »
Originally posted by cwald240sx

Baffa, i wasn't jumping on you.  Just curious as to your thinking:D

how dare you!

haha like I care.
Some guys from the 300zx club did a full non turb VG30 transplant recently cos the old one shat itself, and it cost them 2g all up, thats where the basis was for putting one in a silvia, as youd need different mounts and all that crap.
RB i had no idea, but it would cost you at least 2 grand for the engine, turbo and bits and bobs i would imagine.
i think sr20dets are actually dearer at about 3+ but again thats assumption.
and CA18dets are cheap, eg less than 1 grand if you know where to look but more than likely theyll be high kms and need rebuilds etc.

Id love to know the actual cost of dropping a rotor in there though. Just for a laugh.
would be different thats 4 sure

[N1ZMO]

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thegarage.co.nz
What to put in my s13?
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 10:32:11 PM »
DO LUCK Kitted R32 GTR = SEX
Team RH9 Cheerleader -

cwald240sx

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 07:01:59 AM »
A guy in our club has an S13 that needs a new heart.  We have been tossing around the idea of butting a three roror 20b into it.  W are just a little scared of rotories.  None of us know anything about working on or modding them.  Not like a 20b in an S13 would need any modding.  That would be sick

A friend of mine in Texas is putting together the bits to drop a 13b turbo in a Miata.  Tell me that won't be nasty!!!

gtstCruiser

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 08:36:52 AM »
I was looking on trademe and the 13b's are roughly 3-4ish grand and thats with rebuild? so i guess another 2 to drop it in and mounts in stuff? 6 grand seems pretty good..

kennydead

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
n will be the first n only one around here

RH9

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 10:27:54 AM »
If you do this i'll buy an FD and put and RB26 in it

:p

GT-R Ben

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 01:43:08 PM »
There is a FD with a SR20DET in it down here. That guy knows what the better engine maker is.. Nissan.

"NoRotr" as the number plate. :)

If I saw a S13 going down the road going "barp barp" I think I would throw up.. haha

gtstCruiser

What to put in my s13?
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 02:46:52 PM »
yea i think my nana would hit me over the head quick fast with her broom if i were to pull up in her driveway pulsin away.. still tho would be cool.. i'll either aim for rb20det or the 13b we'll see which takes over when i got 2 grand in my bank