Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: New Apexi Dealer in Melbourne  (Read 1599 times)

RedR32

New Apexi Dealer in Melbourne
« on: June 11, 2001, 03:54:13 PM »
Well I was in my local autObarn today when I noticed a certain stand in the shop that I havnt seen before with the words Apexi on them. Believing that I was seeing things I asked the salesman to confirm that it was actually the japanese Apexi brand and not some stupid ripp off. His quote was "we can get any genuine Apexi gear that is desired (including Apexi race seats and Wheels, billet cap and turbos) and he will get it within 1 week of purchase (or if its a rare product) 1 month.

So I asked what the prices were and I was quoted the following (all genuine Apexi gear, all with warrenty)

B.O.V $380

N-1 universal exhaust $580 (3" straight through muffler and tip only)

AVC-R Boost Controller $1050

N-1 Brake Pads (set of 4) $370

Complete cooler Kit (with all hoses and Attachments) $2200

Are these good prices? As I am very familiar with Apexi products, but not prices. He also said that if I could find a cheaper GENUINE quote, that he would beat it.

If anyone is interested its the Autobarn in Eltham, the dealers name is Robert and the phone number is 03-9439-9299. But before I go and reccommend this guy, are the prices GOOD???????

Cheers Ross.

P.s.

He also told me that Apexi makes a "complete" upgrade package for $6000, that gets about 300kw at the wheels of an R32 GTS-T. This seems a little too cheap?

Blaup

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 04:24:43 PM »
RB20DET is an over square engine design so it likes to rev... 300kw at wheels... hmm sounds pretty high, new turbo for sure and cams  i guess and fule controller or computer, intercooler.
Proberly asking a bit much wonder what it includes.

Anyway $1050 for AVC-R is a good price not to sure about the rest.

Sounds like its comming from japan rather than via australian distributers.... or maybe it is but seems very cheap for that.

btw not sure about next melbourne cruise but we will be hopeing to see a lot of people at sandown 23/24th i should be there, there was surgestion of a cruise the thursday before (but thats proberly the night before you last exam ??)

E

Blaup

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2001, 04:25:21 PM »
Nobody i know thinks much of apexi turbo's get garret ones from australia, there what nissan and HKS use.

E

Initiate

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2001, 05:37:49 PM »
I know the price for the N1 exhaust is about $20 cheaper than others than I've seen.

The complete "upgrade" package for $6000 sounds about right. But that's just the parts - factor in labour costs and prices for testing/dyno runs for a more realistic price.

DAn DOOORift

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2001, 05:47:43 PM »
Those prices sound quite right, nice and cheap.

Apex-i use IHI turbos, and they used to mated to Honda F1 engines!!!, Remeber, when they where claims of 1000hp+ engines, Senna era! They are good turbo's but they don't have the resources of Garret, and of course, Garret is owned by Nissan.

BYe.