Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: 105kmph Beeper... GRR  (Read 2254 times)

mcknick

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:51:17 AM »
Just got my cefiro and was wondering how to shut the f**king noise up wen i go over 105

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:28:46 AM »
Either you could be like me and not go that fast (although mine goes at 110) ;) or there is (in my car) a boxy thing under the dashboard which needs to be disconnected. Not sure if it is the same as a Cefiro. :|

mcknick

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 01:23:59 PM »
lol sweet cheers, will investigate :-)

Gerbal

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 01:38:49 PM »
Quote from: mcknick
Just got my cefiro and was wondering how to shut the f**king noise up wen i go over 105
Easy dude...just down by your right foot is the accelerator pedal, above that directly in front of your eyes is the speedo, keep your eyes on this and don't let it get to 105k...and just incase you do you've got that little 'beep' to remind you  :D

mcknick

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 02:07:03 PM »
but what about when i wanna take it on the track ;-)

Gerbal

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »
As per Mustang-mans tip dude ;)

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 10:22:02 PM »
Haha yea keep under 105 all the time good one you guys. Get back to reality! have you guys not heard of hills, track days, racing, overtaking etc etc.  I am not 100% sure where they are on a cef but on a R32 they are on the back of the speedo cluster you have to take off the suround take the cluster out and on the back of it the should be a little silver box screwed down with a wire coming out of it an screwed to the back neer buy. Hope that helps!
Im getting there slowly at the moment

mcknick

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 10:50:32 PM »
thanks bro, a real tip :-) i think i will have to do that before i drive home from dunedin to welly, hahah that could get a bit tedious ;-) will attempt that this weekend and will let you know how i go. N e tips as to a special way to get the dash off maybe? lol so i dont break n e thing :-P

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 10:49:13 PM »
Its just that black suround around the gauge cluster should be 4 but mabey up to 6 phillips screws you may need a stumpy screwdriver to get the top ones it should just pop out and the cluster its self is held in by 4 more phillips screws the ya just gota pull it out a bit and pop of the speedo cable and unplug the plugs and your away. But Im still not 100% sure its in the same place as skyline! but still its not much work at all and defanatly worth it if it is there!
Im getting there slowly at the moment

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »
If the cef setup is the same as the skyline one,  take it easy when pulling the cluster out.  The plastic it that surrounds where the speedo input goes into the cluster can ecome a little brittle over time.  If it's the same,  on the back of the speedo the silver box will have a black ground wire coming out of it.  Disconnect the ground wire and remove the box from the cluster.  Replace both those screws you removed (ground wire and silver box mounting screw) so they are present if you ever put it back (why the hell would you :o)   )
  That's all that's needed.  If however the setup is similar to the later R32's (frm memory only) the little 105 'dinger' was not on the back of the speedo but integrated into a box located around the fuses area inthe cabin above your right knee while you sit in the drivers seat.  If it's part of that box in the cef, and you unplug it you may also lse your headlight, key in ignition door open warnings as well.  there are a series of wires going into that box.  Unplug the unit and test you no longer have your 105 noise.  check headlight reminder etc as well.  If it's all integrated you may be able to use a multimeter to identify a signal wire to the unit of the headlights on warning, also the door open key in ignition warning.  the other wires will be ground and 12V.  that may isolate the wire sending the signal when you hit 105.  I do not suggest fecking around with a multimeter while doing 105 to see which wire goes live under that circumstance though that wuld only be suggested in the "moron's guide to mechanics"  :)

Hope you can drive in peace shortly.  

One other solution avoiding allabove.  reach over and crank the volume knob another 2 notches.... what noise?
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

Kopycatkarma

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 10:31:54 AM »
not to sound bodgey but i ripped out my box , busted off the speaker and put it back in hehehe

smokey hayes

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/smokeyhayes
105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 07:51:19 PM »
Quote from: Mustang-man
Either you could be like me and not go that fast (although mine goes at 110) ;) or there is (in my car) a boxy thing under the dashboard which needs to be disconnected. Not sure if it is the same as a Cefiro. :|

on a laurel (and probably Cef's as they are similar) the beeper is on the dash panel by you knees 'under the dashboard' look here first it is easy to access!

mcknick

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 08:02:26 PM »
awesome cheers guys :-D

Jax00nz

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 10:29:30 PM »
Buy a louder exhaust or turn up da sounds !! :laugh:

CA31_Cefiro

105kmph Beeper... GRR
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
its not under the speedo cluster in a31/c33, its under the panel below the steering wheel etc. you'll find it next to the 1 that tells u your lights are left on, use that as an audible guide. Find, unplug, test.