Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Calling Rhino!  (Read 407 times)

dieline

Calling Rhino!
« on: October 11, 2001, 04:09:34 PM »
Hello,

Its Dieline here. We spoke at the canning vale pub - think you remember :)

Well I was just wondering if your R31 was an import, or an aus delivered model and you fitted the RB20DET yourself. If so, is it legally engineered in WA? I ask this, due to the fact that the WA Transport mob are ebing somewaht difficult at the moment, ie. not passing my Navara (also equipped with an RB20DET) due to the fact that the engine is not ADR complienced.

Thanks,

Dieline

Rhino

Calling Rhino!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 04:28:49 PM »
OK,
     My skyline is an Aussie Spec 89 R31 Silhouette with a NICS RB20DET from a 1986 HR31 GTS-X slotted in. The car is 100% legal and is both engineered and has been over the pits, my rego has been changed so that Transport now have the right engine number on their books. I didn't do the conversion myself but was present for 90% of the job.
If you are having problems with Transport I'll give you the contact details of the engineer I used, that'll shut em up. If the engineer says it's OK then Transport really can't say no to you.

Email me at:

rhinop10@hotmail.com

Cheers,
                Ryan.

dieline

Calling Rhino!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2001, 04:34:23 PM »
Thankyou very much Rhino, you have mail :)

Regards

Dieline

buttoned_down_psycho

Calling Rhino!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 06:50:31 PM »
well when i went to get mine engineered the guy looked the RB20DET up in the books and it said it complied with australian ADR's - and seeing as they SHOULDNT vary from state to state in my opinion then your should be fine???? - obviously they dislike something cos they knocked you back but the engine has to be accepted as R31 red tops and 32 gtst's are both eligible for compliance in australia so they have to conform ??? - did they give you any specifics?? - like not having polution gear attached or something?
(im in NSW btw)

dieline

Calling Rhino!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2001, 08:03:24 PM »
HEy buttoned_down_psycho,

Thanks for that bit of info :) The 'character' I spoke to, stated that the RB20DET 'probably' isn't ADR'd, hence there is no way that it will pass. Everything else is 100% spot on!

They are just real nasty buggers!

Thanks

Dieline :)