Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: A31 heater problem. Help needed.  (Read 1010 times)

kiwi-z-freak

A31 heater problem. Help needed.
« on: June 06, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »
Hi.
I have a problem with the heater in my A31. It wont blow hot air. The best it can manage is not quite lukewarm. the temprature gauge reads bang on halfway when the car has been running, but there's no warm air to be had.
The heater in my A31 parts car works a treat. But I'm not going to swap the whole thing over. (that's way too much work)
I had a look at the heater control panel in my parts car, and I see that it's all electrically controlled. Maybe the valve is stuck? Where is the valve located? What means does it use to actuate it? With the weather being sooo dam cold, I don't care if it only blows hot air for now. I can fix the problem properly in the spring.

Any suggestions?

Ameic

dunno if this helps but..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »
i know alot of cef stuff is the same as s13's.. if its the same there is a little module that sits just behind the console on the passenger side that controls the hot-cold appently its really common for this units to stuff up.. its just a box with a plug into it if u put your hand at the bottom of your glovebox where it meets with the centre console u should be able to feel it stuck onto the back

WINDSCREEN

-----------------------------------------
                        ---------           /----\  
      glovebox     |            |         |       |
                       |            |          \----/
----------------X              ------------------
                              O
                              |
                              | <- gearstick

X marks the spot

if its there just replace it, mine is stuffed too but i havnt got around to replacing it yet to u might wanna confirm with some one who has

Ameic

dunno if this helps but..
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 03:06:20 PM »
i know alot of cef stuff is the same as s13's.. if its the same there is a little module that sits just behind the console on the passenger side that controls the hot-cold appently its really common for this units to stuff up.. its just a box with a plug into it if u put your hand at the bottom of your glovebox where it meets with the centre console u should be able to feel it stuck onto the back

WINDSCREEN

-----------------------------------------
                ---------          /----\  
   glovebox     |       |          |    | <-- steering wheel
                |       |          \----/
----------------X       ------------------
                    O
                    |
                    | <- gearstick

X marks the spot

if its there just replace it, mine is stuffed too but i havnt got around to replacing it yet to u might wanna confirm with some one who has