Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Lowered springs for C35 Laurel.  (Read 2820 times)

[TWUBLE]

Lowered springs for C35 Laurel.
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:17:14 PM »
Hey there, can anyone tell me if any manufacturer makes a lowered spring for a RWD non turbo C35 Laurel? (1997 C35 Laurel Club S 25 to be exact).
I can take the springs out and take all the necessary measurements to get some made but figured there might be someone who would know if anyone does make a spring for them OR if there is a crossover with an earlier model or another model (ie skyline, silvia, cefiro etc).

Any help much appreciated :)

thanks..

slo_firo

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:04:12 AM »
i was told s15 springs fit - standard 1s will probly lower it due to the weight difference

makes sense s13 -c33    s14-c34

[TWUBLE]

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »
Thanks mate... gotta get it outa the sky. Its just waaaaayyy too high.

Fused

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »
Cobra springs make up custom jobs, stiffness, height etc

[TWUBLE]

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »
Yup so do Whiteline, King, Pedders, Dobi... :)

Fused

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
So what's the trouble then :P, get some made up?

[TWUBLE]

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »
Because that means taking the struts out, taking them apart to get all the measurements required, putting them back in and doing it all again when i get the new springs.

If someone happens to know if another spring will work then it saves me having to do the whole process twice.

Patience grasshopper :P

Fused

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 01:07:50 AM »
Duh sorry, I'm an idiot some times. Only half read the thread. I don't think you would need to completely take them out? You would only need the diameter of the spring, how many coils and the length of the springs? Could get those measurements without taking the struts out.  Most companies are very helpful.

Oh and btw, it only takes 10 mins or so taking one out? Would have to do front/back but wouldn't take very long at all

[TWUBLE]

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »
Thats true.. well half true. It takes roughly 10mins per strut to remove and take apart (only need to remove 2 1.. front, 1.. rear). But yes you do need to remove the strut completely as they need a 'free height' of the spring and the only way to get this is by removing the spring from the strut assembly completely.

But however, alas, it looks like the only option is to do that and then custom the springs from there.