Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Tail Happy A31  (Read 1313 times)

wookie

Tail Happy A31
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »
Got to drive my mates A31 the other day. We had just done a 3am run back from Marton cause his partner had just gone into labour. Anway we got to the hospital so he threw me the keys and said go get some stuff from the house. it was 5 in the morn and pissing with rain. Had to go from wellington hospital to Miramar. That was the most fun I've had with my pants on in ages. The thing just wanted to go sideways everywhere. Especially round the two big round a bouts by the airport. My skyline is no where near as tail happy as that. He must have a LSD in it or something?

r33madd

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Tail Happy A31
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »
A31's do have a factory lsd as far as i know.
tail happy could be a few things one being crap tyres and two being the driver having to much fun with his or her lead right foot :) :)

what do you think man ?? tyres or led foot.

i have cheap tyres and my car is a hand full in the wet but that can be fixed if i didnt always drive as if i was on a mission :)

wookie

Tail Happy A31
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »
Could be a bit of both. If I tried to nurse it, it was still ready to slide. But I think it was more the fact I was on a mission. Have you ever been yelled at by a woman in labour? Either way it was good fun.

richie21

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Tail Happy A31
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:23:22 PM »
all turbo cefs/laurels have lsd and some modles rb20de had lsd

cefs/laurels/silvias all have the same suspension set up in the front and can get alot of steering lock way more then a skyline

ive had 2 gtst  and 2 turbo cefs i now own 3 laurels all turbo manual and over all i like the laurel its alot more vip and it pilerless

and is very tail happy in the dry with semi slicks on the back hahahaha

i now want to drive a s13 with a rb in it , no way i want a sr

Erelyes

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Tail Happy A31
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »
Funnily enough one of the more fun times i've had in a car was when it was snowing down in Dunedin and I was driving a mate's Cortina.

Gutless as hell, bald tyres on the back, but my first RWD tail out experience, and it was good fun, that thing actually did pretty good drifties. Or was it the snow :D  

Of course my gtst was even better!
- Pete

wookie

Tail Happy A31
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:38:18 PM »
Either way I think we've established that RWD RB powered cars are the S#%t.
I'm really itching for more power out of my beast so I can go slidy slidy all the way home.