Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: A little complaint...  (Read 877 times)

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:35:52 PM »
:|

Incase you didn't know already, SDU is getting a bit of an outside (and inside) reputation for a slow response from moderators/Admins etc about certain things (such as what i'm asking in this topic).

I realise you all have jobs/lives etc but the Southern Festival of Speed was completely ignored by you people last year as well. I'd like to know how i stand on this event, whether SDU is behind it or not?

Is there anyone i can talk to here about this club and actually get answers not long after i ask questions? Who is in charge of the place now? Brendon M? Kylie? James?

I am kinda getting a little impatient with the way things are moving so slowly here, am trying to help improve the place but no-one else seems willing or anything to help. :( If free time is an issue, then i have plenty of it (even with a job i would still have enough time to check here every day - don't exactly have much of a life anyway ;)) and over five years experience in participation, moderating, administrating and owning forums all over the net so i'm not exactly an amatuer. I currently have my forums (which are unfortunately down because of hosting and other issues) and moderate over at Southern Skylines and have been a mod here for a reasonable amount of time now.

I don't mean any offence to anyone so PLEASE don't take any. The last thing we need is more arguments. I'd just like to see things improve a little here so we lose this reputation before it gets too bad.

darkness

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:52:22 PM »
no offence taken. I realise I've been a bit slack lately.

after a few forums members have disrespected me and people have got whiny over no events even though they are not paid up members, I kinda washed my hands of it for a while. Also because someone did a **** job of managing aucks member list.

anyhoo. I was thinking of bringing up the suggestion of adding someone else as administrator. Not sure where Brendon is at present. but it could probably be a bit of a help.
AFK.

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »
Yeah i tried PM'ing him but doesn't seem to have been here since August or so.

You wouldn't be able to sticky the SFoS topics would you or do you have an objection to that?

Unfortunately, once again, no-one is showing any interest in it which is kinda frustrating but oh well.

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:50:17 PM »
:(

This club needs help of some sort.

GTR Girl

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
A little complaint...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 08:13:06 AM »
Feel free to email me on the addy in my signature :)
Kylie

402kw!!!!

mrmeal

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »
Dude you gotta remember the number of people in sdu in that region is fairly minimal.  The ones that were down that way let SDU down big time when they decided to leave sdu and start Southern Skylines just before an Autosalon.  I for one was offering help from Auckland over that event, and was even prepared to fly down for the weekend and make a party of it all.  Heard nothing till the next thing we know we hear via TV that this so called group Southern Skylines was doing stuff down that way.  So understandable that not much responce here.  Not in regards to animosity though (well not in my case), more in regards to the numbers on here from that region is a lot lower than it was previously.  :)
If you try and don\'t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

---------------------------------------------------
http://nzhondas.com
http://www.rotarymotion.co.nz/forum/
Team Geezer

SkylineObsession

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 07:06:08 PM »
From my understanding the breakaway happened because it always took so long to get things done here (similar situation as now). Because everything had to have permission from someone higher up in the club hierachy (i can't spell :p) to do things like meets and stuff but ... yeah.
Apparently it took too long for the higher ranking person/s to get back to us Southerners so we broke away? If that isn't the situation i'm sorry, just how i understand it.

Just because we 'broke away' and formed our own club (to move things along a bit quicker) doesn't mean we are rivial clubs or anything which is why this is advertised as a combined SDU/SSE display. Because i never got any replies about whether people here were fine with that i just did it anyway.

:)

darkness

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
A little complaint...
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »
personally don't see a problem with it.

you've been here long enough we know you'll represent properly. I don't know who would have dealt with it. but hey we should work on responding a little better.
AFK.