Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: ......................  (Read 4165 times)

Chang

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Chang's New R32 Project Car
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 12:42:26 PM »
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:01:30 PM by Chang »

GTS4R

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
Just mask up the subframe.

bronzee

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »
Quote from: Chang
Hey Bronzee, I wonít be getting into heavy competition circuit racing, and for many reasons as the cost factor is just too high. Itíll be a car that will hopefully perform well on the circuit and I hope to compete in events such as Performance Car Super Lap.

Yeah, hear you on that one. Certainly is expensive.  Super Lap is pretty cool anyway!  Track 2 is FUN!!  Certainly a good test of driver skill.  ;)  Zeds have our major club track day there each year. Always something we look forward too.  

All your hard work will all be worth it come superlap.  :evil: :) :D

Sudo

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »
Lookin good man! Coupe lights rock
Check out the ZeroClearance BLOG
Or follow us on Facebook HERE

Chang

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »
Quote from: GTS4R
Just mask up the subframe.

Since the entire front end will be painted including wheel wells, I won’t be masking the subframe up as it’s going to get painted.

Quote from: bronzee
Yeah, hear you on that one. Certainly is expensive.  Super Lap is pretty cool anyway!  Track 2 is FUN!!  Certainly a good test of driver skill.  ;)  Zeds have our major club track day there each year. Always something we look forward too.  

All your hard work will all be worth it come superlap.  :evil: :) :D

Haha yea man, I unfortunately can’t afford to run thousands on just slick tyres.

But yea, I’m excited about the thought of going to Taupo raceway, never been there before. Lol

Quote from: Sudo
Lookin good man! Coupe lights rock

Thanks Sudo, maybe when I’m finished we can have a one on one race between the RX7 lol. But by looks of it your faaarrrrr more skilled on the track than me. Lol

Thanks for the comments guys.

bronzee

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
Haha yea man, I unfortunately can’t afford to run thousands on just slick tyres.

But yea, I’m excited about the thought of going to Taupo raceway, never been there before. Lol

I get some good deals via one of the tyre shops.  Send quite a few of the Zed crew there.  

You'll enjoy Taupo raceway!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:48:47 AM by bronzee »

Sudo

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

Thanks Sudo, maybe when Iím finished we can have a one on one race between the RX7 lol. But by looks of it your faaarrrrr more skilled on the track than me. Lol

Thanks for the comments guys.

Sounds good :P Always keen for track time.
Check out the ZeroClearance BLOG
Or follow us on Facebook HERE

Chang

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2007, 08:46:41 PM »
K, if you guys are wondering whys there's no progress or parts update is because. I’ve been really thinking about the projects future (AGAIN I know)

As much as I love it, the cars not a GOD DAM COUPE. Going back to my first post when the project started I was really disappointed that it wasn’t a coupe.

I really can’t be bothered to spend all this money on this car to be honest as it’s a sedan. My original plans were of course the wide body but after a quick quote from Japan the cheapest was $2k shipped (for rears only) where as the coupe wide body ones go for measly $5-600.

So now the projects on a halt temporarily until maybe I can find a rolling coupe shell.

Don’t worry the RB26de dream will never end (well maybe with this car) but it’ll carry on with the next car

If any of you want know of a decent rolling coupe let me know. Or if your keen on this shell pm me. I’ll let it go cheap (minus wheels of course)

Watch out for PART 2
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:53:28 AM by Chang »

Chang

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »

Garethappleby

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:29 AM »
Hey dont mean to steal the thunder. Thinking about doing an rb26de conversion into a 1984 fairlady z. can i just get a gtr rb26dett, strip off the turbo bits and replace with NA bits, change the pistons and gearbox and drop it in?
cheers

Ethan

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
lol this thread got necro'd, what happend to all of changs posts? what happend with this.

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
change left ...didnt want photos etc as he probly no longer owns the car ... took all his posts down i guess.