Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: sweet im not the new guy anymore!!  (Read 861 times)

.od

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
sweet im not the new guy anymore!!
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
Hey all im Odee, im 26 from Christchurch. Been interested in cars all my life with first 2 rwds being overpowered (for 16/17 yr old) Series 5 RX7's. Once I discovered that part time wage was never goin to maintain/upgrade rotaries i found a perfect solution and bought 92 GTST R32 M-SPEC Coupe. Was amazed with the lack of $$$ required and the ease of power improvements gained on these cars that I fell in love:o most mates soon followed! since, ive had 180sx, S14KS, which unfortunately both ended badly after which I gave my hobby a rest thinking I would grow outofit. Well I was wrong and I came out with negative side effects, with me buying a wrx wagon AUTO :laugh: I soon upgraded that to a 99 Turbo Forester which my mate called "Postman Pat meets Fast&Furious" lol so after finally accepting that id never be able to get away from my passion for cars and motor sport I thought I need to straighten my act up and get a real car. My partner was dead against this idea but soon realised that there was nothing she could do to change my mind of owning a peace of Japans Supercar History

and the result

recently imported 1989 BNR32 GTR Godzilla

I put on new disks and brake pads, high stop light and got the guys to try straiten those darn sills. Went through compliance needing cert, lower arm ball joint and repair cert for a bit of surface rust on the underbody

everythings now done apart from few minor rust repairs which they're starting on monday which should hopefully mean the car will be registered in a little over a week, because im finding it very hard with it sitting in the garage no to drive it lol.

lucky for me it came with a few goodies including a

*Brand new cat back 3 and half inch s/s exhaust
*Custom s/s front pipes with plumb back screamers
*Bigger FMIC
*Oil cooler with braided lines and HKS oil filter transfer kit
*Tomei ECU
*Tein Adjusties
*Nismo strut brace front and back
*Front caster arms
*Electronic boost adjustment
*Nismo speedo cluster
*Recaro bucket seat
*3 HKS in dash gauges

and im pretty sure the fuel pump has been upgraded because very noisy while pressurising

overall very happy with purchase and looking forward to (with your guys help) building up my dream car

will try and keep updating with pics

also is there many people in ChCh? would be keen to meet, go for cruises, exchange parts/ideas

thanks

p.s. forum looks great with loads of helpful technical info and a good bunch of guys
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:05:01 PM by .od »

NFMOUS_R33

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:34 PM »
nice mate. just outa curiosity wat was the cost of it all to ur door. haha gtr certainly couldnt go wrong with that choice :)
VTEC - Its like waiting for really really bad sex.

R33_400R

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
very nice car mate and welcome along :)
Ex President/Admin/Moderator

If You Can't Find It.....Grind It

"Player In Management Profession-------PIMP"

Tony@SkylinesDownUnder.Com

Looney_Head

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
wow welcome and very nice car :D good luck on getting it rego'd
god is just an imaginery friend for grown ups

Skyla

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
welcome to the forums, looks pretty mint how many K's has it done?
R33 GTS25, the 121rwkw 16 sec 1/4 mile whale snail

Taupo track 1, 1.56 (A1GP)
Taupo Track 2, 1.23
Taupo track 3, 47.89
Taupo track 4, 2.02
Manfeild, 1.30
Pukekohe, 1.17
Hampton Downs, 1.25

sixoneonesix

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
Holy sh!t I envy you so much. Very cliche but a black r32 gtr a.k.a bnr32 is my dream car. I wish!!!!

sikgtst28

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »
Sik liner dude.

.od

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 03:26:19 PM »
Quote from: NFMOUS_R33;494056
nice mate. just outa curiosity wat was the cost of it all to ur door. haha gtr certainly couldnt go wrong with that choice :)

it was 16k without doing brakes, stop light  and paying for compliance, cert etc  

theres a company in chch called yamato vehicle importers they bring in alot of gtr's, you can get a rough one maybe damaged guard or something for about 12k-13k or they can also fix it all up for you and probably charge 15k so you'd still have to do rotors and pads = $500, high stop light and pay all the compliance/cert fees or they can comply it for you but then you looking at min $21k:devil: depending on mods

.od

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »
Quote from: Skyla;494060
welcome to the forums, looks pretty mint how many K's has it done?

86k but foreign speedo so cant verify

once its back im going to do full service incl c/b w/p tensioners filters spark plugs etc. if it ever did blow up tho i think i would concider that a chance to gor for a 30 block:rolleyes:

it rides mint, i was quite amazed with the cornering ability and just the driving experience. blew me away

Ethan

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
welcome really nice car. i want to sell my skyline once its going and try get a bnr32.....

Skyla

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
Quote from: .od;494052

also is there many people in ChCh? would be keen to meet, go for cruises, exchange parts/ideas

There's a few people from down your way on the forums, you could try posting in this thread http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45698&page=7  and see how many people are keen for a meet.
unfortunately there's no active branch of SDU in the south island currently, but there is SSE (southern skyline enthusiasts) that could be worth while checking out there web site to see if there is any up coming meets.
R33 GTS25, the 121rwkw 16 sec 1/4 mile whale snail

Taupo track 1, 1.56 (A1GP)
Taupo Track 2, 1.23
Taupo track 3, 47.89
Taupo track 4, 2.02
Manfeild, 1.30
Pukekohe, 1.17
Hampton Downs, 1.25

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
Oh great another GTR i can be jealous of :P Haha welcome to the club and take care of that car!

.od

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »
cheers guys,

something interesting: i found my glove box had the back cut out and in fact there was a few things  i noticed that made me think this car may have had a decent set up like the intercooler piping was ugly steel pipe with welds and rough patches everywhere lucky my mate had some aluminium pipe left over that i have now replaced the steel pipe with, i was thinking they mite have pulled all the goodies off and fit it with what ever they had around? i mean why else would you change the standard pipework for ugly heavy patchy steel?

*Necessary_Evil*

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »
Hey welcome along, good to see more R's down here in the south!!!
R32 GT-R

ecozile

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
hate being the new guy!!
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
Mint R there mate... you will be one happy chappy once little things are sorted out.. don't drive hard core until you get use to it.

Nothing beats handling of a GTR

And you are right - it is a piece of Japanese Super Car History