Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: ***15/10/10 photos***  (Read 2793 times)

sixoneonesix

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 635
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »
Quote from: samos69;513810
All bugeyes have the mount points for the gtr grill, makes life easy :)


Lol I was referring to Nvied101's car... he has the n1 style headlights just wondering if he brought genuine ones or if he has mounted the grill another way :)

samos69

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1806
    • View Profile
    • http://
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
Quote from: sixoneonesix;513814
Lol I was referring to Nvied101's car... he has the n1 style headlights just wondering if he brought genuine ones or if he has mounted the grill another way :)


Yep, I know what you were asking :)

You don't need N1's to mount the grill, they'll mount to any bugeye headlight the same N1 or not.
Sam

Beginning build phase S1DWYZ MkII in progress.


BADHAB|T

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 4843
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
Quote from: samos69;513826
Yep, I know what you were asking :)

You don't need N1's to mount the grill, they'll mount to any bugeye headlight the same N1 or not.

Nvied doesn't have bugeye headlights....
N1 = Non bugeye (for a GTR)
But unlike all other non bugeye R32 headlight, the N1 has tabs on the side to mount a GTR grille to

Pics of his car to clear up confustion :)
http://skylinesdownunder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59236

samos69

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1806
    • View Profile
    • http://
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
:homer: got it... it's been a long day :p
Sam

Beginning build phase S1DWYZ MkII in progress.


D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 09:15:45 AM »
mean pics ... nice work ...

looked like a wicked meet ! shame my car didnt have a WOF!! was hell keen to show up and do the meet and greet.

awsome.

NVIED101

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 735
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »
Quote from: sixoneonesix;513798
Wow this is an awesome meet! Nvied101 are those genuine n1 headlights or have you  used normal ones and mounted your grill there some how?


My grill is made out of fibreglass moulded on to steel and bolted on to the intercooler. Not attached to the ligthts at all. Very solid as they tend to go missing every now and than lol :)

I have a slight mod to them as well doing the iner black. Will put some pics up later :)
[SIZE=10][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NSMO

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
Dick, I was joking about name tags but the photo thread is a good idea!

R32ONP

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »
sorry for seeming like the dumb guy here but nvied did u pull apart ur lights and black the insides out?? if sooo i sooooo wana know how to do it bro!!!
Steer from the rear ..... Drop it like its hot !!!

NVIED101

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 735
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »
Quote from: DRFERO;513903
sorry for seeming like the dumb guy here but nvied did u pull apart ur lights and black the insides out?? if sooo i sooooo wana know how to do it bro!!!


lol ... no pics are up yet of it ... ill show you guys how it looks and than if your still keen i may do a write up on it. Its very simple but youll have to be careful.

to me it looks mint :) but the bug eye ones look better as you can black out more without affecting the headlights as per the red gtr pic.
[SIZE=10][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R32ONP

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »
aww yes id love to see a pic...and is simons GTR got the same mod to blacken them out cos his look sooo sick...i too have bug eyes
Steer from the rear ..... Drop it like its hot !!!

skidMark

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1857
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »
Quote from: NSMO;513902
Dick, I was joking about name tags but the photo thread is a good idea!


I was trying to figure out where you were going with it captain serious...

you just seem so sensible so its the kinda of crap i expected you to pull
Every site needs a token bogan:

Quote from: gts-4r;541051
hit it with a hammer if it still doesn\'t work then its an electrical problem.

NSMO

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
Haha you are on another level bro...

I'm going to start a thread for us new people :)

R32ONP

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1213
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »
nvied are u gona chuck up some pics or info about headlights?
Steer from the rear ..... Drop it like its hot !!!

sixoneonesix

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 635
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
... tons of people have painted insides I half wrote a thread I think?

Method: Oven pre heat to 180 put your lights EXCLUDING light bulbs on tin foil then put them in and leave until the silicone is soft enough

Or: Use a heat gun - way better and do the same thing

once lights apart take the light surround and sand it back, primer it with heat spray paint and your chosen colour heat spray paint.

Let it dry, make sure all the old silicone is off the lights, put some new stuff on and stick together.

D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
***15/10/10 photos***
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »
Quote from: sixoneonesix;514183
... tons of people have painted insides I half wrote a thread I think?

Method: Oven pre heat to 180 put your lights EXCLUDING light bulbs on tin foil then put them in and leave until the silicone is soft enough

Or: Use a heat gun - way better and do the same thing

once lights apart take the light surround and sand it back, primer it with heat spray paint and your chosen colour heat spray paint.

Let it dry, make sure all the old silicone is off the lights, put some new stuff on and stick together.


indeed you have .... forum search would be the way to go Brad