Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Exec Intro  (Read 1090 times)

R33_400R

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Exec Intro
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
Greetings Fellow SDU’ers

Someone suggested to me I should introduce myself with a more detailed thread for the few who don’t know me and know what I’m about.

Well i thought it would be a good idea so people can know who is running for SDU president.

To start off with a bit about me: My name is Tony I’m basically 24 years old (28th Nov) and i have loved skylines since i can remember, I done my trade in Machining and Tool Making and specialized in Race Component Manufacturing, I have since moved on from that, and yes I miss it, and now I’m a sales rep for a company that sells all the engineering tools I was using in my trade.

Now to the Nitti Gritty, The reason I’m Challenging Dayna (RB_NURSE) is from what i have seen in my couple of years involved with SDU is that the club is not reaching its full potential and i believe i can change that, as long as i have your support and a great committee behind me, I would like to raise the club back to what it was like when i 1st heard about it before i had my licence, a family Car Club that is a small New Zealand community, one where we can do motorsport and car related events, like Dyno Days, Track Days, Show ‘N’ Shines and such but also hold days where you can bring your kids and such for a BBQ lunch and few beach/park games and so on.

I have already been working very very hard to help lift the club and from what i can see its already made a huge difference, Dyno Day that had member travel from Whangerai to Tauranga, where SDU has now got the Record at that company for the most cars on the dyno in 1 day and a 1st for that company was a dyno day with prizes, as well as New Zealand Performance Car feature.

In this I would also like to announce that i have just secured from RPMSNZ free Memberships to give away, 1 every month to all paid members, as well as free memberships for prizes at events we hold.
Also in my time involved with SDU I secured Cockram Nissan and Moonlight Racing as club sponsors offering us prizes for events as well as member discounts.

And last but not least i want to Thank you all for having a read over this and hope it has helped you get to know me better and what i want to accomplish with-in SDU, also I want to wish Dayna the best of luck in this race

Thanks Guys
Tony :)
Ex President/Admin/Moderator

If You Can't Find It.....Grind It

"Player In Management Profession-------PIMP"

Tony@SkylinesDownUnder.Com

RB-NURSE

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Exec Intro
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »
Hi guys and gals

I was not going to put anything up in here – but it seems that I have to explain what I am about for those who don’t know me.

Most of you know who I am, but for those of you who don’t here I go.
I am 24 years of age and work as a Registered Nurse in Hamilton. I got introduced to the car scene and more specifically skylines too many years ago now to remember, by a friend.  This was when I was living and studying in Auckland and became involved with SDU. Initially I became a member after attending a show and shine, and then proceeded to get more involved with events and memberships, before joining the Auckland committee.

After some time, my studies brought me back to Hamilton, but I was very disappointed that SDU had no action happening within the Waikato and greater region. So off I set on my mission: To re-establish the Waikato/BOP region of SDU. And off it went with a big bang.  With successful monthly meets, events, shows and cruises, it has been an amazing journey. This journey has allowed me to meet, mingle and get to know fellow SDU’ers from throughout NZ, which is great to be able to work together and integrate ideas.  Along the way the culture and focus of SDU and its members has changed. The population base has also changed, and with this meant that the thinking of the SDU committee had to change as well.  The recession has taken its toll on the entire can enthusiasts’ scene. People did not want to travel to events and meets because of the cost of petrol, the newer and younger enthusiasts wanted burn outs and drags, some are interested in track days, and others want to be able to catch up, mingle and have fun together, no matter what they were doing.

For me SDU is a family, we have members and followers who have been around for longer than I can remember, and it is important to me to keep these people involved, as they have a lot of knowledge, skill and dedication to their cars and to helping out others. SDU is about its members, I do not carry out my role to get thanks or to get paid, I do what I do because I love seeing others getting together, having fun, supporting and embracing each other’s knowledge and seeing everyone sharing their same passions.

I pride myself to be honest, reliable and hard working. Along with that comes my can-do and no-nonsense attitude. With this belief in mind, is where my strong community spirit comes in. Such as the recent car wash that was held in Hamilton. An event designed to show the public and greater region that we are not just a bunch of ‘hoons in cars’ or ‘boy racers’, but we are out there doing good things for our community.  

I cannot sit back and take money from our members and see them get nothing in return – they deserve the best from the club – YOU deserve the best from YOUR club.  Each club is only as good as its members .  Each member taking responsibility to ensure they get the most out of their club is also important.  Equally important, is knowing that as a member, you do get benefits.  Benefits like prizes at events/shows/meets, and the opportunity to received discounts from sponsors, that are not open for the general public or forums members, but there is more to SDU than these perks though, and I will show you these things through my honesty, integrity, trust and belief in the club and what I am doing for it.

I don’t want to keep rambling on – if you have taken in anything from this blurb – it should be that I am a strong, determined and dedicated member of SDU, with a can-do, no-nonsense attitude towards everything, and will continue to do all that I can to make SDU the best, friendliest, fun, family orientated and member driven club.

See you all around at AGM or other events/meets in the near future. :)

koschak

• SDU Executive
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Exec Intro
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »
Do we need this thread aymore?

Harley

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • WD - No bullshit ISP
Exec Intro
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
Moved, it doesnt need to be there

live4liners

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Exec Intro
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
erm, im not so sure i should be able to see this guys :S

ONS2HU

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Exec Intro
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
well just want to point out i knew alex from mlracing first!! and said he shud huk us up with the deals haha

my 2c
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

Harley

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • WD - No bullshit ISP
Exec Intro
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
****ing **** ****

Harley

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • WD - No bullshit ISP
Exec Intro