Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Anyone seen...  (Read 5286 times)

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
There is a cefiro driving around the north shore and wants $1100 for it, anyone know who owns it or anything? Need to get in contact ASAP

Redbush

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
my mate picked it up tonight. well he went today just got home talked him down to $700 he said scary trip home dead rego and no warrent since 2008 but had rb20det in it.

Ethan

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »
awww gutz boostinz.....

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:31 AM »
Quote from: D3ALN;518593
my mate picked it up tonight. well he went today just got home talked him down to $700 he said scary trip home dead rego and no warrent since 2008 but had rb20det in it.

NO DONT LIE

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:14 AM »
id say probly not the same car

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »
Quote from: D1LEMA;518622
id say probly not the same car

Yep agreed, the one I saw was auto and had shopping bags hanging off the gearknob!

npk

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;518627
Yep agreed, the one I saw was auto and had shopping bags hanging off the gearknob!

Quote from: b00stinz;518627
was auto

wtf why would you want that, it's going to cost you a tonne to just get it into a skidpig..

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »
Its not a skidpig, i need a daily driver so I can start ripping mine to bits and upgrading it. I just dont want to drive around something like a corolla etc

npk

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;518629
Its not a skidpig, i need a daily driver so I can start ripping mine to bits and upgrading it. I just dont want to drive around something like a corolla etc

But that seems crazy, it's going to cost you more to upkeep than a Corolla, be less reliable, be heavier on fuel, set you back more for insurance.. Get a old crappy Corolla or Pulsar/Bluebird

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »
Quote from: npk;518630
But that seems crazy, it's going to cost you more to upkeep than a Corolla, be less reliable, be heavier on fuel, set you back more for insurance.. Get a old crappy Corolla or Pulsar/Bluebird

I dont think the cef will cost me around a hundred a week on fuel, be hard to insure and be unreliable, i know my way around RBs now and can fix whatever comes up quite easy and cheap parts through work suppliers so im sorted.

Rather have a cef thats done 200k+ with an old lady/mum/grandpa than a pulsar with 180ks thats been driven by some young prick

npk

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:52 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;518632
I dont think the cef will cost me around a hundred a week on fuel, be hard to insure and be unreliable, i know my way around RBs now and can fix whatever comes up quite easy and cheap parts through work suppliers so im sorted.

Rather have a cef thats done 200k+ with an old lady/mum/grandpa than a pulsar with 180ks thats been driven by some young prick

Just because a Cefs most recent owner is a old person doesn't mean it was owned by a old person previously.

Cefiros going to be atleast a 2L SOHC I6 which is infinitely harder on fuel than a Corolla/Bluebird

Also, if it's at 200,000kms it's due for a timing belt change.

And it will cost significantly more to insure. I insured my Integra with a crash history for half what I used to insure the Skyline for. And i lost my 60% no claims.

And I'm not talking about the engine, more like suspension and body parts. Japanese cars are only built to last 200,000-250,000kms. Then **** starts going unreliable.

Plus there are ****loads of cheap bluebirds, civics, familias, pulsars which have been owned by old people and only done highway miles etc for cheap. It's a daily driver lol why would you need a Cefiro

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »
Quote from: npk;518634
Just because a Cefs most recent owner is a old person doesn't mean it was owned by a old person previously.

Cefiros going to be atleast a 2L SOHC I6 which is infinitely harder on fuel than a Corolla/Bluebird

Also, if it's at 200,000kms it's due for a timing belt change.

And it will cost significantly more to insure. I insured my Integra with a crash history for half what I used to insure the Skyline for. And i lost my 60% no claims.

And I'm not talking about the engine, more like suspension and body parts. Japanese cars are only built to last 200,000-250,000kms. Then **** starts going unreliable.

Plus there are ****loads of cheap bluebirds, civics, familias, pulsars which have been owned by old people and only done highway miles etc for cheap. It's a daily driver lol why would you need a Cefiro

Why would an old person buy a cefiro off a young kid? Most old customers that come into work have had their old cars from nz new or only like 2 owners.

Trust me you cant convince me on an RB20E being harder on fuel than a 25DE+T running rich as hell or my first RB20DE that got 200km to a full tank.

Timing belt can be done easy, and yes suspension and stuff wears out but once again thats easy to correct. How much is a set of 2nd hand shocks or new bushes? Not much. Plus its not a track car or anything, its something to get me from A to B so i dont need hardout handling or anything.

I need a cefiro because I dont want to drive something other than another skyline or cef, just because I love em, plus who doesnt want two nissan RWDs in their driveway

npk

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;518635
Why would an old person buy a cefiro off a young kid? Most old customers that come into work have had their old cars from nz new or only like 2 owners.

Trust me you cant convince me on an RB20E being harder on fuel than a 25DE+T running rich as hell or my first RB20DE that got 200km to a full tank.

Timing belt can be done easy, and yes suspension and stuff wears out but once again thats easy to correct. How much is a set of 2nd hand shocks or new bushes? Not much. Plus its not a track car or anything, its something to get me from A to B so i dont need hardout handling or anything.

I need a cefiro because I dont want to drive something other than another skyline or cef, just because I love em, plus who doesnt want two nissan RWDs in their driveway

What about from Japan? You don't know the car history. One of my previous owners for my 33 was a young chick, she had a personalised plate like Barbie or something. Then she sold it to a dealership and it went to the guy I bought it off. So it's fully possible if it went through a dealership.

Wait what, you just said a 20DE got 200km to a full tank but you want a 20E?! I was saying a 20E IS A **** TONNE HARDER THAN A COROLLA/BLUEBIRD. Like this.. Your Skyline < RB20E Cefiro < Corolla < Bluebird

getit?

Bushes aren't easy to fix, plus once again, you're going to have to have it off the road for a few days, which means it's really kind of redundant and just going to be a money pit. Timing belts aren't easy, you've got to have the motor out. Nissan Bluebirds are chain driven and a BILLION times easier (0 > 10 hours)

Silly mentality, you're dicking yourself so that you look cool while you daily drive a boganmobile (no offense to those Cefiro owners out there, just a Cefiro with a 20DET, huge front mount, D2 coilies and a Vertex bodykit is just way too common in ChCh/West Auckland :P) to work and back every day. It's a daily driver, nobodys going to see it.

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »
wow novels much ...

end of the day is boostinz cash etc, do with it what he pleases

npk

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
Anyone seen...
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »