Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: RB25de+t PROBLEMS HELP!!! please  (Read 704 times)

Paulp

• RB20E
    • View Profile
RB25de+t PROBLEMS HELP!!! please
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
Hey guys
My brother has a rb25de+t in his cef. It has a wierd problem that we cannot figure out. It idles bad, but when you put your foot down the engine bogs and doesnt rev up, when you take your foot off the accelrator it revs up. Its like a delayed reaction. put your foot down - does mothing, take your foot off and it gives a rev... we have replaced : AFM,coil packs,ignitor, tps, cam sensor, and ecu. Nothing made a difference.  If anyone has a clue please speel...Have checked TDC and it is correct. Timing is set at 15 degrees.Thankyou everyone for any help!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:34:06 AM by Paulp »

R33_400R

• Administrator
  • RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
hey mate

good idea to post a hello before leaching here, people get rather touchy about that, but welcome along.

next thing to try is to clean the ACC valve, i think from mem there is a how too do in the how too area.

have a look and give it a clean, if not maybe the cold start valve needs replacing (under the plemum)

Cheers
Ex President/Admin/Moderator

If You Can't Find It.....Grind It

"Player In Management Profession-------PIMP"

Tony@SkylinesDownUnder.Com

Paulp

• RB20E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
Sorry bout that mate,  bit rude of me.
Hello everyone so today we blocked off the hoses that go to the idle control valve and the cold start thingy. It is still doing the same thing. Another strange thing that it does is that when you unplug the airflow meter it runs properly! it revs normally. Thankyou for the reply, wondering if anyone knows anything about that? thanks for any help.