Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: skids and burn-outs  (Read 5883 times)

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Quote from: RB30DET-R30;532261
Maybe you need to adjust the people you hang with? I duno maybe I am? are we that simple that we have to drag race in a strait line to see whos the fastest or that simple we want to go around and around a track for fun?

Like i said mate im not attacking your opinions at all, Im making a generalisation, it just seems the majority of guys my age have this almost compulsive thing with a cars wheels spinning faster than its forward speed... Its just something I snapped out of when i lost my licence and blew my 32 up, you tend to grow up and put things into perspective after that, at least i know i did... That and i like to think my R30 is getting a much better life under my ownership than it did previously...

And at the end of the day i suppose its all down to the individual, going fast round corners appeals to me, going fast in a straight line to others, going nowhere with clouds of smoke pouring off your tires to others again, personally it aint my thing.
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

live4liners

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2011, 12:38:28 AM »
lockable yet? this has turned to ****.
some skids are illegal. it is assumed that everybody here stays out of any action illegal.
however we are all enthusiasts for plenty of different reasons, be it skids or else.
some people build these engines for skids, some for dyno runs, car shows, you name it, they dont all aggree on what the other does with the engine, with the car, tyres, paint. but theyre all here because we all like skylines.
accept the fact that not everybody here shares the same view as everybody else or ill start a religion thread :D

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2011, 12:46:54 AM »
Quote from: AGRORB;532265
Like i said mate im not attacking your opinions at all, Im making a generalisation, it just seems the majority of guys my age have this almost compulsive thing with a cars wheels spinning faster than its forward speed... Its just something I snapped out of when i lost my licence and blew my 32 up, you tend to grow up and put things into perspective after that, at least i know i did... That and i like to think my R30 is getting a much better life under my ownership than it did previously...

And at the end of the day i suppose its all down to the individual, going fast round corners appeals to me, going fast in a straight line to others, going nowhere with clouds of smoke pouring off your tires to others again, personally it aint my thing.

Thats cool I never said you were! I have also done a few silly things in the past but nearly all of it was before I hit 19 thats when I realised its so stupid and even dangerous doing it on the streets. Yes defanatly comes down to the idividual fully and dont get me wrong I dont just do skids!!! far from it! my passion is drifting I live it every day in one way or another, also drag racing is an interest mainly for the mechanical side of things not really the driving side and track racing other than time attack is painfully boring to watch but loads of fun to be driving in.
As you can see im into using my car at every point I can! and keeping it in perfect condidition an driving it like a nana being scared of breaking things does not appeal to me.
Good to know you have a R30 as so do I and cant wait to see yours finnished(lol and mine)
Im getting there slowly at the moment

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »
Quote from: live4liners;532266
lockable yet? this has turned to ****.
some skids are illegal. it is assumed that everybody here stays out of any action illegal.
however we are all enthusiasts for plenty of different reasons, be it skids or else.
some people build these engines for skids, some for dyno runs, car shows, you name it, they dont all aggree on what the other does with the engine, with the car, tyres, paint. but theyre all here because we all like skylines.
accept the fact that not everybody here shares the same view as everybody else or ill start a religion thread :D

Hope not if so the mods are just being stupid! only a couple of posts arint really up to standard! Im puting my view out there because I disagree with a few peoples ideas so I shouldnt be sensored for that right??

And im a car lover/enthusiast/guy/mechanic I enjoy my cars for all sorts not just one thing like some people here seem to be like!

AGRORB

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »
Yeah, i'd say most people on here view drifting differently to just ''skids'' though, which was the original topic,  drifting is an established motorsport and while the odd burnouts all part of it, those cars are built for what they do, at least most are, hell if I still had my GTS25 i'd be at track days and events like driftopia every chance I got, I just know my car would be taking a beating in the process which is all part and parcel of what we do, I just dont think a lot of folk see that side of it, which is sorta frustrating and again comes back to the peer pressure issue, guarenteed its happened to almost everyone who's an SDU member. The real issue I have, as before mentioned, is the folk doing it on the streets with what was at one time, a mint car, I mean how many times are you seeing stacked S15's and the like in the papers?
Truck drivers - We go ALL night.

BWARP.NET.NZ | BLOG | FORUM | SHOP

Quote from: ibb&;559471
I\'d drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a CB radio

Quote from: nathan1017;591767
giving the knob to sdu.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

live4liners

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »
what are teh downsides to doing skids? was the OPs original question.
im sure its been covered. there was never even any mention of doing it on the roads in his post. its not about whos oppinion is what anymore, its the fact there is nothing in here to do with what he wanted to know past page 1.

RB30DET-R30

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2011, 01:03:57 AM »
Yeah I would hope they do but i have never said nor implyed drifting is skids in anyway I just mentioned before that even they do skids and enjoy it!
Yeap I dont have a car that goes(and is suitable for drifting etc) but go to every event I can get to like on Saturday when I was helping my mate out at a Drift Motorsport NZ day at Taupo.
Yes but not only S15's/Skylines etc that crash if you look around

Lethal300

• RB20DET
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;532260
I find it funny that people say their car loses traction without them wanting to and its not some 1000hp GTR.

If its so hard to drive without skidding your wheels, stay in one gear higher than you normally would. Fixed.

Actually its probably more drivable a 1000hp skyline GTR + its 4wd. Due to lag and not making any power till higher up the rev range. So a 250hp Skyline GTS-T would probably lose more traction at a lower RPM.

You should take a ride in my mates supra that thing it terrible in the rain due to heavy spring rates and stiff damper also with high PSI in the tyres. Anything off camber roads, steep inclines and it spins 2nd with light feathering on hills too if hes stopped and has to pull away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
She may be a devil, but I still love her.
Akio Asakura (Wangan Midnight)

gtsr

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:05 AM »
R32 GTS-T Skyline when hard launched, used for drifting usually breaks halfshaft's (same problem on Silvia's), propshaft joints, rear gearbox mount, exhaust studs (first and last on stock exhaust manifold), viscous LSD (becomes a single spinner on passenger side of diffhead). Also can weaken bushes in subframe, arms, etc

Upgraded driveshaft's (not cheap), Nismo or aftermarket mechanical LSD, solid rear gearbox mount + upgraded engine mounts (or engine damper in engine bay), flexi joint in exhaust, upgraded bushes should help to solve the above problems.

Skid pad / pan at Hampton Downs looks like alot of fun in a R32 Skyline with RB30DET -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJBt3DmObs

:D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:32:40 AM by gtsr »

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »
Quote from: RB30DET-R30;532252
sounds like your peers are complete dickheads.

Didn't bother reading the entire post because it's obvious your English comprehension is poor at best/you're a complete idiot.

They're not my peers, in fact, I've never met them before in my life and they're still like "OH DO A SKEED AU BRO"
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Skyla

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
skids and burn-outs
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
closed and moved here after I received a email, seems the same people are at the heart of each complaint, think it time for a another reminder about forum edicate.
R33 GTS25, the 121rwkw 16 sec 1/4 mile whale snail

Taupo track 1, 1.56 (A1GP)
Taupo Track 2, 1.23
Taupo track 3, 47.89
Taupo track 4, 2.02
Manfeild, 1.30
Pukekohe, 1.17
Hampton Downs, 1.25