Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Fuel surge tank setup  (Read 5277 times)

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »
How hot does the fuel in the return line get?

I wouldn't mind going for the denso, saves me having to worry about fuel pump again if I plan to do any more mods. Fuel pump is just one of those things ill lose a lot of money on if I were to sell it when upgrading to a bigger one, might as well do it first time round.

Anyone know what brand fuel pump is in the 20DET from factory?

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 11:36:20 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;538707
How hot does the fuel in the return line get?

I wouldn't mind going for the denso, saves me having to worry about fuel pump again if I plan to do any more mods. Fuel pump is just one of those things ill lose a lot of money on if I were to sell it when upgrading to a bigger one, might as well do it first time round.

Anyone know what brand fuel pump is in the 20DET from factory?

Bosch 040 are good to 500hp. Unless you're going to be pulling the 20DET out and replacing it with a 25/26/30 monster then you're never going to get near that. And if you're doing that, the last of your worries will be a 400$ fuel pump.

Save your money and put it towards something of use.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 11:45:20 PM »
Too late hahaha

Ultimategtr

Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:29 AM »
What did you end up buying?

EDIT - Here is the link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Fuel-systems/auction-365629302.htm

60psi 305lph 11.5amps 14v - Thats what you would get if you run a new feed to the pump. Your one runs at around 14.4v right? So even if you ran 15psi, it will be around 58-60psi rail pressure.. delivers around 305L, not bad eh? My nismo does only i think 286L @ 60psi or so.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:09:49 AM by Ultimategtr »

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
Quote from: Ultimategtr;538715

Whaddya think? The most expensive one for maximum 'rep'.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Quote from: Ultimategtr;538715

EDIT - Here is the link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Fuel-systems/auction-365629302.htm

60psi 305lph 11.5amps 14v - Thats what you would get if you run a new feed to the pump. Your one runs at around 14.4v right? So even if you ran 15psi, it will be around 58-60psi rail pressure.. delivers around 305L, not bad eh? My nismo does only i think 286L @ 60psi or so.

Im paying off a denso one :) I havent checked what my fuel pump voltage is at the moment but it is quite loud when car is on ACC, could mean its permanently grounded. Will have to check before I install the new pump.

Quote from: ibb&;538716
Whaddya think? The most expensive one for maximum 'rep'.

Buy a cheap one- Get sh*t for it for being cheap and/or its drawbacks.

Buy the denso one- Get sh*t for it because I want 'rep'

Ill just keep stock fuel pump?

:hawaii:

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;538751
Im paying off a denso one :) I havent checked what my fuel pump voltage is at the moment but it is quite loud when car is on ACC, could mean its permanently grounded. Will have to check before I install the new pump.

Buy a cheap one- Get sh*t for it for being cheap and/or its drawbacks.

Buy the denso one- Get sh*t for it because I want 'rep'

Ill just keep stock fuel pump?

:hawaii:

I don't think you'd ever get crap for buying a decent Bosch..
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
Nothing wrong with the denso one either

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
Quote from: b00stinz;538756
Nothing wrong with the denso one either

Except being silly expensive and complete overkill
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;538758
Except being silly expensive and complete overkill

I could say having an RB25DET with 26 internals, adjustables and high flowed turbo is is complete overkill for driving less than 5ks to the bus station and back everyday during rush hour traffic.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:47 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;538761
I could say having an RB25DET with 26 internals, adjustables and high flowed turbo is is complete overkill for driving less than 5ks to the bus station and back everyday during rush hour traffic.

You're the one with the enormous ricer bodykit.

And I forgot I don't drive it on the weekend.

Along with the fact that all of those have actual gains..
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Quote from: ibb&;538764
You're the one with the enormous ricer bodykit.

And I forgot I don't drive it on the weekend.

Along with the fact that all of those have actual gains..

Whine whine whine whine

Am I on aircraft engines downunder or is that the sound of you being a little b!tch.

We don't need to argue about this stuff. Make fun of my car all out want. Im building it with a few goals in mind and getting it ready for track use.
I love my 'ricer' bodykit.
 I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say it someone in D1NZ with their 'ricer' kits :)

Sorry I cant afford 15k or whatever for a ready built car. If yours is so great why don't you drive it on a track or at an event like it was built to be. Pretty sure adjustables were mainly designed for track use not so you can drive through town with your whales a$$ dragging on the ground.

Its just a f*cking fuel pump! At the end of the day its going to pump more fuel than what my last one did and it wont even have to work as hard as the cheaper ones, which is good for its service life.

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »
WooooooooOOOOOooooooo chill boys ... sh1t

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;538768
Whine whine whine whine

Am I on aircraft engines downunder or is that the sound of you being a little b!tch.

We don't need to argue about this stuff. Make fun of my car all out want. Im building it with a few goals in mind and getting it ready for track use.
I love my 'ricer' bodykit.
 I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say it someone in D1NZ with their 'ricer' kits :)

Sorry I cant afford 15k or whatever for a ready built car. If yours is so great why don't you drive it on a track or at an event like it was built to be. Pretty sure adjustables were mainly designed for track use not so you can drive through town with your whales a$$ dragging on the ground.

Its just a f*cking fuel pump! At the end of the day its going to pump more fuel than what my last one did and it wont even have to work as hard as the cheaper ones, which is good for its service life.

Me whining? Where? You're the one who's having a massive winge.

Say it to D1NZ guys? But theres is real and actually goes to use. C's Garage BN Sports kit is proof of that, and it looks good too.

Drive it on the track? I have no interest in track hacking a daily driven car with 400$ea rear tyres etc.

And, no, you're wrong. These are BC Golds which are the STREET use version. You're mistaking them for the reds which are for track use. Dragging on the ground? You have worse ground clearance than me, I just manage to pull of the fitment at the moment. You're just the typical Skyline hoon who thinks he's going to track it, spends thousands setting it up then never takes it anywhere over 100km/h bar the average motorway onramp. I took a different direction, not all about driving it hard. Form over function. Only reason I have a turbo is because of the typical goofball like you who goes "AU IS IT TURBO?" "DO A SKID AU" "WANNA RACE ON A MOTORWAY ONRAMP AU?"

Stay classy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:45:43 PM by ibb& »
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Fuel surge tank setup
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
Quote from: ibb&;538775
Me whining? Where? You're the one who's having a massive winge.

Say it to D1NZ guys? But theres is real and actually goes to use. C's Garage BN Sports kit is proof of that, and it looks good too.

Drive it on the track? I have no interest in track hacking a daily driven car with 400$ea rear tyres etc.

And, no, you're wrong. These are BC Golds which are the STREET use version. You're mistaking them for the reds which are for track use. Dragging on the ground? You have worse ground clearance than me, I just manage to pull of the fitment at the moment. You're just the typical Skyline hoon who thinks he's going to track it, spends thousands setting it up then never takes it anywhere over 100km/h bar the average motorway onramp. I took a different direction, not all about driving it hard. Form over function. Only reason I have a turbo is because of the typical goofball like you who goes "AU IS IT TURBO?" "DO A SKID AU" "WANNA RACE ON A MOTORWAY ONRAMP AU?"

Stay classy.

Few practical kits used for drifting and then the hundreds of others that are just plain fiberglass for looks. Don't quote one and assume it applies for everything else.

All I hear is you go on and on about your tyres. You pay $400 for each for such awesome handling but you never actually get much use of your formidable grip.
Just like you admitted the reason for having a turbo, looks like you have the tyres so you can brag about them or so others dont give you sh*t for having something that isn't 'cool'.

I have not once asked people do "do a skid au" or anything like you have said. Making sh*t up once again like you quoting what my friends say.

I can keep my car in its lane at 100kph with cheap $100 tyres just like you can with you $400 tyres, if im not driving like a retard.

Whatever adjustables you have. They are mainly designed for track use. One does not have as harsh a ride as the other so after your track day, you can once again drive home without the rock hard suspension of a track car.

Well done on taking form over function. You do that, with your stretched as bro 235s on a 9" rim.

I am not a typical skyline hoon who says he is going to track it then doesn't. The difference between me and the idiot who buys an R32 off another clown then takes it to hampton the next day, blows it up then tows it home is that mine will do a day out then get me home no worries. It takes time. It takes money, both of which I don't have lots of because im a student.

Stop starting arguments with people all the time and shoving your opinions down others throats. There are so many others on here who could school you but instead keep their mouths shut and have a laugh at your BS.

Im not going to bother replying to anything you say after this.

CBF W/E IDC STFU.