Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11  (Read 17713 times)

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:12 AM »
pretty hard to break the speed limit stuck behind that

ONS2HU

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1650
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;561311
pretty hard to break the speed limit stuck behind that


haha be nice to aschala heees my fwwweeeeend
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

b00stinz

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 5819
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »

con-air

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;561452
Guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IniZ2tgR7Zs

jiiiizz


Haha you have some funny vids on your youtube page, little johnny one: 'yo **** yo' i lold.

b00stinz

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 5819
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
Quote from: con-air;561457
Haha you have some funny vids on your youtube page, little johnny one: 'yo **** yo' i lold.


Haha yeah that lil johnny one is crackup, as I've said before- Half on NZs car culture in one video.

gtsr

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 9390
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Awesome, congrats (dyno results). :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:27:32 PM by gtsr »

koschak

  • SDU Executive
  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 707
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
Me thinks a change in fuel to Gull may be in order. I picked up a bad batch of BP Ultimate from Drury as did Chevron that morning! I was expecting to crack 400kw but it was not to be. I couldn't run more than 20psi before detonation issues. I also note from the dyno plot the ratio used was 4.2 instead of 4.11?

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
i questioned the ratio thing as well, he said it was because he adjusted the ratios so that the target test speed matched in both the car and dyno and that the "final drive" printeed on the sheet was some kind of mix between gear and fiff, unless i understood him wrong, coz theres no way the gloria was running a 5.7 diff, she's perky but not that perky

SafT

  • RB20E
  • *
  • Posts: 49
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
What gear was the Gloria run in?

That's an overall drive ratio but assuming you run an r32/33 in 4th it should match diff ratio

SafT

  • RB20E
  • *
  • Posts: 49
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
I assume the gloria wasn't run in a 1:1 gear anyway

Pandaemonaeon

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 969
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
I know mine was run in 4th at 4.1 instead of 4.11 which would make around 1% difference maybe lol
pure methamphatamachine

Team Sleeper

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »
Quote from: koschak;561558
Me thinks a change in fuel to Gull may be in order. I picked up a bad batch of BP Ultimate from Drury as did Chevron that morning! I was expecting to crack 400kw but it was not to be. I couldn't run more than 20psi before detonation issues. I also note from the dyno plot the ratio used was 4.2 instead of 4.11?

I too ran a tank of fuel from BP Drury.. hm

Probably not bad enough for me to run that lean tho
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
Quote from: SafT;561570
What gear was the Gloria run in?

That's an overall drive ratio but assuming you run an r32/33 in 4th it should match diff ratio


whatever the hell gear it wanted, im pretty sure that was infact what he was whinging about and why the power was lower (he reckoned it'd show another 10 to 20kw more if it would hold gear and or change properly)

SafT

  • RB20E
  • *
  • Posts: 49
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Pandaemonaeon;561573
I know mine was run in 4th at 4.1 instead of 4.11 which would make around 1% difference maybe lol


I always assumed the r33 25t's had 4.3 diffs :o

SafT

  • RB20E
  • *
  • Posts: 49
    • View Profile
SDU Dyno Day 30/7/11
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;561588
whatever the hell gear it wanted, im pretty sure that was infact what he was whinging about and why the power was lower (he reckoned it'd show another 10 to 20kw more if it would hold gear and or change properly)


4 speed auto?

I'm sure you can put them in snow mode and engage 2nd and they hold the gear.