Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Business to avoid (name to come)  (Read 1370 times)

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Business to avoid (name to come)
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
I will be posting how angry I am on every forum I am on as well as there facebook and my own

This business promised me something and did not deliver they have until tomorrow lunch time to contact me and resolve this issue otherwise I will be passing the word around that they should be avoided at all costs unless you have no other choice

Mods I am not trying to bad mouth anyone I just want to put out my expirence with a local business in order to prevent other people getting screwed over like I have if any one thinks I am being unreasonable feel free to comment and I will give a civil response to your thoughts

I dont want any flaming

Situation is

I contacted said business on the 8/8/11 I cant remember the exact time but think it was just before lunch and booked my car in to get work done I clearly stated what i wanted to be completed and that I would get it dropped off first thing so that I could have it completed same day as would be expected when its at the shop for 8hours.

I asked twice how busy they where and if there would be any issue completing the job in the time frame specified and told the person I was dealing with that if there where any problems to contact me and we would resolve them

So I got the car dropped off before 8 along with the keys and all the parts needed to make the job as easy for them as possible.

I then rang them up at around 820am and confirmed that they had received the car and the keys ok and that they where clear on what I wanted done and that the parts where in the car for it to be done.

Also I discovered last night a minor issue that would make the job alittle more differcult so I informed them and said that the extra price would be fine and that again confirmed that the job would still be completed today as well as discussing payment options ie my mate paying cash when it was picked up or me paying via credit card over the phone.

didnt worry all day as Ive dealt with them before and have been happy with work that has been done etc

got a phone call from my mate at 440 saying that nothing apart from a minor thing had been done and that it wouldnt be ready today

Spoke with the guy and ill admit I got alittle annoyed and pointed out all of the above to him and explained when he gave me the price that yes I had expected it to be cheaper however I get that the job is complex and the money isnt an issue it was more the fact that even though I had told him to call me had there been a problem and he hadnt, however he again stated that it would be done by tomorrow lunch time or afternoon at the latest and that I could get it picked up tomorrow night or I could take it now I said id need to talk to my mate and confirm as they where picking it up.

Spoke with my mate and said fine we will leave it with them and pick it up tomorrow night as long as its not an issue for them to pick it up.

Get a txt 20mins later saying the guy is now refusing to do the work to my car and wanting to charge me 2 hours worth of work for doing nothing

Car was picked up and I have left a message on his answer phone requesting an explanation

IF he contacts me before lunch time tomorrow and resolves this I will get the mods to delete this thread otherwise I will state who I dealt with today

Very unimpressed and sick of f**k arounds espically when I point out im on a tight timeframe

also note all my work calls are recorded which means both phone calls to him I have on record
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:54:15 PM by Shrike »
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

ECR33

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
sounds like PIT STOP?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"WHAT THE WORLD IS NOT READY FOR" ==> thirtythre3.tumblr.com

Demco

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
yea.. pit stop for sure
♜♞♝♛[Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4]♚♝♞♜[/b]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ARRRHHH THUUURRRTYYY TWOOO
Progress 98%

[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[/COLOR] || ]

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »
Quote from: Shrike;563106
the job is complex

Can't be Pitstop, they aren't capable of competently doing anything beyond pre-school level tasks (from what I hear over and over again)
Surely no one would give those muppets complex work to do.... thats just asking for trouble :eek:

GETLOW

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »
Some parts of that are things that just happen, its just the joy of cars (from experiance) but 95% of that sounds pretty bad IMO

I can tell you that from experiance, Him not calling you to tell you that hes been held up I can understand. it happens some times you get a job that you belive you have finished when it throws its toys and it delays the next job. often when this happens your way to busy to even think about making phone calls etc *this is where a reciptionest is handy*) We get this all the time with problems from one job delaying another. So thats why our booking system is a little rough and flexable as we are so used to little problems delaying us we have to be like that so we don't overbook the workshop since we have such limited space
1JZ VVTI R33 using a custom RB25DET gearbox (almost running)

Shred Motorsport
67 Pharazyn Street
Lower Hutt, Wellington
http://www.SHREDMOTORSPORT.co.nz
(04) 569 7469

Ultimategtr

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
Sounds like ALs Mufflers.. But that is a bit slack. Charge for 2 hours-depends what he did but I wouldn't pay themfor the full 2 hours. I say name the shame

zique

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
Pit Stop,I avoid them after my bro's supra came back home with a blown turbo (new TO4) after getting the exhaust done.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Quote from: Shrike;563106
didnt worry all day as Ive dealt with them before and have been happy with work that has been done etc

So it's a one off? Don't think that justifies a name and shame does it? :S
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Shrike

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
yeah had the owner ring me yesterday and apologize
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679