Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Hey from auckland!  (Read 2884 times)

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Hey guys, girls,

I'm Brett, I'm a 20yo import (been here 16 odd years now) and I just picked up my first ever RB last week - it's also my first turbo manual RWD and it's pretty darn cool i recon :)

I currently reside in Albany but I'm moving to Greenlane in two weeks into a beautiful big old villa on Great South Road. It also happens to be 20 seconds from work by car (timed it yesterday).

I work with-in the Winger group for Winger Hyundai as a parts consultant and I love my job. I've been with the brand nearly two years and with Winger for one year.

My car is a 1990 Skyline GTS (factory manual) with a GTS-t (Mspec) motor with 140,000km and a 20det box. My Skyline has minimal modifications and I think it is a good starting platform.

Mods: FMCI (2.5"), t25/25t (however you say it) turbo (from 25det i believe), 2.5" straight through exhaust from turbo back, catch can set-up, pod filter and a big *** front strut brace. Standard 4 stud set-up sitting on 17" gun metal TSW's on super lows.

I want to get my car to a track day sometime soon as I want to get into drifting and that was one of the reasons for my purchase.

I have been reading this forum for a few days solid now and you all seem like a really decent bunch of people who I would be keen to meet with and have a beer of two. I'm also interested in coming to regular meets and going on cruises.

No doubt I'll be asking for tips, tricks and help and it will be a pleasure to hear from you guys, cheers!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:13:04 AM by hacksaw »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

ONS2HU

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1650
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
welcome bro, do you know a veda?
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

4ever_sideways

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1470
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
Hey, welcome to SDU, got any pics of your car?
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Quote
Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
welcome bro !

We take all our work cars to you guys for servicing etc :)

photos of your car of it dont exist !

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
Quote from: ONS2HU;567822
welcome bro, do you know a veda?

yeah bro my mrs is best friends with her and i'm really good mates with her too. she just come over from aus two weeks ago. she's a gb, i really like her :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »
Quote from: 4ever_sideways;567823
Hey, welcome to SDU, got any pics of your car?

she's a bit of a hack at the moment bro - got plenty of work to do before she's eligible for a photo shoot haha! naw man for real, she is pretty hacked up but ill put pics up this weekend. doing cambelt and r/c gaskets so ill take some engine bay shots too. cheers for the welcome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Quote from: D1LEMA;567825
welcome bro !

We take all our work cars to you guys for servicing etc :)

photos of your car of it dont exist !


oh yeah what company do you work for? what you mean about photos? is it possible to multi quote a reply from different posts from different members?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

DevilFish

  • RB20E
  • *
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
Welcome to SDU,

ONS2HU

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1650
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
Quote from: hacksaw;567827
yeah bro my mrs is best friends with her and i'm really good mates with her too. she just come over from aus two weeks ago. she's a gb, i really like her :)


which ones ya mrs?? cause my mrs was with veda the other day and she mentioned a brett with a 32 blue i think? haha its a small world aaafteer alll
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:48:18 AM »
Quote from: hacksaw;567832
oh yeah what company do you work for? what you mean about photos? is it possible to multi quote a reply from different posts from different members?


Yeah button next to the quote button is muiltie quote.

Harrison Grierson is who I work for.

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
Quote from: D1LEMA;567837
Yeah button next to the quote button is muiltie quote.

Harrison Grierson is who I work for.


ah yes i see your account there. you don't owe me anything haha :)

Quote from: DevilFish;567835
Welcome to SDU,


cheers! appreciate the reply!

Quote from: ONS2HU;567836
which ones ya mrs?? cause my mrs was with veda the other day and she mentioned a brett with a 32 blue i think? haha its a small world aaafteer alll


my mrs is the short ginga one Sophie. what's your mrs name?
yeah bro small world for sure - picked my 32 up last week or so, still learning how to drive it :eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

ONS2HU

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1650
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »
Quote from: hacksaw;567841
my mrs is the short ginga one Sophie. what's your mrs name?
yeah bro small world for sure - picked my 32 up last week or so, still learning how to drive it :eek:


Alecia bro shes been hanging out with veda everyday almost since she got back from auz haha.

yeah i heard from her something along those lines.. :P
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
Quote from: ONS2HU;567843
Alecia bro shes been hanging out with veda everyday almost since she got back from auz haha.

yeah i heard from her something along those lines.. :P


Alecia - I don't think I've me her bro? link me facebook
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it

ONS2HU

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1650
    • View Profile
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
Quote from: pure_methamphetamachine;561726
I am just a legend. Fairly simple really.

hacksaw

  • RB20DET
  • ***
  • Posts: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663316138
Hey from auckland!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
Quote from: ONS2HU;567847
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=722786387

:D


oh yeah bro i met her for the first time last weekend sat man! Alecia, Veda and Soph were having a few drinks at the old res.
i take it you're Rob?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Track Hack

Sh*t happens, deal with it