Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Cleanup from Cyber Wheels Thread  (Read 2479 times)

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
    • http://
Cleanup from Cyber Wheels Thread
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:08:19 PM »
Moved here
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:08:25 PM by Stalk3r »

con-air

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »
Quote from: ibb&;570142
18x9.5 +20 isn't agressive at all lol.

It's aggressive enough to fail a warrant for protruding past the body of the car.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:27:47 PM »
Quote from: con-air;570143
It's aggressive enough to fail a warrant for protruding past the body of the car.

No it god damn wouldn't. Stop talking about R33s when you've evidently never seen one with 18x10 +20s

HERE YOU GO, HERE IS 18X10 +20 LOWERED WITHOUT CAMBER ARMS, JUST THE NATURAL CAMBER WHICH LOWERING GIVES YOU (2.5DEG), MINOR GUARD WORK.

I FIT THEM IN, THEY'RE UNDER THE GUARDS. STOP TALKING ABOUT **** YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

con-air

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;570147
No it god damn wouldn't. Stop talking about R33s when you've evidently never seen one with 18x10 +20s

HERE YOU GO, HERE IS 18X10 +20 LOWERED WITHOUT CAMBER ARMS, JUST THE NATURAL CAMBER WHICH LOWERING GIVES YOU (2.5DEG), MINOR GUARD WORK.

I FIT THEM IN, THEY'RE UNDER THE GUARDS. STOP TALKING ABOUT **** YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT.

Firstly your assuming way to much boy settle down. I failed a wof with +30mm wide guards at the front on Friday. Can't be that much of a difference between that on a s14 vs an r33, they run the same rims from factory ffs. Secondly your assuming rob wants to run 'natural' camber and **** his tyres every 6 months, 2.5 degrees is quite a bit of camber. If he wants to do it properly with front camber arms to give about 0.5 degrees camber and not lower it so much depending on if he has adjusties or not?? then he may have issues come wof time depending on where he goes, but if the r33 guards are wide enough to fit it all fine then that's sweet, was merely saying that it's not just the stretched tyres they are getting strict on, they don't like wheels protruding past the guards, was merely a warning before he decides to go all extreme.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »
YOU'RE THE ****ING ONE RUNNING ON ASSUMPTIONS SUCH AS S14 = R33 GUARDS.

I just ****ing proved to you they fit, why are you still arguing? They fit. They're not that agressive. S14s guards are much smaller, even R32s are smaller than R33s.

2.5deg is about what people say is good for handling terms - it doesn't chew tyres and nothing is stopping him from not going as low and bringing the camber down.

I have plenty of room to go harder on the guards without much problem.

And you don't know what you're talking about, cause I just bloody fit them without problem. You don't own or haven't owned a R33.

Look. Under the guards. 18x10 +20 18x9.5 would mean it sits in 13mm to what I have now. Which would be very very VERY easy to fit in the guards.

SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

con-air

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 01:22:09 AM »
I never said they didn't fit, I said they would be aggressive and if they stick out further than the car then be careful about where you go for a wof. It's as simple as that, depending on where you go you may not get a wof either. I was just telling him to keep in mind the way rules and regulations are going these days, so take your fukcing A.D.D pills before you freak out and sh1t yourself again.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 01:34:55 AM »
You're fvcking talking out of your ***.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;570171
2.5deg is about what people say is good for handling terms - it doesn't chew tyres and nothing is stopping him from not going as low and bringing the camber down.

whoever "people" are theyre retards, because if theyre saying it as a blanket statement across all cars not only are they wrong but verging on dangerous, and if theyre saying it nissan specific then theyre even more of a retard, and wrong, nissan geometry especially in the rear has dynamically increasing camber on suspension deflection, therefore on bump as the suspension retracts the cammber goes up, if the camber is at 2.5 degrees negative while sitting neutral by the time suspension deflection is at its full itll be closer to 3-3.25 degrees

go on, argue, i dare you

also for someone who plays the "stop swearing card" when other people swear in an argument, pull your head in and mind your langauge, i dont care if you or con air believe or are right or wrong, but you dont need to talk to other people like that, especially on a public forum

pull your head in

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:28 AM »
I completely agree with Stalk3r, I had -2.5 dergees before adjustable arms, it chewed the tyres out like crazy. I'm down to about -1.0 now and the handling has improved greatly.
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
Just flipped my fronts with about 2.5deg camber and they had almost no obvious camber wear. Just minor grazing on the far inside of the tyre which my tyre guy reccomended I flip to stop from that wearing through. Would depend on tyre, tyre size, how well you maintain tyre pressure, etc

And I was actually talking on R33 terms, not blanket statements, I've seen several people talking around those lines for street use. Along with the fact I don't have a whole lot of suspension travel meaning full extension is going to give me a lot less camber than what you're quoting.

Along with the fact he said to me himself he wants "wide wheels, concave and camber" - I wouldn't push it any further than 2.5 as you'll start to have some really heavy negative side effects.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

dimaat

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »

D1LEMA

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 09:46:53 AM »
^^^ Hahahahaha

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;570215
Just flipped my fronts with about 2.5deg camber and they had almost no obvious camber wear. Just minor grazing on the far inside of the tyre which my tyre guy reccomended I flip to stop from that wearing through. Would depend on tyre, tyre size, etc

And I was actually talking on R33 terms, not blanket statements, I've seen several people talking around those lines for street use. Along with the fact I don't have a whole lot of suspension travel meaning full extension is going to give me a lot less camber than what you're quoting.

Along with the fact he said to me himself he wants "wide wheels, concave and camber" - I wouldn't push it any further than 2.5 as you'll start to have some really heavy negative side effects.

then my statement still stands, the "people" telling you 2.5 degrees is good for handling and doesnt increase tyre wear are retards

youve had your car set that way for what 6 weeks? come back and talk in another few months, in fact zangetsus car yesterday which runs higher ride height and therefore less camber is showing signs of aggressive camber wear, and if you want ill show you pictures of my stack of tyres all with camber wear form 1.75 degrees

clearly your tyre guy knows stuff all about the geometry of skylines, regardless of generation, and if its who i think it is it doesnt surprise me at all, he's clearly displayed on numerous occaisons he knows more about hondas than anything else, and thats fine, thats his choice, but i find it very hard to believe he would say R33's have better handling at 2.5 degrees, because quite simply, it wont

ibb&

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;570219
then my statement still stands, the "people" telling you 2.5 degrees is good for handling and doesnt increase tyre wear are retards

Didn't say it was ideal - I said it's about what he wants to push it when he's looking at a bit of form over function. Nobody said it won't wear tyres - but it's not going to "chew" tyres like people state. And once again - very much depends on how people treat them

youve had your car set that way for what 6 weeks? come back and talk in another few months, in fact zangetsus car yesterday which runs higher ride height and therefore less camber is showing signs of aggressive camber wear, and if you want ill show you pictures of my stack of tyres all with camber wear form 1.75 degrees

I take it you're familiar with exif data - so here's a picture taken the day after I lowered it. EXIF data reads 15/01/2011.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7814/armybay1.jpg

Army bay cruise.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

(7 months, 27 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes, 57 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of US Pacific)

Throw it in there. Go on. 6 weeks. lolol

clearly your tyre guy knows stuff all about the geometry of skylines, regardless of generation, and if its who i think it is it doesnt surprise me at all, he's clearly displayed on numerous occaisons he knows more about hondas than anything else, and thats fine, thats his choice, but i find it very hard to believe he would say R33's have better handling at 2.5 degrees, because quite simply, it wont

Wasn't my tyre guy who said that. So not entirely sure what you're talking about there. Didn't say it was better - it's just at the maximum you want to push.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:56:16 AM by ibb& »
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Stalk3r

• RB25DET
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »
27/07/11
Quote from: ibb&;560328
Minor little update.

Anyway, I threw on the last thing I need before I can go down to the cert place.. 15mm spacers for brake clearance. The Wolfs (u mad?) don't clear the huge 4 pots on the R33. I was using 3mm slip ons, but they're not certable.. So grinding and 3 hours of back breaking work resulted in this:

Before:

During:

The initial fit off the ground, needs more camber! Luckily, I got what I wanted, 2.5deg when it's sitting on the ground.

And wham-bam! Here is the results. Typical ****ty phone pics. Sorry.
Much more aggressive!

fake edit for more lols
Quote from: ibb&;570222
Didn't say it was ideal
no you said "People say its good for handling terms"

which im calling the full retard card on, because its not
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:06:32 AM by Stalk3r »