Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Rb25det Build.  (Read 1181 times)

r32_purpose

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:25:55 PM »
Hi Guys and Girls,
Im am an apprentice Mechanic Workin in Nelson,
I am wanting To Build Me a Really Good 25Det for my R32 Skyline(just a 20det atm) I haven't ever really rebuilt anything for High Horse Power purposes But I have Some experience.
But i'm wanting to know a list of Reasonable Priced Mods, Pistons, Bearings, (After market Rings If They Exists) Cams Etc. i want it to be strong but it doesnt have to be a 1million dollar job Haha.
Thanks Much apretaited.

BADHAB|T

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »
What is your power goal and budget?

r32_purpose

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »
Hey. Wanting to Reach around 350-400hp at the rears. Budget not yet known but wana know my options. dont want cheap chinese stuff though

R32ONP

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »
oem spec - brand new parts ie rings , bearings etc are fine
Steer from the rear ..... Drop it like its hot !!!

Chris@STM

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
    • http://www.speedtechnz.com/
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
For 350-400hp you dont need to go to overboard. I have managed these numbers on a few unopened Rb25det's. One in particular, running a Link G4, ID1000 injectors, front facing plenium and GT35. I think it made 415hp atw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZcQlM5mmk
KP Toyota Starlet **Coming Soon**
Nissan R32 GTR **Coming Soon**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dyno Tuning | ECU Installation | Performance Servicing | Performance Workshop | W.O.F.

r32_purpose

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
oh really? so the standard pistons etc will take it?
I have become more aware that the tune is important. so keen on a link g4

Chris@STM

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
    • http://www.speedtechnz.com/
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »
In my experience we havn't had any issues. If your tune is right and you have the right setup then you shouldn't have an issue making those numbers. Im actually doing a R33 Rb25det tomorrow. Completely standard with a Link G4 p&p so will let you know how I go with that. Id say to start with go for a decent turbo, fuel pump, ecu, injectors and fmic. Get it tuned and see what you make then you can go from there. No point in spending huge dollars on the motor when you dont need to.
KP Toyota Starlet **Coming Soon**
Nissan R32 GTR **Coming Soon**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dyno Tuning | ECU Installation | Performance Servicing | Performance Workshop | W.O.F.

GETLOW

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
If you want somthing that is an awesome fast car on a budget then its hard to look past the stock turbo on the 25t.

We have also done plenty of RB25DETs at well over 400hp on stock pistons (**** we have even done a DE out to 360kw atw on a stock engine on E85 fuel, but thats running 18psi)

What I would do,
Front mount
Walbro intank pump (rewired to 14v)
New fuel filter (always nice to change these often to ensure good fuel flow)
3" turbo back dump pipe (stock dump pipe is ok, but a 3" bell mouth is better)
and a Link G4 to top it off.
We usually see 210-240kw or around 300hp on a setup like that

If you want 300kw+ its pretty easy to do, but for most street cars the setup above is a great starting point and its alot of fun to drive since its so responsive with plenty of torque
1JZ VVTI R33 using a custom RB25DET gearbox (almost running)

Shred Motorsport
67 Pharazyn Street
Lower Hutt, Wellington
http://www.SHREDMOTORSPORT.co.nz
(04) 569 7469

Skykid71

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
What are you going to use the car for???
 Track or drift work I would deffo think about extending the sump, also an oil cooler will give a bit more capacity...
 Also if you're going to crack open the engine, a good mod is to use RB26 rods, standard ones are good for 600BHP no problem, and you can pick a set up really cheap from a GTR owner who has upgraded, use with ACL bearings.  If you have the budget some forged pistons would be nice, but not essential, same with a MLS head gasket...
Come and be gone!!!

westybob

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
There is not much difference in price between a GT3076 and a GT3540 but if you want to stick with the stock block you will get better response from the GT3076 (unless you want to look elsewhere - Borg Warner, Holset etc.

If you can't afford a new turbo and a Link I think you are right to say its all in the tune and get the Link first and save up for another turbo later.

crunchy

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
    • http://
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »
no im not trolling you stm but gt35 and 1000cc injectors is massive overkill and cost a gt3076 is a way better pick and 550cc will also serve the cause well, the core replacment i do for insurance companies as per what alltech does will hit that mark and straight bolt in as well what westybob has pointed out the ecu change is a better start remember when fitting a gt unit thats the cheap part now install it plus gate exhaust etc etc etc cooler etc etc.
deside whats in your pocket then start playing youll be happier in the long run, geoff does these things 24/7 send him pm he can arange a turbo thru me if needed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:14:22 PM by crunchy »
"Find a dyno print out that makes you feel better"

`JustBlaze^^

• RB20E
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »
Quote from: r32_purpose;573524
Hi Guys and Girls,
Im am an apprentice Mechanic Workin in Nelson,
I am wanting To Build Me a Really Good 25Det for my R32 Skyline(just a 20det atm) I haven't ever really rebuilt anything for High Horse Power purposes But I have Some experience.
But i'm wanting to know a list of Reasonable Priced Mods, Pistons, Bearings, (After market Rings If They Exists) Cams Etc. i want it to be strong but it doesnt have to be a 1million dollar job Haha.
Thanks Much apretaited.

hahaha how long have you been an apprentice mechanic olliee??? at where was it again

OSOLAXD

• RB20E
    • View Profile
hahaha
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:46 AM »
yeah ollie, how long haha, enlighten me.

r32_purpose

• RB20DE
    • View Profile
Rb25det Build.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Thanks Josh and OSOLAXD but this is Wades engine and we share this profile. i just work BIDVEST lol.