Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Vl From Hell/drug House  (Read 2546 times)

r32_purpose

  • RB20DE
  • **
  • Posts: 81
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
Hey Guys,
got this piece of **** VL With a rb.
the only problem is its a 20e. smokes up one wheel all day in 1st but lets me down when i hook second.
Here's my mod plan. what ya think???
-Pod Filter/or none
-vaccum cleaner intake pipe(COLD)
-No fuel filter
-Bash out cat converter or replace with straight pipe
-remove fan belt
-clean plugsand gap to 1.1mm
-injector cleaner
-oil change
and daily pouring of octane BOOSTER.

HOW MUCH HORSES YOU RECKON I"LL GAIN? aiming for atleast 5 more.
let me know.
-

D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »
what are you using this car for ?? . . .

sounds ..well ...****

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
Why not just put a VTEC solenoid in there? Pretty simple mod and atleast 25kw gain

If not, add stickers, I heard they're 3-5kw each. It's why my car is plastered in them.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Ultimategtr

  • Guest
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
You can also use the Vtec stickers as a head gasket. Make sure you get the RED ones though, they bump your compression up a bit which is great at smoking up 2nd gear.

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
Quote from: Ultimategtr;575768
You can also use the Vtec stickers as a head gasket. Make sure you get the RED ones though, they bump your compression up a bit which is great at smoking up 2nd gear.


He also gotta make sure he uses the SOHC VTEC stickers, as he's got a RB20E.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
but i hear vtec solly's fail all the time, im not sure i'd want that kind of reliability issue myself

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;575770
but i hear vtec solly's fail all the time, im not sure i'd want that kind of reliability issue myself


Doesn't polishing the vtec solly fix that? And makes it kick harder bae
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Ultimategtr

  • Guest
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;575769
He also gotta make sure he uses the SOHC VTEC stickers, as he's got a RB20E.


Yes, correct. Thanks!

Also - If you ad a Mugen monster tacho - they have a special chip in there which talks to the ecu(latest version) and can give you a power gain of up to 20hp @ each wheel, inc the spare one in the boot.

This really should be installed and tuned on a dyno though.

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »
Quote from: ibb&;575773
Doesn't polishing the vtec solly fix that? And makes it kick harder bae

it makes it kick harder but it makes it less reliable coz the metals thinner, what you really want is one of the spinning ones, i hear theyve got super advanced metallurgy, we'd need an expert engineer/metallurgist to confirm that though

D1LEMA

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 3911
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
Lol mega troll thread.

Stickers
BIg tacko + shift light/s
Vtax
mad duff duff

= 450rwkws

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »
Quote from: Stalk3r;575779
it makes it kick harder but it makes it less reliable coz the metals thinner, what you really want is one of the spinning ones, i hear theyve got super advanced metallurgy, we'd need an expert engineer/metallurgist to confirm that though


Thinner? Really? I'm not sure. Is it within Honda specifications still though? If so it's sweet as!

I think we would probably need someone who works with verniers daily to confirm the difference in thickness of VTEC solenoids pre and post polishing.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady

Stalk3r

  • RB25DET
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
    • View Profile
    • http://
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
i dont know honda specifications, i know that if you vary the type of nut you feed the vtec monkey it makes it kick in earlier or later

Shrike

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 1072
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
my skyline has 4 stickers and I thought each one adds 15kw each to the front so guess I have 60kw at the front wheels :p
Quote from: MZ ROLA;555218
Personally i prefer DP

Quote from: Stalk3r;558679
mmmm sausage

Ultimategtr

  • Guest
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Quote from: Shrike;575787
my skyline has 4 stickers and I thought each one adds 15kw each to the front so guess I have 60kw at the front wheels :p


No, sort it out, you ONLY have 30fwkw(on a hot day), while you have around 180rwkw. Must be the e-Attessa/VTEC stickers.

ibb&

  • RB26DETT
  • *****
  • Posts: 2110
    • View Profile
Vl From Hell/drug House
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
Quote from: Shrike;575787
my skyline has 4 stickers and I thought each one adds 15kw each to the front so guess I have 60kw at the front wheels :p


3-5kw per sticker I believe. Depending on the dyno.

Quote from: Stalk3r;575786
i dont know honda specifications, i know that if you vary the type of nut you feed the vtec monkey it makes it kick in earlier or later


I have also heard if you run 2 they kick in twice as quick.
SDU DERAIL CREW WHAT!

Garage Stalk3r official cleaning lady