Congrats to our New President Anguss!!
Remember to like us on Facebook!! - https://www.facebook.com/skylinesdownunder

Author Topic: Moonlight Racing 200SX Grip Projecto!  (Read 8788 times)

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
Moonlight Racing 200SX Grip Projecto!
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »
Since last update car now runs but there is a **** load of steam coming out the *** end and traces of water/condensation in the oil which obviously is not good. We're going to test to see if there is CO2 in the water tomorrow, if so maybe it looks like we will need a new block if it's cracked as there really couldn't be any other reason for it that I can think of.. would also explain the random steam coming up from down the engine area too..

Head gasket should be ok, everything has been replaced/installed to factory spec, new water pump, cambelt, blah blah.

Getting rather frustrated, just quietly. Might be easier to just sell the damn thing as is!
After performance parts for your car? PM Me, email sales@mlracing.co.nz or visit www.mlracing.co.nz!

4ever_sideways

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »
SR time?
Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it\'s a beautiful day.

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
Yeah just SR20 it. My mates DET took a thrashing all day for months and months and it didn't ever have an issue. They're awesome motors

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
I don't see it being worth the money to put an SR in it. We want to sell it soon anyway and get something that starts with a G and ends with an R ;D
After performance parts for your car? PM Me, email sales@mlracing.co.nz or visit www.mlracing.co.nz!

b00stinz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
Gator? The caretaker at our old college drives one. They're pretty cool I guess but can you get them road legal is the question

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
Quote from: b00stinz;597337
Gator? The caretaker at our old college drives one. They're pretty cool I guess but can you get them road legal is the question

Gator's gonna gate

mlracing.co.nz

• RB26DETT
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Been a while between drinks because.. well not much has happened. After installing that other head gasket unsuccessfully we removed the head again and found it was just pissing water into the rearest two cylinders more than anything else. Unsure why it was left to the side for a bit. Picked up another head gasket, standard this time not metal and went to install it on Saturday just gone but thought we'd best check the block first.... it is warped.

Checked it on various planes with two different straight edges with same result. Near the front it is maybe a couple mm different to the rear. Did a good job with that one haha! No point repairing it as the bill will come to far too much.

Not sure if I had mentioned it before but the end game now is the most cost effective way to selling. Not because the car is bad or due to this engine stuff but more because we feel this is probably not the most ideal platform to achieve what we want to achieve.

If anyone hears of a CA18DET for sale, let me know! Cheaper the better but must be running/in good working condition prior to removal from the car etc.